Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by djuzi05

For the Xoom fans and those complaining about the iPad 2 display. The numbers don't lie.

I don't like benchmarks, but in contest the browser on the xoom when scrolling chops up a bit, and the ipad2 browser doesn't chop up. Lots of variables going into benchmarks makes not believe cause you really have to try out device before on your own a determine is it fast and how the user experience for you. Also software optimizations to the browser or OS can make them even much faster and stable.

For the Xoom fans and those complaining about the iPad 2 display. The numbers don't lie.

I don't like benchmarks, but in contest the browser on the xoom when scrolling chops up a bit, and the ipad2 browser doesn't chop up. Lots of variables going into benchmarks makes not believe cause you really have to try out device before on your own a determine is it fast and how the user experience for you. Also software optimizations to the browser or OS can make them even much faster and stable.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

The web benchmarks have more to do with the addition of apples Nitro Engine added in iOS 4.3 which improved web performance up to 3x. The most impressive thing to me from the benchmarks is the gpu performance.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

The web benchmarks have more to do with the addition of apples Nitro Engine added in iOS 4.3 which improved web performance up to 3x. The most impressive thing to me from the benchmarks is the gpu performance.

so... i was doing a bit of blog/user comments reading earlier today &... apparently benchmarks dont matter anymore.. 
nerd.gif
 word to specs. 
el oh el. goes to show how ironic this whole fanboyism nonsense is. 

so... i was doing a bit of blog/user comments reading earlier today &... apparently benchmarks dont matter anymore.. 
nerd.gif
 word to specs. 
el oh el. goes to show how ironic this whole fanboyism nonsense is. 

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by mikejs210

interest is growing, yall need to post some pics
nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

yes i could google but its not the same *shrug*

What are you wanting pics of?Flipboard is dope btw.
mainly the browser (real web pages) & apps/games.
most of the stuff ive seen are just unboxing videos & then they show the home screen & thats it.
395682293.jpg

395682292.jpg

395682291.jpg

395682290.jpg

395682289.jpg

395682288.jpg

395682287.jpg

Originally Posted by mikejs210

interest is growing, yall need to post some pics
nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

yes i could google but its not the same *shrug*

What are you wanting pics of?Flipboard is dope btw.
mainly the browser (real web pages) & apps/games.
most of the stuff ive seen are just unboxing videos & then they show the home screen & thats it.
395682293.jpg

395682292.jpg

395682291.jpg

395682290.jpg

395682289.jpg

395682288.jpg

395682287.jpg

Wow everyone check out the iSwifter app. Full flash ability in a browser for free.

i went on and bought it for the .99, wow

finally i can watch animefreaktv on the go, thank you so much!

Guys download this app called APPSTART, It's free til monday. It's a ipad 2 special. It basically navigates you to all the best apps for the ipad. You're welcome

thank you. got it

Wow everyone check out the iSwifter app. Full flash ability in a browser for free.

Guys download this app called APPSTART, It's free til monday. It's a ipad 2 special. It basically navigates you to all the best apps for the ipad. You're welcome

thank you. got it

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

thank you. got it

I wasn't feeling the iSwifter joint. Its cool but I can't front my EVO runs Flash alot more stable. I appreciate the suggestion regardless tho. It may be useful in the future...
Great looks on that APPSTART joint tho. That app was cool as hell I def took a couple suggestions from it. Will continue to use it for a couple more weeks until I have finished with my customizations

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

thank you. got it

I wasn't feeling the iSwifter joint. Its cool but I can't front my EVO runs Flash alot more stable. I appreciate the suggestion regardless tho. It may be useful in the future...
Great looks on that APPSTART joint tho. That app was cool as hell I def took a couple suggestions from it. Will continue to use it for a couple more weeks until I have finished with my customizations

Activating "Gestures" (advanced)

In iOS 4.3, Apple has made it possible for "developers" to activate "gestures" for your iPad. These gestures work the same way as trackpad gestures for your Mac do. For example, you can use a four finger swipe to reveal the multitasking bar on your iPad, once gestures have been enabled. You can also switch from one app to another by swiping sideways using four fingers. Apple is still experiencing with this before making it public. It is however an incredible feature that will not only make you more productive, but also wow your friends. It's a bit complicated to obtain however, so it's not for everyone.

In order to activate this, you must first download Xcode for free from Apple (at developer.apple.com), and install it on your Mac (sorry Windows users, but you're going to have to find a Mac owning friend for this one). To do that, you'll need to create a free developer account at Apple. Once the app has been installed, launch Xcode, go to window menu and select "organizer". Here, make sure your iPad is plugged and select it in the left bar. Click on "Use For Development," and log in with your credentials.

Once this is done, your iPad should turn green in the left bar. Close Xcode, and open up the Settings application on your iPad. Under "General," you should find a "Multitasking Gestures" toggle - switch it to "on" in order to enable gestures on your iPad.

Activating "Gestures" (advanced)

In iOS 4.3, Apple has made it possible for "developers" to activate "gestures" for your iPad. These gestures work the same way as trackpad gestures for your Mac do. For example, you can use a four finger swipe to reveal the multitasking bar on your iPad, once gestures have been enabled. You can also switch from one app to another by swiping sideways using four fingers. Apple is still experiencing with this before making it public. It is however an incredible feature that will not only make you more productive, but also wow your friends. It's a bit complicated to obtain however, so it's not for everyone.

In order to activate this, you must first download Xcode for free from Apple (at developer.apple.com), and install it on your Mac (sorry Windows users, but you're going to have to find a Mac owning friend for this one). To do that, you'll need to create a free developer account at Apple. Once the app has been installed, launch Xcode, go to window menu and select "organizer". Here, make sure your iPad is plugged and select it in the left bar. Click on "Use For Development," and log in with your credentials.

Once this is done, your iPad should turn green in the left bar. Close Xcode, and open up the Settings application on your iPad. Under "General," you should find a "Multitasking Gestures" toggle - switch it to "on" in order to enable gestures on your iPad.

My top apps are:

The Daily (a thing of beauty, albeit a bit slanted)
Hulu Plus
(will be) NCAA Tourney
Pandora

My top apps are:

The Daily (a thing of beauty, albeit a bit slanted)
Hulu Plus
(will be) NCAA Tourney
Pandora

Back
Top Bottom