Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

interest is growing, yall need to post some pics
nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

yes i could google but its not the same *shrug*

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I use the FLUD app. It is similar to google reader but much better. Picked up a new Ipad 1 for 350. I will wait on the next model to upgrade.

ipad-flud.jpg
Smart man, Only thing about the iPad one is that video chatting on it will be epic, but theres still laptops and smartphones for that lol.
I wouldn't say that was a smart move 
Because most likely your going to sell your ipad 1 to cop the 3 and by the time the 3 is ready to drop the resell value of the ipad 1 will go down by a lot 

I think if you want a ipad and don't have one the best thing to do would be to get the ipad 2 to start out because with all the new changes like the slimmer and lighter design,camera and new processor you may not have to upgrade to the 3 and if you decide too you can still sell your 2 for good money 

I think I made a smart move. It's a toy! Not a laptop not a CPU. I valued this toy at 350 and that is what I paid. Perfect for browsing and reading books on the go. With your logic I would always be upgrading to the newest thing. For what I use it for iPad 1 is fine.

I use the FLUD app. It is similar to google reader but much better. Picked up a new Ipad 1 for 350. I will wait on the next model to upgrade.

ipad-flud.jpg
Smart man, Only thing about the iPad one is that video chatting on it will be epic, but theres still laptops and smartphones for that lol.
Because most likely your going to sell your ipad 1 to cop the 3 and by the time the 3 is ready to drop the resell value of the ipad 1 will go down by a lot 

I think if you want a ipad and don't have one the best thing to do would be to get the ipad 2 to start out because with all the new changes like the slimmer and lighter design,camera and new processor you may not have to upgrade to the 3 and if you decide too you can still sell your 2 for good money 

I think I made a smart move. It's a toy! Not a laptop not a CPU. I valued this toy at 350 and that is what I paid. Perfect for browsing and reading books on the go. With your logic I would always be upgrading to the newest thing. For what I use it for iPad 1 is fine.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I thought it would be an easy cop today....no luck
30t6p3b.gif

Line at the Apple Store was about 200 people deep.

Hopefully places will restock tonight. I'll give it another try tomorrow.
eek.gif

Apple wanted lines and they got lines. Wonder if there will still be lines come Monday.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I thought it would be an easy cop today....no luck
30t6p3b.gif

Line at the Apple Store was about 200 people deep.

Hopefully places will restock tonight. I'll give it another try tomorrow.
eek.gif

Apple wanted lines and they got lines. Wonder if there will still be lines come Monday.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

What are you wanting pics of?Flipboard is dope btw.

nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

copped a 32gb and will be messing with it tonight. went on a whim to The Cube on 5th Ave around 4pm today. by the time it was my turn, there were 4 32gb wifi's left and 64gb. while i was getting setup, some applause in the store, and security was telling people that more ipads would be in stock tomorrow. i lucked out BIG TIME. orginally wanted a 16gb wifi but oh well.

copped a 32gb and will be messing with it tonight. went on a whim to The Cube on 5th Ave around 4pm today. by the time it was my turn, there were 4 32gb wifi's left and 64gb. while i was getting setup, some applause in the store, and security was telling people that more ipads would be in stock tomorrow. i lucked out BIG TIME. orginally wanted a 16gb wifi but oh well.

I mean honestly, I rather catch a lick on an iPad 1. I will say this if I didnt already have the iPad I would have just waited for the hype to end and cop the iPad 2. But me personally I`m waiting for the iPad 3, I got my iPad in Nov, so I`d rather get my moneys worth out of it then to sell it like 5 months later for half the price, and spend more bread. If I sell my iPad 1 for like 200 bucks next yr I wont even be mad, cause I put mad use to it.

I mean honestly, I rather catch a lick on an iPad 1. I will say this if I didnt already have the iPad I would have just waited for the hype to end and cop the iPad 2. But me personally I`m waiting for the iPad 3, I got my iPad in Nov, so I`d rather get my moneys worth out of it then to sell it like 5 months later for half the price, and spend more bread. If I sell my iPad 1 for like 200 bucks next yr I wont even be mad, cause I put mad use to it.

Originally Posted by mikejs210

nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

mainly the browser (real web pages) & apps/games.
most of the stuff ive seen are just unboxing videos & then they show the home screen & thats it.

Originally Posted by mikejs210

nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

mainly the browser (real web pages) & apps/games.
most of the stuff ive seen are just unboxing videos & then they show the home screen & thats it.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Explain ? 
Everyone keeps bashing ipads/tablets but no one has been able to state a clear reason why they hate them so much besides comparing it to laptops and netbooks which is not a logical comparison IMO

Btw for the people copping on apple.com apple has push the ship date even farther from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks lol these things must be selling like hot cakes

Don't listen to that guy he knows nothing. iPads are already deployed in fortune 100 companies, being used to help autistic children, and replacing textbooks in some counties. Tablets provide a better user experience for people better than a pc can. A tablet could replace anything that serves a purpose of displaying information or analyzing information and have been cheaper alternatives to expensive pieces of hardware. Once the software comes around the possibilities are endless.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 
out of millions who purchased an ipad..how many are actually using it as a productivity device?

you cant even type properly on the thing for more than 5 minutes...and dont bring up that stupid keyboard, a tablet is meant to be portable

i am sorry but i have a shhh load of gadgets and computers, i know my tech

you are speaking as if tablets will replace laptops computers phones etc and revolutionize the world 

but in the end its just a piece of portable screen with touch interface. it is meant to provide entertainment and quick computing access, not do spread sheets, autocad watch blu rays, or play games, I have a real computer for that
Many people are using the iPad as a productive device. For one iPad became the first device that was certified to be used as an electronic flight bag for pilots which is pretty ground breaking. Also iPad has found many ways to be used in the medical industry with a possibility of it replacing radiology/x-ray workstation or at least replacing some of them which would save doctors around 10k per workstation.

In the business world iPads and other tablets already have VNC clients which is pretty big. Their off course is no office suite really available on iOS at the moment but in due time I see either openoffice or MS entering the tablet world. As I think I already stated around 65% of Fortune 100 company's have either deployed or piloted the iPad in their companies.

If you guys have not been paying attention to education news, iPad is supposed to be replacing textbooks in certain elementary schools.

Like I stated earlier tablets just need more software to to become better alternatives to things in our life. I dont think tablets will replace Laptops or even Desktops but I do think we will see Tablets either replacing normal business workstations or company laptops for certain positions. At home for most people I would think it would be a cheap alternative for family's for computers for kids instead of buying a desktop for a young child a tablet would probably be better suited for them.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Explain ? 
Everyone keeps bashing ipads/tablets but no one has been able to state a clear reason why they hate them so much besides comparing it to laptops and netbooks which is not a logical comparison IMO

Btw for the people copping on apple.com apple has push the ship date even farther from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks lol these things must be selling like hot cakes

Don't listen to that guy he knows nothing. iPads are already deployed in fortune 100 companies, being used to help autistic children, and replacing textbooks in some counties. Tablets provide a better user experience for people better than a pc can. A tablet could replace anything that serves a purpose of displaying information or analyzing information and have been cheaper alternatives to expensive pieces of hardware. Once the software comes around the possibilities are endless.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 
out of millions who purchased an ipad..how many are actually using it as a productivity device?

you cant even type properly on the thing for more than 5 minutes...and dont bring up that stupid keyboard, a tablet is meant to be portable

i am sorry but i have a shhh load of gadgets and computers, i know my tech

you are speaking as if tablets will replace laptops computers phones etc and revolutionize the world 

but in the end its just a piece of portable screen with touch interface. it is meant to provide entertainment and quick computing access, not do spread sheets, autocad watch blu rays, or play games, I have a real computer for that
Many people are using the iPad as a productive device. For one iPad became the first device that was certified to be used as an electronic flight bag for pilots which is pretty ground breaking. Also iPad has found many ways to be used in the medical industry with a possibility of it replacing radiology/x-ray workstation or at least replacing some of them which would save doctors around 10k per workstation.

In the business world iPads and other tablets already have VNC clients which is pretty big. Their off course is no office suite really available on iOS at the moment but in due time I see either openoffice or MS entering the tablet world. As I think I already stated around 65% of Fortune 100 company's have either deployed or piloted the iPad in their companies.

If you guys have not been paying attention to education news, iPad is supposed to be replacing textbooks in certain elementary schools.

Like I stated earlier tablets just need more software to to become better alternatives to things in our life. I dont think tablets will replace Laptops or even Desktops but I do think we will see Tablets either replacing normal business workstations or company laptops for certain positions. At home for most people I would think it would be a cheap alternative for family's for computers for kids instead of buying a desktop for a young child a tablet would probably be better suited for them.

Okay I posted yesterday that I was already sick of it...... I take it back! Yes it is a over grown iPhone 4 but it's very fun and useful. I'm on it typing this and I love it

Okay I posted yesterday that I was already sick of it...... I take it back! Yes it is a over grown iPhone 4 but it's very fun and useful. I'm on it typing this and I love it

Anyone get a smart cover for theirs? I'm thinking about going to the store to cop but idk if I would like the back to not be protected so I think I want a full case.

Anyone get a smart cover for theirs? I'm thinking about going to the store to cop but idk if I would like the back to not be protected so I think I want a full case.

Back
Top Bottom