Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

my friend went to best buy to buy a 16 gig. i was at work in the same shopping center and wanted a 32 gig white wi-fi. best buy was saying you could buy one per person, then they started saying one per family. i went in after work at 6PM, they had 2 16 gig black. they allowed people to do a "pre-order" where you pay $100 and when they get more in they call you. so i had to do this, but looks like its gonna be at least a week before i get one.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I use the FLUD app. It is similar to google reader but much better. Picked up a new Ipad 1 for 350. I will wait on the next model to upgrade.

ipad-flud.jpg
Smart man, Only thing about the iPad one is that video chatting on it will be epic, but theres still laptops and smartphones for that lol.

Agreed, snagged a 32gb iPad 1 for cheap, only thing that would have made me get the new one was retina display, the ipad screen is kinda disappointing after using iphone 4 for a while.  

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I use the FLUD app. It is similar to google reader but much better. Picked up a new Ipad 1 for 350. I will wait on the next model to upgrade.

ipad-flud.jpg
Smart man, Only thing about the iPad one is that video chatting on it will be epic, but theres still laptops and smartphones for that lol.

Agreed, snagged a 32gb iPad 1 for cheap, only thing that would have made me get the new one was retina display, the ipad screen is kinda disappointing after using iphone 4 for a while.  

What kinda Smart Covers did you guys get? I couldn't decide yesterday and didn't get one. I think I'm just gonna go with the grey polyeurthane one. The leathers just aren't worth it.

What kinda Smart Covers did you guys get? I couldn't decide yesterday and didn't get one. I think I'm just gonna go with the grey polyeurthane one. The leathers just aren't worth it.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

I'm thinking of getting the 64Gig Wifi only, is it worth it or should I just get the 32gig?
Its up to you it really boils down to how much media you have. Apps arent going to fill up your space so its dependent on how much photos, videos, and music you are going to put on there. There are some games that are up to 1 gig but that isnt the norm most simple games are around 20-50 mb and more advanced games from 200-400 mb. Apple needs to look into a better compression method in the future for these apps something along the lines of procedural synthesis (google it).Outside of game the only App I can think of that takes a large amount of space is Tom Tom GPS which is either 1 or 2 gigs (size is because of the amount of maps it has).

I'm thinking of getting the 64Gig Wifi only, is it worth it or should I just get the 32gig?
Its up to you it really boils down to how much media you have. Apps arent going to fill up your space so its dependent on how much photos, videos, and music you are going to put on there. There are some games that are up to 1 gig but that isnt the norm most simple games are around 20-50 mb and more advanced games from 200-400 mb. Apple needs to look into a better compression method in the future for these apps something along the lines of procedural synthesis (google it).Outside of game the only App I can think of that takes a large amount of space is Tom Tom GPS which is either 1 or 2 gigs (size is because of the amount of maps it has).

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Blue polyurethane on white. Not sure about on black.

Leather is OD in my opinion.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Blue polyurethane on white. Not sure about on black.

Leather is OD in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

I'm having trouble too! The cut for the film is too big! I want to return mind.

Sidebar - didn't have to wait in line, my old university bookstore reserved mine
pimp.gif

White wifi 32gb btw
people at bestbuy were saying that films were being recalled because it does not fit ipad 2. they opened like 20 of them and none of them fit. if you bought the film, go return it. 

invisible shields is trash product, get the 3M shields those have a far more better cut and better hi-grade quality product its $$ but worth it.

Known - thanks for the update. I'll return mine today. Alchemist - this was my first (and last) time buying an invisible shield product.

I went to the Apple Store at Roosevelt Field Mall to buy a MBP not knowing it was the iPad2 release day...
sick.gif

Needless to say, I left. Whats the big deal about these? Isn't Apple mass producing them? Why do ppl need them yesterday?

I went to the Apple Store at Roosevelt Field Mall to buy a MBP not knowing it was the iPad2 release day...
sick.gif

Needless to say, I left. Whats the big deal about these? Isn't Apple mass producing them? Why do ppl need them yesterday?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

I'm having trouble too! The cut for the film is too big! I want to return mind.

Sidebar - didn't have to wait in line, my old university bookstore reserved mine
pimp.gif

White wifi 32gb btw
people at bestbuy were saying that films were being recalled because it does not fit ipad 2. they opened like 20 of them and none of them fit. if you bought the film, go return it. 

invisible shields is trash product, get the 3M shields those have a far more better cut and better hi-grade quality product its $$ but worth it.

Known - thanks for the update. I'll return mine today. Alchemist - this was my first (and last) time buying an invisible shield product.

I wanted a 32gb and got stuck with a 64gb Wifi only and I'm happy with it.  I was able to throw way more movies on there, more music, more room for apps, just able to put more stuff on there.  $100 more for double the capacity.  I think I would have been just fine with 32gb, but oh well, I have no regrets.
And I'm totally happy with the battery life of this thing 
pimp.gif

I wanted a 32gb and got stuck with a 64gb Wifi only and I'm happy with it.  I was able to throw way more movies on there, more music, more room for apps, just able to put more stuff on there.  $100 more for double the capacity.  I think I would have been just fine with 32gb, but oh well, I have no regrets.
And I'm totally happy with the battery life of this thing 
pimp.gif

I have an iPod Touch, why do I still want this damn thing
laugh.gif

Updates are pretty much every year right? Gonna try my hardest to wait for the 3rd version.

Best case/skin for these? I don't even see any on amazon (only for the iPad1).

I have an iPod Touch, why do I still want this damn thing
laugh.gif

Updates are pretty much every year right? Gonna try my hardest to wait for the 3rd version.

Best case/skin for these? I don't even see any on amazon (only for the iPad1).

i been used the ipad for a week and i really dont see what is so special about ipads. they cant do anything truly productive.

theres a rumor that the new galaxy tab is gonna be 400 wifi only.

a way more attractive deal imo

i been used the ipad for a week and i really dont see what is so special about ipads. they cant do anything truly productive.

theres a rumor that the new galaxy tab is gonna be 400 wifi only.

a way more attractive deal imo

Back
Top Bottom