Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I have an iPod Touch, why do I still want this damn thing
laugh.gif

Updates are pretty much every year right? Gonna try my hardest to wait for the 3rd version.

Best case/skin for these? I don't even see any on amazon (only for the iPad1).
I'm guessing iPad 3 around the same time next year.  Maybe same design, higher resolution screen, more RAM, better cameras.   

I have an iPod Touch, why do I still want this damn thing
laugh.gif

Updates are pretty much every year right? Gonna try my hardest to wait for the 3rd version.

Best case/skin for these? I don't even see any on amazon (only for the iPad1).
I'm guessing iPad 3 around the same time next year.  Maybe same design, higher resolution screen, more RAM, better cameras.   

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Can't believe the Best Buy I ended up going to near Harlem only had 10 AVAILABLE!

Thankfully I was first one line, only waited one hour, but moms sure is happy
laugh.gif

Now I want one
frown.gif
pimp.gif
My mom got hers this morning @ work. Getting free apple products=best job perk. She gets everything that apple drops for free.

loco, I need a job for when I move
nerd.gif
Lets trade places
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Can't believe the Best Buy I ended up going to near Harlem only had 10 AVAILABLE!

laugh.gif

Now I want one
frown.gif
pimp.gif
My mom got hers this morning @ work. Getting free apple products=best job perk. She gets everything that apple drops for free.

Where does she work?
Waldorf Astoria

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

laugh.gif

Now I want one
frown.gif
pimp.gif

loco, I need a job for when I move
nerd.gif
Lets trade places
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

laugh.gif

Now I want one
frown.gif
pimp.gif

Where does she work?
Waldorf Astoria

Anyone elae get a good case... I'm riding with this red smart cover for now but i need something for the back

Anyone elae get a good case... I'm riding with this red smart cover for now but i need something for the back

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

i been used the ipad for a week and i really dont see what is so special about ipads. they cant do anything truly productive.

theres a rumor that the new galaxy tab is gonna be 400 wifi only.

a way more attractive deal imo
Explain ? 
Everyone keeps bashing ipads/tablets but no one has been able to state a clear reason why they hate them so much besides comparing it to laptops and netbooks which is not a logical comparison IMO

Btw for the people copping on apple.com apple has push the ship date even farther from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks lol these things must be selling like hot cakes

i been used the ipad for a week and i really dont see what is so special about ipads. they cant do anything truly productive.

Explain ? 
Everyone keeps bashing ipads/tablets but no one has been able to state a clear reason why they hate them so much besides comparing it to laptops and netbooks which is not a logical comparison IMO

Btw for the people copping on apple.com apple has push the ship date even farther from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks lol these things must be selling like hot cakes

I thought it would be an easy cop today....no luck
30t6p3b.gif

Line at the Apple Store was about 200 people deep.

Hopefully places will restock tonight. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

I thought it would be an easy cop today....no luck
30t6p3b.gif

Line at the Apple Store was about 200 people deep.

Hopefully places will restock tonight. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Halftime718

I'm thinking of getting the 64Gig Wifi only, is it worth it or should I just get the 32gig?
Its up to you it really boils down to how much media you have. Apps arent going to fill up your space so its dependent on how much photos, videos, and music you are going to put on there. There are some games that are up to 1 gig but that isnt the norm most simple games are around 20-50 mb and more advanced games from 200-400 mb. Apple needs to look into a better compression method in the future for these apps something along the lines of procedural synthesis (google it).Outside of game the only App I can think of that takes a large amount of space is Tom Tom GPS which is either 1 or 2 gigs (size is because of the amount of maps it has).

Thanks I was just thinking about it but like another NTLKR said 100 more for double space seems good.

I'm thinking of getting the 64Gig Wifi only, is it worth it or should I just get the 32gig?
Its up to you it really boils down to how much media you have. Apps arent going to fill up your space so its dependent on how much photos, videos, and music you are going to put on there. There are some games that are up to 1 gig but that isnt the norm most simple games are around 20-50 mb and more advanced games from 200-400 mb. Apple needs to look into a better compression method in the future for these apps something along the lines of procedural synthesis (google it).Outside of game the only App I can think of that takes a large amount of space is Tom Tom GPS which is either 1 or 2 gigs (size is because of the amount of maps it has).

Thanks I was just thinking about it but like another NTLKR said 100 more for double space seems good.

Just came back from Best buy on 23rd and 6th. I got super lucky wandering around this area. They were sold out but as soon as i got there, they received another shipment. Copped a black 32gb.

Anybody jailbreak theirs yet?

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Explain ? 

Don't listen to that guy he knows nothing. iPads are already deployed in fortune 100 companies, being used to help autistic children, and replacing textbooks in some counties. Tablets provide a better user experience for people better than a pc can. A tablet could replace anything that serves a purpose of displaying information or analyzing information and have been cheaper alternatives to expensive pieces of hardware. Once the software comes around the possibilities are endless.

Just came back from Best buy on 23rd and 6th. I got super lucky wandering around this area. They were sold out but as soon as i got there, they received another shipment. Copped a black 32gb.

Anybody jailbreak theirs yet?

Explain ? 

Don't listen to that guy he knows nothing. iPads are already deployed in fortune 100 companies, being used to help autistic children, and replacing textbooks in some counties. Tablets provide a better user experience for people better than a pc can. A tablet could replace anything that serves a purpose of displaying information or analyzing information and have been cheaper alternatives to expensive pieces of hardware. Once the software comes around the possibilities are endless.

Tablets are nice, but I can't see myself dropping $500+ for one.  I already have a laptop and kindle that works fine for me.

Tablets are nice, but I can't see myself dropping $500+ for one.  I already have a laptop and kindle that works fine for me.

Explain ? 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 
out of millions who purchased an ipad..how many are actually using it as a productivity device?

you cant even type properly on the thing for more than 5 minutes...and dont bring up that stupid keyboard, a tablet is meant to be portable

i am sorry but i have a shhh load of gadgets and computers, i know my tech

you are speaking as if tablets will replace laptops computers phones etc and revolutionize the world 

but in the end its just a piece of portable screen with touch interface. it is meant to provide entertainment and quick computing access, not do spread sheets, autocad watch blu rays, or play games, I have a real computer for that

Explain ? 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 
out of millions who purchased an ipad..how many are actually using it as a productivity device?

you cant even type properly on the thing for more than 5 minutes...and dont bring up that stupid keyboard, a tablet is meant to be portable

i am sorry but i have a shhh load of gadgets and computers, i know my tech

you are speaking as if tablets will replace laptops computers phones etc and revolutionize the world 

but in the end its just a piece of portable screen with touch interface. it is meant to provide entertainment and quick computing access, not do spread sheets, autocad watch blu rays, or play games, I have a real computer for that

interest is growing, yall need to post some pics
nerd.gif

i like pics
nerd.gif

yes i could google but its not the same *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom