Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

I was disappointed when they took away multitasking gestures from iOS 4.3 but you can actually still enable it! Might not be worth it for a lot of people, but you do have to buy a $5 program from the Mac App store. I think the gestures are really useful. It's not letting my embed.

I was disappointed when they took away multitasking gestures from iOS 4.3 but you can actually still enable it! Might not be worth it for a lot of people, but you do have to buy a $5 program from the Mac App store. I think the gestures are really useful. It's not letting my embed.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Anyone get a smart cover for theirs? I'm thinking about going to the store to cop but idk if I would like the back to not be protected so I think I want a full case.
I have a smart cover for mine. Was going to get a full-blown case but this thing feels far too nice to cover up. The back will be exposed, but whenever I'm not using it, I'll place it in my netbook sleeve.

And though it's not meant to be a pc replacement, I've stored my pc away and will be using this exclusively.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Anyone get a smart cover for theirs? I'm thinking about going to the store to cop but idk if I would like the back to not be protected so I think I want a full case.
I have a smart cover for mine. Was going to get a full-blown case but this thing feels far too nice to cover up. The back will be exposed, but whenever I'm not using it, I'll place it in my netbook sleeve.

And though it's not meant to be a pc replacement, I've stored my pc away and will be using this exclusively.

For the Xoom fans and those complaining about the iPad 2 display. The numbers don't lie.
35897.png

35890.png

35888.png

35895.png

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Don't listen to that guy he knows nothing. iPads are already deployed in fortune 100 companies, being used to help autistic children, and replacing textbooks in some counties. Tablets provide a better user experience for people better than a pc can. A tablet could replace anything that serves a purpose of displaying information or analyzing information and have been cheaper alternatives to expensive pieces of hardware. Once the software comes around the possibilities are endless.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 
out of millions who purchased an ipad..how many are actually using it as a productivity device?

you cant even type properly on the thing for more than 5 minutes...and dont bring up that stupid keyboard, a tablet is meant to be portable

i am sorry but i have a shhh load of gadgets and computers, i know my tech

you are speaking as if tablets will replace laptops computers phones etc and revolutionize the world 

but in the end its just a piece of portable screen with touch interface. it is meant to provide entertainment and quick computing access, not do spread sheets, autocad watch blu rays, or play games, I have a real computer for that
Many people are using the iPad as a productive device. For one iPad became the first device that was certified to be used as an electronic flight bag for pilots which is pretty ground breaking. Also iPad has found many ways to be used in the medical industry with a possibility of it replacing radiology/x-ray workstation or at least replacing some of them which would save doctors around 10k per workstation.

In the business world iPads and other tablets already have VNC clients which is pretty big. Their off course is no office suite really available on iOS at the moment but in due time I see either openoffice or MS entering the tablet world. As I think I already stated around 65% of Fortune 100 company's have either deployed or piloted the iPad in their companies.

If you guys have not been paying attention to education news, iPad is supposed to be replacing textbooks in certain elementary schools.

Like I stated earlier tablets just need more software to to become better alternatives to things in our life. I dont think tablets will replace Laptops or even Desktops but I do think we will see Tablets either replacing normal business workstations or company laptops for certain positions. At home for most people I would think it would be a cheap alternative for family's for computers for kids instead of buying a desktop for a young child a tablet would probably be better suited for them.

The adoption rate is only possible because the ipad is the first portable widely available device in the market. What makes the ipad better than say the xoom or the upcoming galaxy tab or even the kindle? Does the average ipad consumer use the ipad as a productivity device? And plus those apps u speak of, thin desktop clients etc arent cheap. For 500 plus dollars u can get full desktop computer, faster and more practical than an ipad. A tablet is not a device used to replace the full desktop experience, it us meant to compliment it. You will be nuts to buy a kid an ipad than a full computer. You can write emails on an ipad but are you going to even attempt to write a short essay paper on an ipad? If schools want ipads to replace textbooks and only for textbooks, why not just get a nook or kindle. It cost less than half the price of ipad and is superior to the ipad as an ereader. I am typing all of this on my ipad as we speak and just because you or I like it doesnt mean it doesnt have flaws. I dont understand that logic that just because it is capable of doing something productive for professionals apply to the average folks. It is like buying a kid a super computer to write papers. The cost doesnt justify it. I only bought this 1g ipad because its cheap and for the price it is worth the purchase. I cannot see myself spending 500 for an ipad and if i do i will have a good reason for it, unlike the majority of the people.

Don't listen to that guy he knows nothing. iPads are already deployed in fortune 100 companies, being used to help autistic children, and replacing textbooks in some counties. Tablets provide a better user experience for people better than a pc can. A tablet could replace anything that serves a purpose of displaying information or analyzing information and have been cheaper alternatives to expensive pieces of hardware. Once the software comes around the possibilities are endless.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 
out of millions who purchased an ipad..how many are actually using it as a productivity device?

you cant even type properly on the thing for more than 5 minutes...and dont bring up that stupid keyboard, a tablet is meant to be portable

you are speaking as if tablets will replace laptops computers phones etc and revolutionize the world 

but in the end its just a piece of portable screen with touch interface. it is meant to provide entertainment and quick computing access, not do spread sheets, autocad watch blu rays, or play games, I have a real computer for that
Many people are using the iPad as a productive device. For one iPad became the first device that was certified to be used as an electronic flight bag for pilots which is pretty ground breaking. Also iPad has found many ways to be used in the medical industry with a possibility of it replacing radiology/x-ray workstation or at least replacing some of them which would save doctors around 10k per workstation.

In the business world iPads and other tablets already have VNC clients which is pretty big. Their off course is no office suite really available on iOS at the moment but in due time I see either openoffice or MS entering the tablet world. As I think I already stated around 65% of Fortune 100 company's have either deployed or piloted the iPad in their companies.

If you guys have not been paying attention to education news, iPad is supposed to be replacing textbooks in certain elementary schools.

Like I stated earlier tablets just need more software to to become better alternatives to things in our life. I dont think tablets will replace Laptops or even Desktops but I do think we will see Tablets either replacing normal business workstations or company laptops for certain positions. At home for most people I would think it would be a cheap alternative for family's for computers for kids instead of buying a desktop for a young child a tablet would probably be better suited for them.

The adoption rate is only possible because the ipad is the first portable widely available device in the market. What makes the ipad better than say the xoom or the upcoming galaxy tab or even the kindle? Does the average ipad consumer use the ipad as a productivity device? And plus those apps u speak of, thin desktop clients etc arent cheap. For 500 plus dollars u can get full desktop computer, faster and more practical than an ipad. A tablet is not a device used to replace the full desktop experience, it us meant to compliment it. You will be nuts to buy a kid an ipad than a full computer. You can write emails on an ipad but are you going to even attempt to write a short essay paper on an ipad? If schools want ipads to replace textbooks and only for textbooks, why not just get a nook or kindle. It cost less than half the price of ipad and is superior to the ipad as an ereader. I am typing all of this on my ipad as we speak and just because you or I like it doesnt mean it doesnt have flaws. I dont understand that logic that just because it is capable of doing something productive for professionals apply to the average folks. It is like buying a kid a super computer to write papers. The cost doesnt justify it. I only bought this 1g ipad because its cheap and for the price it is worth the purchase. I cannot see myself spending 500 for an ipad and if i do i will have a good reason for it, unlike the majority of the people.

How is garageband? I want to hear some real user opinions rather than an editorial.

Apple did a great job with GarageBand for the iPad. If you're used to it on your Macbook, it's really easy to get the hang of. The samples and sounds are great and very realistic. You have a good amount of options for changing up sounds and loops. It runs great on my iPad 1, no hiccups. I can only imagine how smooth it is on the iPad 2. Now, I'm nowhere close to being a producer, I just do this for fun when I'm bored. Here's a sample of what I made in about 30 minutes. Don't mind the rapping
laugh.gif
just to give you an idea of the program.

How is garageband? I want to hear some real user opinions rather than an editorial.

Apple did a great job with GarageBand for the iPad. If you're used to it on your Macbook, it's really easy to get the hang of. The samples and sounds are great and very realistic. You have a good amount of options for changing up sounds and loops. It runs great on my iPad 1, no hiccups. I can only imagine how smooth it is on the iPad 2. Now, I'm nowhere close to being a producer, I just do this for fun when I'm bored. Here's a sample of what I made in about 30 minutes. Don't mind the rapping
laugh.gif
just to give you an idea of the program.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 

Can you guys email each other? thanks.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 

Can you guys email each other? thanks.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 

I really wasnt talking about the iPad in general more of tablets pcs the iPad is really the only device to have a software library large enough to show these possibilities. We may just see a micro keyboard for a tablet in the near future It wouldnt be that big of a deal if their wear BT keyboards it would serve its purpose. As I said I don think Tablets will replace COMPUTERS but I do think we will see Tablets replace most computing tasks with a tablet. Most OS offer so much more than a user is going to need on a day to day basis and the tablet os out right now are so simplified that doing the basic tasks you want to do is easy and enjoyable. If you are really only going to use your computer for going on the internet, listening to music/watching videos, and other simple tools why not doing it on a tablet?

The software library for these tablets are just so limited right now but things are changing most sites are trying to be at least mobile optimized and the app industry continuing to boom. Its just going to take some time and some very skilled developers to make this revolution occur.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i know nothing? 

I really wasnt talking about the iPad in general more of tablets pcs the iPad is really the only device to have a software library large enough to show these possibilities. We may just see a micro keyboard for a tablet in the near future It wouldnt be that big of a deal if their wear BT keyboards it would serve its purpose. As I said I don think Tablets will replace COMPUTERS but I do think we will see Tablets replace most computing tasks with a tablet. Most OS offer so much more than a user is going to need on a day to day basis and the tablet os out right now are so simplified that doing the basic tasks you want to do is easy and enjoyable. If you are really only going to use your computer for going on the internet, listening to music/watching videos, and other simple tools why not doing it on a tablet?

The software library for these tablets are just so limited right now but things are changing most sites are trying to be at least mobile optimized and the app industry continuing to boom. Its just going to take some time and some very skilled developers to make this revolution occur.

Guys download this app called APPSTART, It's free til monday. It's a ipad 2 special. It basically navigates you to all the best apps for the ipad. You're welcome

Guys download this app called APPSTART, It's free til monday. It's a ipad 2 special. It basically navigates you to all the best apps for the ipad. You're welcome

Back
Top Bottom