Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by MrPolow23

Why 5 p.m?!
My guess is Apple wants lines considering the line-less release for the Verizon iPhone 4.  A 5 p.m. drop time allows people to go right to the store right after work and cop.

Why 5 p.m?!
My guess is Apple wants lines considering the line-less release for the Verizon iPhone 4.  A 5 p.m. drop time allows people to go right to the store right after work and cop.

Am copping a black 16gb wifi only version next week from the apple store online

Do you think they will still be in stock by than ?

Am copping a black 16gb wifi only version next week from the apple store online

Do you think they will still be in stock by than ?

Originally Posted by mjm2zk

Hoping that the Best Buy in Dayton, OH isnt crazy. Dont want to stand in line for hours!

Just meet me at the apple store at Easton lol

Originally Posted by mjm2zk

Hoping that the Best Buy in Dayton, OH isnt crazy. Dont want to stand in line for hours!

Just meet me at the apple store at Easton lol

Food for thought who ever is buying the ipad 3g version

Verizon 3g speeds is slow as hell and their data plans suck for the price. 1Gb for $20, when att offers 2gb for $25 and have faster data speeds.
Verizon coverge may be better in certain locations but all around they are known for having slow data speeds.

Food for thought who ever is buying the ipad 3g version

Verizon 3g speeds is slow as hell and their data plans suck for the price. 1Gb for $20, when att offers 2gb for $25 and have faster data speeds.
Verizon coverge may be better in certain locations but all around they are known for having slow data speeds.

yall way overhyping this device.

aint gone be no lines. how apple gonna release at 5pm on a friday like people dont work tomorrow? smh.

aint gone be no lines. how apple gonna release at 5pm on a friday like people dont work tomorrow? smh.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Why 5 p.m?!
Pretty much. The whole no pre ordering is just to get a line but I think the 5 p.m. thing is a good thing better than a bad thing. iPhone 4 launch the lines were soo long and took forever that people either had to leave the lines to go to work or just miss work all together. So this is better for most people to have the release later in the day so you dont have to miss work because if the demand is high like the last iphone it could take a while for each purchase. Apple store workers are slow as dirt.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Why 5 p.m?!
Pretty much. The whole no pre ordering is just to get a line but I think the 5 p.m. thing is a good thing better than a bad thing. iPhone 4 launch the lines were soo long and took forever that people either had to leave the lines to go to work or just miss work all together. So this is better for most people to have the release later in the day so you dont have to miss work because if the demand is high like the last iphone it could take a while for each purchase. Apple store workers are slow as dirt.

So then....where would be the best place to get this in NYC? How are the online releases usually?

My mother wants this dang device, I am really not in the mood to wait forever lol.

So then....where would be the best place to get this in NYC? How are the online releases usually?

My mother wants this dang device, I am really not in the mood to wait forever lol.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

That was the point for the 5pm release so people can get off work and cop and not have to call off and cats hype shoes why wouldn't they hype a idevice?

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

That was the point for the 5pm release so people can get off work and cop and not have to call off and cats hype shoes why wouldn't they hype a idevice?

To all of you worrying about the color of this things, you guys don't plan on throwing it into a case, therefore making the choice nonexistent ?

To all of you worrying about the color of this things, you guys don't plan on throwing it into a case, therefore making the choice nonexistent ?

I would stay away from the Apple Stores in Manhattan.

Any of the other non-Apple stores should be good money and a fairly easy in-and-out. Call around early though to verify quantities and you should be good.

I would stay away from the Apple Stores in Manhattan.

Any of the other non-Apple stores should be good money and a fairly easy in-and-out. Call around early though to verify quantities and you should be good.

Back
Top Bottom