Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by jroc3821

ipad 2= no real enhancements from ipad 1...i guarantee youll see something much better w/i a yr ijs

You dont think a twice as powerful processor and 9x stronger gpu is no enhancement? Obviously OS wise the enhancements are really there but we should wait for iOS 5 for that. HW improvement will make better apps possible.

ipad 2= no real enhancements from ipad 1...i guarantee youll see something much better w/i a yr ijs

You dont think a twice as powerful processor and 9x stronger gpu is no enhancement? Obviously OS wise the enhancements are really there but we should wait for iOS 5 for that. HW improvement will make better apps possible.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by Zyzz

have the prices on the old ipads dropped yet?

Yeah. 16 GB refurb is $349

you think prices will hit $300 on ebay for a used one?
i see those type of prices on CL. Damn sho coppin one
pimp.gif

doesnt sound like what an apple fanboy would say

doesnt sound like what an apple fanboy would say

There's a reason why all of the current owners are dumping their older iPads.

A faster processor and face time is what was lacking. Obvious a dedicated file system would have been nice too.

A faster processor and face time is what was lacking. Obvious a dedicated file system would have been nice too.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Realistcally there is only 100 dollars difference from the new iPad and the old iPad brand new so for 100 dollars difference brand new you get 2x faster cpu, double the ram, 9x stronger gpu, gyrosopic handling, and 2 cameras.

Realistcally there is only 100 dollars difference from the new iPad and the old iPad brand new so for 100 dollars difference brand new you get 2x faster cpu, double the ram, 9x stronger gpu, gyrosopic handling, and 2 cameras.

yeah the facetime looks cool.. the faster processor and stuff is over a lot people heads.. most just want the new apple product.. lmao i need to get rid of my jailbroken 16gb wifi..

yeah the facetime looks cool.. the faster processor and stuff is over a lot people heads.. most just want the new apple product.. lmao i need to get rid of my jailbroken 16gb wifi..

article_label_fileunder.gif
Home Entertainment, Tablet PCs, HD Industry
[h4]Hulu Plus on TiVo apparently being tested, live streaming to iPad apparently being considered[/h4]
By Darren Murph posted Mar 9th 2011 8:51AM

So, an update. Er, a refresher if you will. Back in September of last year, TiVo announced that ingrained Hulu Plus access would be coming to its DVRs "in the coming months," but we've heard precisely nothing on the matter ever since. Enter the present. We've got a tipster who owns a TiVo Premiere and was just invited to join a Field Trial to "test Hulu Plus on TiVo," and he's also receiving codes to receive a free month of service. It's hard to say what kind of gap we're looking at between the testing period and the go-live period, but at least we've got a little assurance that no one simply forgot about their promise. In related news, other tipsters are starting to receive some fairly interesting surveys from TiVo itself, with a few questions in particular asking consumers how they'd feel about the option to "stream live TV, DVR recordings and TV shows from a cable company's On Demand library to one's iPad." This seemingly includes in-home and remote streaming, and we have to say -- streaming to the tablet just might be the magic feature that finally gets TiVo out of the hurt locker. Probably not, but are you really going to judge us for being blindly optimistic?
Also...

Software
[h4][/h4]
[h4]VMware View brings virtual desktops to iPad with touchscreen-friendly controls (video)[/h4]
By Sean Hollister posted Mar 9th 2011 8:00AM

post_icon_pr.gif

post_icon_video.gif

3-8-11-vmware-view-video-ipad.jpg

Remote controlling your personal desktop from an iPad is one thing, but today VMware is offering something a little heftier -- a streamlined app to connect to enterprise-class virtual desktops. Like Citrix Receiver, the idea is that you'll get the iPad client for free, and hopefully pay to have the cloud computers served up, but instead of streamlining applications for tablet use, VMware's app hands you customizable PC-like controls. There's a handy-looking virtual touchpad you can use for fine control over the mouse cursor if your fingers prove too pointy, a set of Windows shortcut keys at the top of the virtual keyboard, multi-finger gestures and more -- but why not just watch the video after the break to see what's in store?

Home Entertainment, Tablet PCs, HD Industry
[h4]Hulu Plus on TiVo apparently being tested, live streaming to iPad apparently being considered[/h4]
By Darren Murph posted Mar 9th 2011 8:51AM

So, an update. Er, a refresher if you will. Back in September of last year, TiVo announced that ingrained Hulu Plus access would be coming to its DVRs "in the coming months," but we've heard precisely nothing on the matter ever since. Enter the present. We've got a tipster who owns a TiVo Premiere and was just invited to join a Field Trial to "test Hulu Plus on TiVo," and he's also receiving codes to receive a free month of service. It's hard to say what kind of gap we're looking at between the testing period and the go-live period, but at least we've got a little assurance that no one simply forgot about their promise. In related news, other tipsters are starting to receive some fairly interesting surveys from TiVo itself, with a few questions in particular asking consumers how they'd feel about the option to "stream live TV, DVR recordings and TV shows from a cable company's On Demand library to one's iPad." This seemingly includes in-home and remote streaming, and we have to say -- streaming to the tablet just might be the magic feature that finally gets TiVo out of the hurt locker. Probably not, but are you really going to judge us for being blindly optimistic?
Also...

Software
[h4][/h4]
[h4]VMware View brings virtual desktops to iPad with touchscreen-friendly controls (video)[/h4]
By Sean Hollister posted Mar 9th 2011 8:00AM

post_icon_pr.gif

post_icon_video.gif

3-8-11-vmware-view-video-ipad.jpg

Remote controlling your personal desktop from an iPad is one thing, but today VMware is offering something a little heftier -- a streamlined app to connect to enterprise-class virtual desktops. Like Citrix Receiver, the idea is that you'll get the iPad client for free, and hopefully pay to have the cloud computers served up, but instead of streamlining applications for tablet use, VMware's app hands you customizable PC-like controls. There's a handy-looking virtual touchpad you can use for fine control over the mouse cursor if your fingers prove too pointy, a set of Windows shortcut keys at the top of the virtual keyboard, multi-finger gestures and more -- but why not just watch the video after the break to see what's in store?

2 days left..... For a second I was debating whether I would go with the 64gig wifi or a 32gig 3g. I think I'm going to with the 3g. I went to an apple store the other day and this guy convinced that the iTunes home sharing wouldn't be on there (making both of us look like idiots since I actually watched the press conference and saw them announce it).

Really excited about this pick up. Haven't really decided whether or not I'm going to jailbreak it yet, but I did already download about 600 books for this thing. Not to mention the massive comic collection I already have on my PC.

Anyone know any good CBR apps

2 days left..... For a second I was debating whether I would go with the 64gig wifi or a 32gig 3g. I think I'm going to with the 3g. I went to an apple store the other day and this guy convinced that the iTunes home sharing wouldn't be on there (making both of us look like idiots since I actually watched the press conference and saw them announce it).

Really excited about this pick up. Haven't really decided whether or not I'm going to jailbreak it yet, but I did already download about 600 books for this thing. Not to mention the massive comic collection I already have on my PC.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I personally like iBook for my ePub files dunno if if comics are in a different format but iBook is pretty well done for regular books. I know the big Comic book companys have their own apps they use to distribute and read. Here is a thread that breakdowns 3 big third party comic book readers and others opinions on other ones.

http://forum.tipb.com/ipa...ok-reader-smackdown.html

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I personally like iBook for my ePub files dunno if if comics are in a different format but iBook is pretty well done for regular books. I know the big Comic book companys have their own apps they use to distribute and read. Here is a thread that breakdowns 3 big third party comic book readers and others opinions on other ones.

http://forum.tipb.com/ipa...ok-reader-smackdown.html

^ Appreciate it my brother.... Will come back to that thread on Friday if I'm fortunate enough to actually cop one on the first day.... I really gotta see what these allocations is looking like. I am not about that waiting in line life AT ALL....

My only other big issue is the current cases that are available. I have literally been looking all week and i have yet to find a case that I really like. When i picked up the first generation iPad this was a major issue for me because I always felt I needed to "baby" it. That was a definitely a motivating factor me selling it almost a week later. I know that these things are built tough but I would like to find a nice heavy duty case that gives me that extra reassurance.

If any of u have any case suggestion please pass them my way. That Apple smart cover joint seems whack. WILL NOT COP

Back
Top Bottom