Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Still on the fence if I should just get an iPad 2 wifi or just invest in an iPodTouch 64gb.

Still on the fence if I should just get an iPad 2 wifi or just invest in an iPodTouch 64gb.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

What do you need it for? If you want something super portable get an ipod touch. If you want something for like vacations or chilling at home get an ipad.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

What do you need it for? If you want something super portable get an ipod touch. If you want something for like vacations or chilling at home get an ipad.

Its pretty much just going to be a toy for me, since I have a portable 13" ASUS laptop that I carry around for work, and I currently use an iPod 64gb classic for my music when I commute to work.

I just wouldn't want to have to carry an iPod classic, iPad Touch, and 13" laptop with me to work. I just wanted to have a device with apps/netflix/music/etc since I use my Touch Pro 2 as my phone (Sprint SERO).

I know my reasons lean more towards a iPod, but in a perfect world I'd own both for no reason.
laugh.gif

Its pretty much just going to be a toy for me, since I have a portable 13" ASUS laptop that I carry around for work, and I currently use an iPod 64gb classic for my music when I commute to work.

I just wouldn't want to have to carry an iPod classic, iPad Touch, and 13" laptop with me to work. I just wanted to have a device with apps/netflix/music/etc since I use my Touch Pro 2 as my phone (Sprint SERO).

I know my reasons lean more towards a iPod, but in a perfect world I'd own both for no reason.
laugh.gif

My justification for iPad2 is that I don't want to carry my Macbook every where because it weighs down my briefcase and is more obtrusive than I need on the go. The only functionalities I'd be losing by not having my MB with me is that I won't have Photoshop and MS Office at my disposal, but chances are if I'm trying to get on the web and kill time at work or at a coffee shop, I won't need to use those programs. Also, I'll be using the iPad2 to hold me over until the MB line gets a large enough upgrade to convince me to upgrade from my unibody.

My justification for iPad2 is that I don't want to carry my Macbook every where because it weighs down my briefcase and is more obtrusive than I need on the go. The only functionalities I'd be losing by not having my MB with me is that I won't have Photoshop and MS Office at my disposal, but chances are if I'm trying to get on the web and kill time at work or at a coffee shop, I won't need to use those programs. Also, I'll be using the iPad2 to hold me over until the MB line gets a large enough upgrade to convince me to upgrade from my unibody.

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Will Best Buy have them first day. I want to get reward zone points out of the purchase.

mine is selling them after 5pm on Friday. we got a mini "Apple store" in ours with an official Apple rep there Monday - Saturdays
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Will Best Buy have them first day. I want to get reward zone points out of the purchase.

mine is selling them after 5pm on Friday. we got a mini "Apple store" in ours with an official Apple rep there Monday - Saturdays
smokin.gif

Heads up for everyone, check your ebay account (go to my ebay) or just login and go to an item for a 10% off electronics coupon. Works on auctions and buy it now. I was gonna get an ipad 2 but just snagged a 32gb wifi 1st gen that was used for three months with case for $375 shipped after coupon. Too much of a savings, and I don't need facetime on ipad cuz i got iphone 4. Comparing prices, a 32gb ipad 2 would have cost me 600+ tax ~50 + case ~25 = $675

Heads up for everyone, check your ebay account (go to my ebay) or just login and go to an item for a 10% off electronics coupon. Works on auctions and buy it now. I was gonna get an ipad 2 but just snagged a 32gb wifi 1st gen that was used for three months with case for $375 shipped after coupon. Too much of a savings, and I don't need facetime on ipad cuz i got iphone 4. Comparing prices, a 32gb ipad 2 would have cost me 600+ tax ~50 + case ~25 = $675

Anyone please can give me tips for going to store on march 11 to cop ipad 2, what time? and where in NYC stores is best for me to go to get ipad2

thanks!
wink.gif

Anyone please can give me tips for going to store on march 11 to cop ipad 2, what time? and where in NYC stores is best for me to go to get ipad2

thanks!
wink.gif

Not sure about the location, but you want to get there at least 1.5 hours before 5pm. Usually, the 16GB go the quickest, so if you scheming on one of those, go a little earlier.

Best of luck.
smile.gif

Not sure about the location, but you want to get there at least 1.5 hours before 5pm. Usually, the 16GB go the quickest, so if you scheming on one of those, go a little earlier.

Best of luck.
smile.gif

ok thanks! im thinking to get for 32GB so it should be fine if im there with 1.5-2 hours?

thanks for help again!

ok thanks! im thinking to get for 32GB so it should be fine if im there with 1.5-2 hours?

thanks for help again!

Yea you should definitely be fine, but if you're going to a NYC Apple Store, there's a good chance you'll have to worry about tourists and NYC residents lining up early.

Two hours is a good barometer, unless you hear news of a serious lineup earlier than that.

Yea you should definitely be fine, but if you're going to a NYC Apple Store, there's a good chance you'll have to worry about tourists and NYC residents lining up early.

Two hours is a good barometer, unless you hear news of a serious lineup earlier than that.

noob question but iPad can view powerpoint slides, right? and edit em? what about word and pdf files? wanna use this as a note taker instead of hauling my laptop to class

Back
Top Bottom