Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

And since fanboys want to get techincal many people believe the iPad GPU will be the PowerVR SGX543MP which is also supposed to be on the NGP.

You may have heard of the PowerVR SGX543MP -- you know, the GPU behind Sony's NGP and possibly on its way to the iPad 2 and iPhone 5 -- but chances are, you've yet to see it working up close. Well, feast your graphics-hungry eyes on this: that's Futuremark's Tai Chi benchmark running on a tellingly sheathed device, working the MP2 (dual-core) iteration of the processor, and that fine smartphone to its right is the Nexus S, sporting the PowerVR SGX540 you've come to know and love. As you can tell, Imagination Technologies' promises of 4X the performance aren't just baseless boasts -- the lady on the left moves with grace and fluidity, while her counterpart on the right is all sorts of herky-jerky. Think that's fast? Check out what the GPU can do with two more cores.

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

RAM will matter when they are getting apps that require more RAM to run smoothly like GarageBand.

The iPad 2 will have enough ram to run GarageBand and iMovie.. A retina display that big would have a huge toll on battery life. For those who say the IPad can't replace a computer you are wrong for the most part. With wifi iTunes syncing I don't have the need to touch the MacBook.. I've written some of my dissertation, taking notes, did power points, blog, downloaded music and movies(not through iTunes either), write basic HTML code etc..
curious.. Does anybody have the xoom, touchpad, playbook, or any other tablet?

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

I just don't see it as a computer replacement for me because all I basically use my home computer for is downloading music and movies.  I only plan on buying a 16gb ipad and keep most everything on my home computer. But great to hear you find it so functional

RAM will matter when they are getting apps that require more RAM to run smoothly like GarageBand.

The iPad 2 will have enough ram to run GarageBand and iMovie.. A retina display that big would have a huge toll on battery life. For those who say the IPad can't replace a computer you are wrong for the most part. With wifi iTunes syncing I don't have the need to touch the MacBook.. I've written some of my dissertation, taking notes, did power points, blog, downloaded music and movies(not through iTunes either), write basic HTML code etc..

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

I just don't see it as a computer replacement for me because all I basically use my home computer for is downloading music and movies.  I only plan on buying a 16gb ipad and keep most everything on my home computer. But great to hear you find it so functional

Big companies are already supporting Android.
You act like there's no games from EA on Android or no apps from Microsoft.

O'rly? According the the Android Marketplace the only EA games are the following Bejewled 2, Need For Speed Shift, Sims 3, Tetris, Worms, Fifa 10, and Madden 10 & 11. Most of those titles are old as dirt. iOS has all of those games right now AND NBA Jam, Fight Night Champion, EA MMA, Deadspace, Battlefield Bad Company, Ultimate Mortal Kombat and a slew of others to round up to around 90 iPhone/iPod games and around 20 iPad optimized games. Now compare that to the 7 apps that are mostly old that the Android has and you see the problem.

Big companies are already supporting Android.
You act like there's no games from EA on Android or no apps from Microsoft.

O'rly? According the the Android Marketplace the only EA games are the following Bejewled 2, Need For Speed Shift, Sims 3, Tetris, Worms, Fifa 10, and Madden 10 & 11. Most of those titles are old as dirt. iOS has all of those games right now AND NBA Jam, Fight Night Champion, EA MMA, Deadspace, Battlefield Bad Company, Ultimate Mortal Kombat and a slew of others to round up to around 90 iPhone/iPod games and around 20 iPad optimized games. Now compare that to the 7 apps that are mostly old that the Android has and you see the problem.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

You can remotely download things from iOS to your phone depending on what type of file sharing service you use. I primarly use Usenet and I am able to que downloads from the app myNZB and it will download through to my sabNZBd server that is on my PC. If you use torrents Demonoid has its own iOS app which I believe pushes them to uTorrent.

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

You can remotely download things from iOS to your phone depending on what type of file sharing service you use. I primarly use Usenet and I am able to que downloads from the app myNZB and it will download through to my sabNZBd server that is on my PC. If you use torrents Demonoid has its own iOS app which I believe pushes them to uTorrent.

1. people act like a jailbroken iPad 2 can't run Honeycomb
roll.gif

2. a $499 device with 2 cams, dual-core processor, & Honeycomb >>> $799 Motorola Xoom

3. If you look at the pricing of the models, 5 of the 6 iPad 2s are all priced BELOW the Xoom. To penetrate the market, its ALL about price point and having yours meet or set BELOW the dominant company's. Until somebody makes an iPad competitor running Android at $499 with an AGGRESSIVE marketing campaign, you will NOT knock the iPad off the top spot. 

Don't believe me, ask Nokia's CEO Stephen Elop about the iPhone:

Of the iPhone's entry into the market, he wrote:

In 2008, Apple's market share in the $300+ price range was 25 percent; by 2010 it escalated to 61 percent. They are enjoying a tremendous growth trajectory with a 78 percent earnings growth year over year in Q4 2010. Apple demonstrated that if designed well, consumers would buy a high-priced phone with a great experience and developers would build applications. They changed the game, and today, Apple owns the high-end range.

source: http://www.macrumors.com/...-their-burning-platform/

1. people act like a jailbroken iPad 2 can't run Honeycomb
roll.gif

2. a $499 device with 2 cams, dual-core processor, & Honeycomb >>> $799 Motorola Xoom

3. If you look at the pricing of the models, 5 of the 6 iPad 2s are all priced BELOW the Xoom. To penetrate the market, its ALL about price point and having yours meet or set BELOW the dominant company's. Until somebody makes an iPad competitor running Android at $499 with an AGGRESSIVE marketing campaign, you will NOT knock the iPad off the top spot. 

Don't believe me, ask Nokia's CEO Stephen Elop about the iPhone:

Of the iPhone's entry into the market, he wrote:

In 2008, Apple's market share in the $300+ price range was 25 percent; by 2010 it escalated to 61 percent. They are enjoying a tremendous growth trajectory with a 78 percent earnings growth year over year in Q4 2010. Apple demonstrated that if designed well, consumers would buy a high-priced phone with a great experience and developers would build applications. They changed the game, and today, Apple owns the high-end range.

source: http://www.macrumors.com/...-their-burning-platform/

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

yeah and if you really want to have fun.. Jailbreak it.. I noticed it with the iPhone that it is easily the best device out when you have such a crowd supporting it.. Netflix and Huluplus are cool.. www.filmon.com <= allows you to watch basic cable tv from the iPad although it is California tv.. It works well for me since I'm in NY.. You can download song straight off safari using safari download manager, dtunes(which is like a limewire) Yourtube (download YouTube videos) .. PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPad.

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

yeah and if you really want to have fun.. Jailbreak it.. I noticed it with the iPhone that it is easily the best device out when you have such a crowd supporting it.. Netflix and Huluplus are cool.. www.filmon.com <= allows you to watch basic cable tv from the iPad although it is California tv.. It works well for me since I'm in NY.. You can download song straight off safari using safari download manager, dtunes(which is like a limewire) Yourtube (download YouTube videos) .. PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPad.

This dudes is a straight Android fanboy and a apple basher 
In all your post all you do is bash every apple device... in the iphone thread and now in the ipad thread 

SMH 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't care what anyone say the iphone/ipad will be copped over any android cellpone/tablet anyday why ?

Because of the crap load of Apps that they have and support period 

When the android devices start getting more apps and support i will look into them but until then apple > 

In all your post all you do is bash every apple device... in the iphone thread and now in the ipad thread 

SMH 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't care what anyone say the iphone/ipad will be copped over any android cellpone/tablet anyday why ?

When the android devices start getting more apps and support i will look into them but until then apple > 

I ended up selling my iPad yesterday on Craigslist so I'm all set to cop a 16GB WIFI next Friday.  Now to decide where I'm coppin it from either Best Buy or Apple.  I also decided to switch over to the $45 plan with AT&T so I can tether with new iOS 4.3.

I ended up selling my iPad yesterday on Craigslist so I'm all set to cop a 16GB WIFI next Friday.  Now to decide where I'm coppin it from either Best Buy or Apple.  I also decided to switch over to the $45 plan with AT&T so I can tether with new iOS 4.3.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

TBH if there is no way to online preorder it you should just forget about trying to get it on launch. I did an instore preorder pickup rather than online preorder ship to my house and i was in like for literally 7 hours and that was in the preorder line there was also a no pre order line. There will probably be enough supply to match the demand but Apple store employees are EXTREMLY lax when it comes to selling stuff. If you are thinking about getting it on launch you may need to dedicate your whole day to it.

TBH if there is no way to online preorder it you should just forget about trying to get it on launch. I did an instore preorder pickup rather than online preorder ship to my house and i was in like for literally 7 hours and that was in the preorder line there was also a no pre order line. There will probably be enough supply to match the demand but Apple store employees are EXTREMLY lax when it comes to selling stuff. If you are thinking about getting it on launch you may need to dedicate your whole day to it.

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

Sent from my iPad.
My iphone 3gs is jailbroken and it was the greatest move iv ever made.  Free apps alone is worth it better yet all the customization benefits.  Ive used dtunes on my phone as well as yourtube but with the HDMI out  i might just use your advice to watch tv on the new ipad. 

No beef alchemist to each his own as we all know.  It really is all subjective. 

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

Sent from my iPad.
My iphone 3gs is jailbroken and it was the greatest move iv ever made.  Free apps alone is worth it better yet all the customization benefits.  Ive used dtunes on my phone as well as yourtube but with the HDMI out  i might just use your advice to watch tv on the new ipad. 

No beef alchemist to each his own as we all know.  It really is all subjective. 

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

That's why we have options this year.  There's Walmart, Best Buy, & Sam's Club and I'm sure as the launch gets closer the list will grow for retailers.  Every area is different.  What works for  your area may not work for mine.  Worse case scenario is I go back Saturday and cop one. 

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

SMH 
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
$@#% are you talking about? When the $@#% did I ever bash the iPhone? When the $@#% did you ever see me posting "iPhone sucks" or "$@#% iPhone"??? $@#% outta here with that $@%+%%%#.
laugh.gif

If you know me like you think you do, you'd know that I own a Mac and my OS and make of choice is Symbian and Nokia.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

SMH 
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif
$@#% are you talking about? When the $@#% did I ever bash the iPhone? When the $@#% did you ever see me posting "iPhone sucks" or "$@#% iPhone"??? $@#% outta here with that $@%+%%%#.
laugh.gif

If you know me like you think you do, you'd know that I own a Mac and my OS and make of choice is Symbian and Nokia.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

That's why we have options this year.  There's Walmart, Best Buy, & Sam's Club and I'm sure as the launch gets closer the list will grow for retailers.  Every area is different.  What works for  your area may not work for mine.  Worse case scenario is I go back Saturday and cop one. 

Back
Top Bottom