Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Which model is everyone getting?

I'm aiming for the black 16GB 3G. Would like white, but would have to see it in person first.

Which model is everyone getting?

I'm aiming for the black 16GB 3G. Would like white, but would have to see it in person first.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

RAM will matter when they are getting apps that require more RAM to run smoothly like GarageBand.

The iPad 2 will have enough ram to run GarageBand and iMovie.. A retina display that big would have a huge toll on battery life. For those who say the IPad can't replace a computer you are wrong for the most part. With wifi iTunes syncing I don't have the need to touch the MacBook.. I've written some of my dissertation, taking notes, did power points, blog, downloaded music and movies(not through iTunes either), write basic HTML code etc..
curious.. Does anybody have the xoom, touchpad, playbook, or any other tablet?

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

I just don't see it as a computer replacement for me because all I basically use my home computer for is downloading music and movies.  I only plan on buying a 16gb ipad and keep most everything on my home computer. But great to hear you find it so functional

See...this is all I want as well.  I always carry my laptop to work to watch movies and go on the net, so I just want something reliable that's smaller.  A little bit of style doesn't hurt neither, so I was thinking about just settling for the 16 gb black one.  I am still abit curious about the Xoom, but the pricetag is the only reason I'm leaning towards the iPad2 for now though since I don't know when a WiFi only version will be available.  Does the Xoom even have a thread anywhere? 

RAM will matter when they are getting apps that require more RAM to run smoothly like GarageBand.

The iPad 2 will have enough ram to run GarageBand and iMovie.. A retina display that big would have a huge toll on battery life. For those who say the IPad can't replace a computer you are wrong for the most part. With wifi iTunes syncing I don't have the need to touch the MacBook.. I've written some of my dissertation, taking notes, did power points, blog, downloaded music and movies(not through iTunes either), write basic HTML code etc..

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

I just don't see it as a computer replacement for me because all I basically use my home computer for is downloading music and movies.  I only plan on buying a 16gb ipad and keep most everything on my home computer. But great to hear you find it so functional

See...this is all I want as well.  I always carry my laptop to work to watch movies and go on the net, so I just want something reliable that's smaller.  A little bit of style doesn't hurt neither, so I was thinking about just settling for the 16 gb black one.  I am still abit curious about the Xoom, but the pricetag is the only reason I'm leaning towards the iPad2 for now though since I don't know when a WiFi only version will be available.  Does the Xoom even have a thread anywhere? 

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

Honestly I dont think anyone in the Android thread has actually bought one, I kow AlchemistIQ has played with one. If you care about watching movies and are looking for an entertainment device you cant go wrong with the iPad. Xoom doesnt have Flash yet and we wont be seeing Netflix or Hulu on Android officially for a while I'd say. If you have Comcast they have an app that can access the VOD library which is coming to Android but no one knows exactly when.

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

Honestly I dont think anyone in the Android thread has actually bought one, I kow AlchemistIQ has played with one. If you care about watching movies and are looking for an entertainment device you cant go wrong with the iPad. Xoom doesnt have Flash yet and we wont be seeing Netflix or Hulu on Android officially for a while I'd say. If you have Comcast they have an app that can access the VOD library which is coming to Android but no one knows exactly when.

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

I made a thread about it on the release day but it died off quick 
laugh.gif

No one is really interested in it ... atleast until the Wifi version drops and the price drops

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

laugh.gif

No one is really interested in it ... atleast until the Wifi version drops and the price drops

I'm not for either side, but I find it ironic that Apple does this.

They claim the iPad to be a Post-PC device, but the first thing you have to do before you can use it is connect it to a PC w/ iTunes.

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

The iPad is hella cool, but don't go throwing "post-PC" around when you can't even use the device without a PC.

They claim the iPad to be a Post-PC device, but the first thing you have to do before you can use it is connect it to a PC w/ iTunes.

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

The iPad is hella cool, but don't go throwing "post-PC" around when you can't even use the device without a PC.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

laugh.gif

yeah, the no wi-fi only version and price are the two main reasons I'm not posting this reply on one right now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Good to know usain, I don't even really watch Hulu or have Comcast, but yeah, I just want a simple entertainment device for boring days at work and/or travel and the iPad2 seems to fill that void quite well, plus I think the price is pretty fair.  Looks like 16 GB wifi it is then
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Sent from my iPad.
This is good to hear.

laugh.gif

yeah, the no wi-fi only version and price are the two main reasons I'm not posting this reply on one right now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Good to know usain, I don't even really watch Hulu or have Comcast, but yeah, I just want a simple entertainment device for boring days at work and/or travel and the iPad2 seems to fill that void quite well, plus I think the price is pretty fair.  Looks like 16 GB wifi it is then
happy.gif

How many hours in advance do you think people are gonna have to line up for this? I'm trying to get 16gb White Wifi, not sure if I wanna line up though.

How many hours in advance do you think people are gonna have to line up for this? I'm trying to get 16gb White Wifi, not sure if I wanna line up though.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Honestly no clue but I know it will be a long wait. There will be enough supply I bet to get everyone that wants one but the time in line is going to be a killer. You should wait out for the online release they usually have a good amount allocated so as long as you can purchase within the first few hours online you should be good.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Honestly no clue but I know it will be a long wait. There will be enough supply I bet to get everyone that wants one but the time in line is going to be a killer. You should wait out for the online release they usually have a good amount allocated so as long as you can purchase within the first few hours online you should be good.

Honestly, with talks of BB, Target, Wally World, and Sam's getting this, you should be good going a few hours before.

Last year for the release of the 3G iPad, I got there an hour before 10am. Stupid on my part since they weren't selling until 5pm. The line started to get long around 130. That should give you a good indication. But there was a shortage of iPads when it first dropped.

Best to just call around and ask about allocation and decide from there.

Honestly, with talks of BB, Target, Wally World, and Sam's getting this, you should be good going a few hours before.

Last year for the release of the 3G iPad, I got there an hour before 10am. Stupid on my part since they weren't selling until 5pm. The line started to get long around 130. That should give you a good indication. But there was a shortage of iPads when it first dropped.

Best to just call around and ask about allocation and decide from there.

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

Point me to wear Apple said that please. FYI, all tablets have to be connected to a computer to get your music/photo libraries on them

Back
Top Bottom