Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

I'm not for either side, but I find it ironic that Apple does this.

They claim the iPad to be a Post-PC device, but the first thing you have to do before you can use it is connect it to a PC w/ iTunes.

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

The iPad is hella cool, but don't go throwing "post-PC" around when you can't even use the device without a PC.
Point me to wear Apple said that please. FYI, all tablets have to be connected to a computer to get your music/photo libraries on them

Originally Posted by infam0usP

They claim the iPad to be a Post-PC device, but the first thing you have to do before you can use it is connect it to a PC w/ iTunes.

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

The iPad is hella cool, but don't go throwing "post-PC" around when you can't even use the device without a PC.
Point me to wear Apple said that please. FYI, all tablets have to be connected to a computer to get your music/photo libraries on them

I would post it better but I'm mobile:http://www.engadget.com/2...ld-were-all-just-living/

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

I would post it better but I'm mobile:http://www.engadget.com/2...ld-were-all-just-living/

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

I can see how somebody would misinterpret his "speech" here. What Jobs was trying to say is the days of the PC/desktop are over, which is true. Laptops account for over half of new computer purchases & its going to go nowhere but up. Also with MobileMe getting that massive overhaul (they built some huge new data center in NC for it) & [upcoming] cloud-based storage, who's to say the iPad 3 (or 4) can't come out of the box & just link wirelessly to your personal cloud of iTunes info/apps/music/movies/photos
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

C'mon
ohwell.gif
That's weak

I can see how somebody would misinterpret his "speech" here. What Jobs was trying to say is the days of the PC/desktop are over, which is true. Laptops account for over half of new computer purchases & its going to go nowhere but up. Also with MobileMe getting that massive overhaul (they built some huge new data center in NC for it) & [upcoming] cloud-based storage, who's to say the iPad 3 (or 4) can't come out of the box & just link wirelessly to your personal cloud of iTunes info/apps/music/movies/photos
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

64gig is $800 for the ipad2... ever used windows7?...

On Amazon is almost 1000 for the 32 gig version where are you seeing these prices?
ipad2 is $800... 64gig asus is $300 more, and you get a lot more for that $300

On Amazon is almost 1000 for the 32 gig version where are you seeing these prices?

This is my problem though.  I don't want to spend over $700 for a tablet.  It's still a tablet.  If I am going to spend $1,000 on a computer it will be just that....a computer.  I think apple did the smart thing keeping the price point lower.  Will be copping the White 16gb Wifi for $500

This is my problem though.  I don't want to spend over $700 for a tablet.  It's still a tablet.  If I am going to spend $1,000 on a computer it will be just that....a computer.  I think apple did the smart thing keeping the price point lower.  Will be copping the White 16gb Wifi for $500

I can buy a Macbook pro for that price though if I want a lot more. The whole point of a tablet is to be its own device not a reincarnation of something we already have. Windows is coming out with a more tablet friendly OS in the future Id wait rather than dropping massive bread on this.

Over 1k for a tablet?Is Windows 7 really even optimized for tablet use?& imfam0usp that cloud mobileme would be
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom