Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

the white one is pretty. i wish i could get one.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by CWrite78

http://gizmodo.com/#!5774768/does-the-ipad-2-really-only-have-256mb-of-ram

lol @ gizmodo. Were they even at the event
roll.gif
roll.gif

Real Racing 2 will be updated for new iPad

[h2]http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/03/firemint-announces-real-racing-2-hd-enhanced-graphics-for-ipad/[/h2]
[h2]Firemint announces Real Racing 2 HD, enhanced graphics for iPad 2[/h2]
by Chris Ward (RSS feed) on Mar 3rd, 2011

real.jpg

Expect to see a rash of new and/or improved games for the shiny new iPad 2 in the near future. One of the first publishers out of the gate is Firemint, announcing enhanced graphics for Real Racing 2 HD.

Firemint says that although it had no detailed advance knowledge of exactly what iPad 2 would bring, the actual announcement has turned out to suit what they've been developing very well, i.e., gyroscopic controls, faster graphics and a lighter form factor that will be easier on gamers' hands when holding the device.

"Real Racing 2 HD has been significantly enhanced beyond what could work on existing devices, and our efforts have definitely given us a head start on iPad 2," Firemint says. "All these attributes combined with our enhancements to Real Racing 2 HD will create the most precise and intuitive car racing experience on any device. The 1080p HDMI output also opens up some great possibilities." Sounds like those enhanced graphics are going to be really enhanced.

Come on now. That looks like a first generation PSP Game. Ipad is cool but it shouldn't exist. It doesn't do ANYTHING EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. The only people that are buying this are people that have money to burn and want the newest gadgets but don't do any research on the product their buying. See so many of these kids/adults and know some of them and their not even stupid people just extremely ignorant. 2nd childhood %+! n....

Can someone answer these questions:

What will the Ipad2 offer me that I can't get anywhere else? 

What does do the Ipad2 do better than it's competition?

Is the Ipad2 "The BEST" at anything it does?

Why are the system specs embarrassingly behind the times?

I have more power in my 5 year old laptop. Does the "cool factor" really make up for the ancient hardware?

You can quote me on this too. Solely a touchscreen as a controller will NEVER WORK. Viewing the Ipad2 as a gaming platform is completely out of the question. 

roll.gif
roll.gif

[h2]http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/03/firemint-announces-real-racing-2-hd-enhanced-graphics-for-ipad/[/h2]

real.jpg

Expect to see a rash of new and/or improved games for the shiny new iPad 2 in the near future. One of the first publishers out of the gate is Firemint, announcing enhanced graphics for Real Racing 2 HD.

Firemint says that although it had no detailed advance knowledge of exactly what iPad 2 would bring, the actual announcement has turned out to suit what they've been developing very well, i.e., gyroscopic controls, faster graphics and a lighter form factor that will be easier on gamers' hands when holding the device.

"Real Racing 2 HD has been significantly enhanced beyond what could work on existing devices, and our efforts have definitely given us a head start on iPad 2," Firemint says. "All these attributes combined with our enhancements to Real Racing 2 HD will create the most precise and intuitive car racing experience on any device. The 1080p HDMI output also opens up some great possibilities." Sounds like those enhanced graphics are going to be really enhanced.

Come on now. That looks like a first generation PSP Game. Ipad is cool but it shouldn't exist. It doesn't do ANYTHING EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. The only people that are buying this are people that have money to burn and want the newest gadgets but don't do any research on the product their buying. See so many of these kids/adults and know some of them and their not even stupid people just extremely ignorant. 2nd childhood %+! n....

I have more power in my 5 year old laptop. Does the "cool factor" really make up for the ancient hardware?

You can quote me on this too. Solely a touchscreen as a controller will NEVER WORK. Viewing the Ipad2 as a gaming platform is completely out of the question. 

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Caerus

So, without having this become a Fan boy battle, please let me know which one is better?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
Honestly, don't listen to anyone on here, go to Bestbuy or Apple store, play with both. 
Haven't seen this posted,

ipad_2_xoom_optimus-pad_galaxy-tab_touchpad_playbook_specs.jpg

Was wondering when someone was goin to post a chart like this.

I mean, I get that people just love Apple products but there is no way that I would ever purchase a .5 product and that's what this is techinically right? The next iPad will be called the iPad 4G, mark my words

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Caerus

So, without having this become a Fan boy battle, please let me know which one is better?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
Honestly, don't listen to anyone on here, go to Bestbuy or Apple store, play with both. 
Haven't seen this posted,

ipad_2_xoom_optimus-pad_galaxy-tab_touchpad_playbook_specs.jpg

Was wondering when someone was goin to post a chart like this.

I mean, I get that people just love Apple products but there is no way that I would ever purchase a .5 product and that's what this is techinically right? The next iPad will be called the iPad 4G, mark my words

Apple's A5 CPU in iPad 2 has 512MB of RAM, same as iPhone 4 - report
By Sam Oliver
Thursday, March 3, 2011 @ 08:15 AM
Text Size   
Though Apple has not officially disclosed how much RAM is found in the iPad 2, a Korean semiconductor analyst has claimed to know that the new A5 processor has 512MB of memory.

Responding to a query about the amount of RAM in the iPad 2, analyst Kakeun Lee claimed on Twitter (via Google Translate) that the new iPad will double the amount of RAM in last year's model. He also revealed that the new A5 processor features LPDDR2 memory, which is a speed boost from the LPDDR1 RAM in the first-generation iPad.

If true, the inclusion of 512MB of RAM confirms reports that the iPad 2 would pack the same amount of memory as the iPhone 4. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of Concord Securities also told AppleInsider that the RAM in the iPad 2 would run at a higher clock speed of 1,066MHz for greater memory bandwidth than the 800MHz memory in the iPhone 4.

Kuo also indicated back in January that the iPad 2 would have LPDDR2 RAM at a speed of 1,066MHz, corroborating Lee's more recent claims. Kuo said the memory would be supplied by both Samsung and Hynix.

512MB of RAM would be equal to the amount found in the iPhone 4, released last June. The amount of RAM supposedly in the new iPad is also half of the 1GB found in the Android-powered Motorola Xoom.

Apple prefers to avoid detailing technical specifications of its devices, instead focusing on features and usability. But the company did reveal on Wednesday that the new A5 processor is a custom-designed 1GHz dual-core chip with the same low power consumption as last year's A4.

The report also contradicts what a representative in London demoing the iPad 2 reportedly told Gizmodo: that the new iPad has the same 256MB of RAM as last year's model. However, the site was then told by another public relations person that they couldn't confirm how much RAM is in the new A5 processor.

Apple's A5 CPU in iPad 2 has 512MB of RAM, same as iPhone 4 - report
By Sam Oliver
Thursday, March 3, 2011 @ 08:15 AM
Text Size   
Though Apple has not officially disclosed how much RAM is found in the iPad 2, a Korean semiconductor analyst has claimed to know that the new A5 processor has 512MB of memory.

Responding to a query about the amount of RAM in the iPad 2, analyst Kakeun Lee claimed on Twitter (via Google Translate) that the new iPad will double the amount of RAM in last year's model. He also revealed that the new A5 processor features LPDDR2 memory, which is a speed boost from the LPDDR1 RAM in the first-generation iPad.

If true, the inclusion of 512MB of RAM confirms reports that the iPad 2 would pack the same amount of memory as the iPhone 4. Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of Concord Securities also told AppleInsider that the RAM in the iPad 2 would run at a higher clock speed of 1,066MHz for greater memory bandwidth than the 800MHz memory in the iPhone 4.

Kuo also indicated back in January that the iPad 2 would have LPDDR2 RAM at a speed of 1,066MHz, corroborating Lee's more recent claims. Kuo said the memory would be supplied by both Samsung and Hynix.

512MB of RAM would be equal to the amount found in the iPhone 4, released last June. The amount of RAM supposedly in the new iPad is also half of the 1GB found in the Android-powered Motorola Xoom.

Apple prefers to avoid detailing technical specifications of its devices, instead focusing on features and usability. But the company did reveal on Wednesday that the new A5 processor is a custom-designed 1GHz dual-core chip with the same low power consumption as last year's A4.

The report also contradicts what a representative in London demoing the iPad 2 reportedly told Gizmodo: that the new iPad has the same 256MB of RAM as last year's model. However, the site was then told by another public relations person that they couldn't confirm how much RAM is in the new A5 processor.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

I think your taking it too seriously lol.

Anyone who is buying one of these to replace their regular computer is stupid.  It's Fun point blank period.  It is fun to use it is fun to play with.  It's fun have all those cool apps, its fun to touch your screen and take goofy pictures.  It's all fun.  I am probably buying the 16gb $500 ipad2 to be entertained lol.  Not to work in excel or run incredible graphics or anything crazy. It is a good machine for the price.

And if you don't want the data plan then why would you care about the 4g ipad?  The next ipad will have probably a new OS designed for it (hopefully) and retina display.  I am thinking the OS will be upgradeable unto the ipad 2.  So i am going to roll the dice and cop an ipad 2 assuming nothing ground breaking will happen between then and now.  If it does....il sell my ipad2 and cop the new one.

Anyone who is buying one of these to replace their regular computer is stupid.  It's Fun point blank period.  It is fun to use it is fun to play with.  It's fun have all those cool apps, its fun to touch your screen and take goofy pictures.  It's all fun.  I am probably buying the 16gb $500 ipad2 to be entertained lol.  Not to work in excel or run incredible graphics or anything crazy. It is a good machine for the price.

And if you don't want the data plan then why would you care about the 4g ipad?  The next ipad will have probably a new OS designed for it (hopefully) and retina display.  I am thinking the OS will be upgradeable unto the ipad 2.  So i am going to roll the dice and cop an ipad 2 assuming nothing ground breaking will happen between then and now.  If it does....il sell my ipad2 and cop the new one.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

That's the thing....you're one of those people I was talking about. You don't even know why you bought the first one and why you're buying the 2nd one. You can get a Nintendo 3DS for $250 and have ground breaking technology. Real 3d with no glasses, interacting with real life objects. A LOT more "FUN" than the IPad will ever be. To be blunt, you're paying $500 for outdated technology to have "fun". 

That's the thing....you're one of those people I was talking about. You don't even know why you bought the first one and why you're buying the 2nd one. You can get a Nintendo 3DS for $250 and have ground breaking technology. Real 3d with no glasses, interacting with real life objects. A LOT more "FUN" than the IPad will ever be. To be blunt, you're paying $500 for outdated technology to have "fun". 

I understand what you're saying, I think its dumb to upgrade from a 1 to a 2 since they release a new version every year and this is nothing more than a bigger iPhone for 5-600$
....but in the end its not your money, if you don't like it don't buy it, don't be bothered because other people are willing to spend the $$$ on it.

I understand what you're saying, I think its dumb to upgrade from a 1 to a 2 since they release a new version every year and this is nothing more than a bigger iPhone for 5-600$
....but in the end its not your money, if you don't like it don't buy it, don't be bothered because other people are willing to spend the $$$ on it.

1. $500 is not a lot of money i've paid more for less
2. I don't really hand-held game....ever....i play my ps3 like once a week
3. I never bought the first one i played with it in stores and really enjoyed it but wanted to see what other tablets had instore before i made my decision

I have friends away at school so facetime will be FUN since my current laptop doesn't have a webcam
I like music and see myself using the garageband app to have FUN
My best friend is a film major and has a mac and edits his movies all the time id like to be able to try my hand at it without buying the $1000 software, it sounds like FUN to me
I can sit on my couch and watch tons of Pron if i want to without having to worry about viruses and without shelling out 2,000 for a macbook...pron is FUN
I can take it to work and take notes on it as i go meeting to meeting without having to carry a note pad and it will allow me to stay more organized with my notes. not Fun but FUNCTIONAL

I'm sorry your all butt hurt because people buy ipad's and enjoy them.  I'd rather pay 500 for this then 800 for a Xoom, sorry

1. $500 is not a lot of money i've paid more for less
2. I don't really hand-held game....ever....i play my ps3 like once a week
3. I never bought the first one i played with it in stores and really enjoyed it but wanted to see what other tablets had instore before i made my decision

I have friends away at school so facetime will be FUN since my current laptop doesn't have a webcam
My best friend is a film major and has a mac and edits his movies all the time id like to be able to try my hand at it without buying the $1000 software, it sounds like FUN to me
I can sit on my couch and watch tons of Pron if i want to without having to worry about viruses and without shelling out 2,000 for a macbook...pron is FUN
I can take it to work and take notes on it as i go meeting to meeting without having to carry a note pad and it will allow me to stay more organized with my notes. not Fun but FUNCTIONAL

I'm sorry your all butt hurt because people buy ipad's and enjoy them.  I'd rather pay 500 for this then 800 for a Xoom, sorry

roll.gif
roll.gif

real.jpg

fail. Those are the screenshots from the og iPad

roll.gif
roll.gif

real.jpg

fail. Those are the screenshots from the og iPad

I ain't mad. Things like this slow down the progression of these products. Apple always stalls by releasing basically updates to their products. Same thing happened to Nintendo...they still don't have a HD system out. PC gaming is stalled by the current generation of consoles. If Apple bombs in sales they will have no choice but to release something worthy of talking about.

I ain't mad. Things like this slow down the progression of these products. Apple always stalls by releasing basically updates to their products. Same thing happened to Nintendo...they still don't have a HD system out. PC gaming is stalled by the current generation of consoles. If Apple bombs in sales they will have no choice but to release something worthy of talking about.

Whats progression if it doesn't run smoothly. 

Nintendo doesn't have an HD system out....so.  They outsold all other consoles by unit in the world.  You think thats a failure? or hurting society?

worldwide-PS3-and-Wii.jpg

http://www.techmaish.com/...and-xbox-360-comparison/

Link to the article if you don't believe me

Apple won't bomb in sales though.  People like using their products.  I don't understand your argument.  Are you saying Apple is bad for society and that they are single handily hampering technological growth in the tablet PC, and gaming market? 

Whats progression if it doesn't run smoothly. 

Nintendo doesn't have an HD system out....so.  They outsold all other consoles by unit in the world.  You think thats a failure? or hurting society?

worldwide-PS3-and-Wii.jpg

http://www.techmaish.com/...and-xbox-360-comparison/

Link to the article if you don't believe me

Apple won't bomb in sales though.  People like using their products.  I don't understand your argument.  Are you saying Apple is bad for society and that they are single handily hampering technological growth in the tablet PC, and gaming market? 

All these attributes combined with our enhancements to Real Racing 2 HD will create the most precise and intuitive car racing experience on any device.

I refuse to believe this.
Gran Turismo on PSP > that.

All these attributes combined with our enhancements to Real Racing 2 HD will create the most precise and intuitive car racing experience on any device.

I refuse to believe this.
Gran Turismo on PSP > that.

Where did all these "Un-tech savy" people come from acting like they know something just because the ipad 2 came out?
laugh.gif

as far as the old one being 256 mb, while thats true, it still was really fast. i used my 256 mb ram ipad 10x as much as my 2gb ram macbook

Uh, duh its gonna be a lot faster in terms of the transition between apps, but that doesn't mean it can maintain more apps at (256mb). Your also comparing a mobile os to a desktop os. The desktop os has to worry about other system parts to make it run efficient (ie. hardrive, background task, system memory task) the more ram you have the more apps or programs you can run. Also who the hell has 2gb of ram in a computer 4gb and up, put 4gb in your macbook you'll see a big difference.

Why no retina?

Cost, Apple won't be able to reach the "magical price point" if they were to have retina display i like to say "pixel density"
Performance of the CPU and GPU, Apple claims the A5 chip and its GPU can output 1080p, but it when it comes to having a screen that has more pixel density requires both chips(soc) to consume energy to run make it run efficiently with out no lag or jittering.
Battery life, battery life will drop significantly if the hardware requires to consume more energy.

I'm sorry your all butt hurt because people buy ipad's and enjoy them. I'd rather pay 500 for this then 800 for a Xoom, sorry

How you expect to do all these things on a 16gb ipad with 512mb of ram, you can't compare 16gb ipad to a 32gb, 1gb ram XOOM.

Go to sleep cheap sheep.

Where did all these "Un-tech savy" people come from acting like they know something just because the ipad 2 came out?
laugh.gif

as far as the old one being 256 mb, while thats true, it still was really fast. i used my 256 mb ram ipad 10x as much as my 2gb ram macbook

Uh, duh its gonna be a lot faster in terms of the transition between apps, but that doesn't mean it can maintain more apps at (256mb). Your also comparing a mobile os to a desktop os. The desktop os has to worry about other system parts to make it run efficient (ie. hardrive, background task, system memory task) the more ram you have the more apps or programs you can run. Also who the hell has 2gb of ram in a computer 4gb and up, put 4gb in your macbook you'll see a big difference.

Why no retina?

Cost, Apple won't be able to reach the "magical price point" if they were to have retina display i like to say "pixel density"
Performance of the CPU and GPU, Apple claims the A5 chip and its GPU can output 1080p, but it when it comes to having a screen that has more pixel density requires both chips(soc) to consume energy to run make it run efficiently with out no lag or jittering.
Battery life, battery life will drop significantly if the hardware requires to consume more energy.

I'm sorry your all butt hurt because people buy ipad's and enjoy them. I'd rather pay 500 for this then 800 for a Xoom, sorry

How you expect to do all these things on a 16gb ipad with 512mb of ram, you can't compare 16gb ipad to a 32gb, 1gb ram XOOM.

Go to sleep cheap sheep.

Back
Top Bottom