Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by Caerus

So, without having this become a Fan boy battle, please let me know which one is better?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

like boost said, go to best buy and check them out.

i personally would pick the xoom. i like the interface (since it was made for tablets, unlike the apple UI still looks the same as the iphone and ipod touch but hey.. if it ain't broke, don't fix it) better on the xoom.

also has expandable storage, faster, more ram and i believe it has a better screen (which im sure apple will catch up with this later this year/ipad 3). but really, it's all up to what fits your needs.

all i need is for them to have a wifi 16gb version for around 500 (since it is competing with the ipad) and i'll jump on it. or i'll just wait to see how the HP TouchPad is when it comes out (im a fan of webOS more than any other OS)

think i read on engadget/applemodo that it was the same as the original ipad.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The HDMI component: will it work with the first gen. Ipad?

yup, iphone 4 and latest gen ipod touch

think i read on engadget/applemodo that it was the same as the original ipad.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

The HDMI component: will it work with the first gen. Ipad?

yup, iphone 4 and latest gen ipod touch

Originally Posted by infam0usP

So, without having this become a Fan boy battle, please let me know which one is better?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
buy what YOU like & quit worrying about the next man's opinion. its your $ & nobody else's
Cut that %!#* out man. I was just inquiring. Some heads on here really know what there talking about.

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
buy what YOU like & quit worrying about the next man's opinion. its your $ & nobody else's
Cut that %!#* out man. I was just inquiring. Some heads on here really know what there talking about.

their source could be wrong.

never understood why apple always leaves out how much ram they use on their portable devices.

never understood why apple always leaves out how much ram they use on their portable devices.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Damn, everywhere else I'm reading says 512.
The chart on the page before this one left that part blank...Im guessing that it hasnt been made public by apple yet

If its 256 like the first gen i see no reason in buying this new one. The 2 is slightly smaller, slightly lighter, and has cameras now

The chart on the page before this one left that part blank...Im guessing that it hasnt been made public by apple yet

If its 256 like the first gen i see no reason in buying this new one. The 2 is slightly smaller, slightly lighter, and has cameras now

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

There's nothing wrong with his post. He obviously doesn't know which is better, which is why he's asking.

Anyway, the Xoom.

Exactly, what's wrong with wanting to know which product would be the better purchase?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

There's nothing wrong with his post. He obviously doesn't know which is better, which is why he's asking.

Anyway, the Xoom.

Exactly, what's wrong with wanting to know which product would be the better purchase?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
so lets not read any reviews for any products then

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
so lets not read any reviews for any products then

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I read the article cwrite78 is talking about. Apparently, they didn't wanna reveal the RAM cuz it's still only 256...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I read the article cwrite78 is talking about. Apparently, they didn't wanna reveal the RAM cuz it's still only 256...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i think its because the numbers can be misleading, apple's specs are generally lower than the competition yet their products are still faster in a lot of cases.  i've heard that it's at least 512 in the ipad2 because otherwise it wouldn't be able to run garage band or imovie.
just like with the last ipad, and every idevice, there's going to be a lot of hate.  last year when the ipad came out everyone was saying "i'll wait for _____".  a year later and it looks like we're in the same position...

anyone see the videos on engadget?  it looks a LOT faster.  can't wait til the 11th

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i think its because the numbers can be misleading, apple's specs are generally lower than the competition yet their products are still faster in a lot of cases.  i've heard that it's at least 512 in the ipad2 because otherwise it wouldn't be able to run garage band or imovie.
just like with the last ipad, and every idevice, there's going to be a lot of hate.  last year when the ipad came out everyone was saying "i'll wait for _____".  a year later and it looks like we're in the same position...

anyone see the videos on engadget?  it looks a LOT faster.  can't wait til the 11th

looks nice

my macbook will be 4 yrs old this fall, kinda torn on upgrading to a mbp or keeping my mb an copping an ipad

but if there isnt much difference from vol 1 then i might aswell wait for 3

looks nice

my macbook will be 4 yrs old this fall, kinda torn on upgrading to a mbp or keeping my mb an copping an ipad

but if there isnt much difference from vol 1 then i might aswell wait for 3

Back
Top Bottom