Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

If my connect comes thru, I will be upgrading from this 16GB Wifi to a White 16GB 3G

If my connect comes thru, I will be upgrading from this 16GB Wifi to a White 16GB 3G

I dunno if I should get the ipad 2 cause if rumors are true the ipad 3 is coming out in september.......
I dont wanna shell out 1000$ this year for two ipads.........

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Honestly, I think a lot of people will upgrade. Why? Faster processor, thinner design, and the ability to FaceTime.

Expect a lot of iPads to hit Craigslist/eBay in the next few hours.

They already have.  I've posted mine just to see what the response will be.  I'll more than likely take it down before the end of the day.  Can't justify spending more money.
16 and 32 GB refurbs dropped down to $349 and $429, respectively.
Way to knock out the middleman.  
laugh.gif

A lot of people will be super salty.  #soldminetwoweeksago

I dunno if I should get the ipad 2 cause if rumors are true the ipad 3 is coming out in september.......

Honestly, I think a lot of people will upgrade. Why? Faster processor, thinner design, and the ability to FaceTime.

They already have.  I've posted mine just to see what the response will be.  I'll more than likely take it down before the end of the day.  Can't justify spending more money.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Give us flash you sob apple

I take it you've never ran Linux, flash runs like junk. Even on PCs flash is sometimes unstable. HTML 5 is sooooo much better than flash in regards of practical applications like videos and site design. Adobe should have never acquired macromedia.
Truth is spoken^^^^^^^
Quoted from Apple on why they do not use Flash

"Besides the fact that Flash is closed and proprietary, has major technical drawbacks, and doesn’t support touch based devices, there is an even more important reason we do not allow Flash on iPhones, iPods and iPads. We have discussed the downsides of using Flash to play video and interactive content from websites, but Adobe also wants developers to adopt Flash to create apps that run on our mobile devices."

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Give us flash you sob apple

I take it you've never ran Linux, flash runs like junk. Even on PCs flash is sometimes unstable. HTML 5 is sooooo much better than flash in regards of practical applications like videos and site design. Adobe should have never acquired macromedia.
Truth is spoken^^^^^^^
Quoted from Apple on why they do not use Flash

"Besides the fact that Flash is closed and proprietary, has major technical drawbacks, and doesn’t support touch based devices, there is an even more important reason we do not allow Flash on iPhones, iPods and iPads. We have discussed the downsides of using Flash to play video and interactive content from websites, but Adobe also wants developers to adopt Flash to create apps that run on our mobile devices."

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Honestly this whole Dual Core thing isnt the most mind blowing thing. Next year Quad cores will be on the market, and That will be when I shop

Honestly this whole Dual Core thing isnt the most mind blowing thing. Next year Quad cores will be on the market, and That will be when I shop

laugh.gif

That's going to send the lowballers in to overdrive now.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I've been procrastinating on selling mine too....I read this and instantly:
fuuuuuu.jpg

laugh.gif

I've been procrastinating on selling mine too....I read this and instantly:
fuuuuuu.jpg

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Pass. My macbook can do all that and carry the extra computational power than a ipad.

Don't get me wrong here the extra features is nice for certain users, ios still can't do what I need it do even with jailbreak.

You shouldn't compare the iPad to a Macbook. Two completely different products. iPad is unmatched in the tablet department (taking price into consideration).

I know you can't compare the two, but from the software and os you can say that both products have a converge of software that is almost identical and apple has said this before "were taking the best ideas from the ipad and putting it in our macbooks" vise versa goes for the ipad as well. Look at the new Lion OS coming out its brings certain features from ios into a desktop os(My belief is that Macbooks and Imac will have touchscreen interface laid flat on a table to easily navigate through with out a keyboard and mouse input). Facetime can be done on a mac, photobooth, imovie etc....the only thing that can't be done on a ipad is real life computational software that takes advantage of all the system hardware down to the physical keys and using it to talk to multiple machines at once. Don't forget the ios 4.3 hasn't really reach cloud computing yet and it still need to plug in to sync you data. A tablet to me is more of a consumption device you consume entertainment so won't be kept bored. The ipad or any tablet device can't reach the heights of a desktop os, but it can pull you away from always being plug into a desktop computer.

Yes the price is unmatched, manufactures need to take note of how to sell a product and make it cost effective. However the software and hardware isn't.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Pass. My macbook can do all that and carry the extra computational power than a ipad.

Don't get me wrong here the extra features is nice for certain users, ios still can't do what I need it do even with jailbreak.

You shouldn't compare the iPad to a Macbook. Two completely different products. iPad is unmatched in the tablet department (taking price into consideration).

I know you can't compare the two, but from the software and os you can say that both products have a converge of software that is almost identical and apple has said this before "were taking the best ideas from the ipad and putting it in our macbooks" vise versa goes for the ipad as well. Look at the new Lion OS coming out its brings certain features from ios into a desktop os(My belief is that Macbooks and Imac will have touchscreen interface laid flat on a table to easily navigate through with out a keyboard and mouse input). Facetime can be done on a mac, photobooth, imovie etc....the only thing that can't be done on a ipad is real life computational software that takes advantage of all the system hardware down to the physical keys and using it to talk to multiple machines at once. Don't forget the ios 4.3 hasn't really reach cloud computing yet and it still need to plug in to sync you data. A tablet to me is more of a consumption device you consume entertainment so won't be kept bored. The ipad or any tablet device can't reach the heights of a desktop os, but it can pull you away from always being plug into a desktop computer.

Yes the price is unmatched, manufactures need to take note of how to sell a product and make it cost effective. However the software and hardware isn't.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

You are downplaying the a5 chip. I havent had a chance to break down everything but if it can do basically video editing on the fly and music producition from the little ive seen it should be way more powerful than the previous chip. Obviously we wont reach the full potential of the chip till a few months down the line but hardware wise it is worth the upgrade if you can sell your iPad at a decent price of course. We should be seeing some break through apps coming soon with the power they have advertised the iPad of having. It sucks that a new one is coming out next year though because I really dont believe a year is enough time to reach the peak of the power of these mobile devices. 

Back
Top Bottom