Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Copped! Hopefully my homegirl can get me a discount.
pimp.gif

What is the employee discount on these?

10% so pretty  much taxes
tired.gif
The Apple discount is higher but, it's not on the employee store yet.

pimp.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

pimp.gif

tired.gif

Nice! I'm gonna have to hit her up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

pimp.gif

tired.gif

Nice! I'm gonna have to hit her up.
pimp.gif

Nice upgrades compared to the iPad 1, cool device but I'd never buy one (or any tablet) since i already have a Mcbook and iPhone. Now if it was given to me that's another story

that drum/garageband app looks fun

If I can manage to land this internship, I am definitely treating myself to one of these 
happy.gif
[fingers crossed]

If I can manage to land this internship, I am definitely treating myself to one of these 
happy.gif
[fingers crossed]

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I dunno if I should get the ipad 2 cause if rumors are true the ipad 3 is coming out in september.......
I dont wanna shell out 1000$ this year for two ipads.........

Honestly this whole Dual Core thing isnt the most mind blowing thing. Next year Quad cores will be on the market, and That will be when I shop
.... and spend a year without using the product you wanted/needed in the first place.

I never understood this mindset when it comes to tech, especially if it's a full year in advance on a product that has a 1 year refresh rate.

If everyone constantly waits for the next new tech, then nobody would ever buy anything.

Right? There's always going to be something better next year, with that attitude you'll just be playing the waiting game forever. I got the last iPad and I'll get this one on release day. Apple products hold their value really well so I'm hardly taking a hit at all. Next year I'll sell my iPad 2 and get the 3.

I dunno if I should get the ipad 2 cause if rumors are true the ipad 3 is coming out in september.......

Honestly this whole Dual Core thing isnt the most mind blowing thing. Next year Quad cores will be on the market, and That will be when I shop
.... and spend a year without using the product you wanted/needed in the first place.

I never understood this mindset when it comes to tech, especially if it's a full year in advance on a product that has a 1 year refresh rate.

If everyone constantly waits for the next new tech, then nobody would ever buy anything.

Right? There's always going to be something better next year, with that attitude you'll just be playing the waiting game forever. I got the last iPad and I'll get this one on release day. Apple products hold their value really well so I'm hardly taking a hit at all. Next year I'll sell my iPad 2 and get the 3.

Nice upgrades compared to the iPad 1, cool device but I'd never buy one (or any tablet) since i already have a Mcbook and iPhone. Now if it was given to me that's another story

that drum/garageband app looks fun

Originally Posted by bjamez20

I meant if ipad 3 was coming this september which is 6 months away it would be wise to wait for it. If they plan on releasing it in march 2012 then it would be smart to buy the ipad 2 now.
Im saying the 1 year life cycle is good by me, if it was a 6 moth cycle that would suck

Originally Posted by bjamez20

I meant if ipad 3 was coming this september which is 6 months away it would be wise to wait for it. If they plan on releasing it in march 2012 then it would be smart to buy the ipad 2 now.
Im saying the 1 year life cycle is good by me, if it was a 6 moth cycle that would suck

For the price it isnt bad. Im still gung ho about buying a BB Playbook but I wanna see comparisons between the IP1 and IP2. Especially since the BBP and IP2 have the same price point.

For the price it isnt bad. Im still gung ho about buying a BB Playbook but I wanna see comparisons between the IP1 and IP2. Especially since the BBP and IP2 have the same price point.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I didnt ccatch this but does this have an USB port? How would I flash a new rom if it doesn't have one

you cant flash roms
whoa whoa whoa. If we are going to use the term Rom as the same as custom firmwares which is what the term is mostly used in the mobile handset world than yes you can. The thing is with the iOS line the homebrew community is not as a large as it should be and coupled with a closed OS the need for custom FWs is not really there. When I first started to mess with Windows Mobile with the ATT 8125 (forget the HTC device name) custom roms where needed,  you had bloatware preinstalled, inefficient battery life, and little software tweaks that were necessary to improve the performance of the device. You also had other devices have more software features on the WM6 platform that werent available on certain devices. The need for custom roms was warranted in that situation but with iOS the variations of the OS is not really much different when you compare the devices. With iOS custom firmwares arent really needed because the base of the OS is pretty "pure" in regards to no bloatware or the need for tweaks to improve performance. A lot of times with custom roms you will see them adding newer software features to a device that it didnt have but iOS thats not a feasible way to do that you can alternatively just have instructions to download whatever software feature it is through cydia.

Now in regards to the topic of Custom FWs on the iOS platform so far the options really arent their to justify. With the PWNage tool you have the ability to build ISPW files (iphone firmware files) with options of changing boot icon, have it auto install certain cydia packages or even your own piece of software package, and modify the bootloader but for the average user it doesnt make sense to go through the hassle. Now if you do care to create a custom fw its really not hard to "flash" to it you would just simply ctrl+click the restore button and choose your custom FW and it will restore to it on iTunes.

I brought up earlier the ability to install other OS on the iOS platform because of the root access jailbreaking gives you. I personally have not got into the process of trying to do it (If i wanted to run Android I would just buy an Android device) but it is possible just like how it was possible to get Window Mobile devices on Android. For some information on it just peep this link http://www.pcworld.com/ar...roid_on_your_iphone.html . The only issue with this is that there really isnt that much support for the homebrew community like i stated earlier. Anything is possible with root access and perhaps the homebrew community will step it up a bit more with its offerings to the iOS platform.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I didnt ccatch this but does this have an USB port? How would I flash a new rom if it doesn't have one

you cant flash roms
whoa whoa whoa. If we are going to use the term Rom as the same as custom firmwares which is what the term is mostly used in the mobile handset world than yes you can. The thing is with the iOS line the homebrew community is not as a large as it should be and coupled with a closed OS the need for custom FWs is not really there. When I first started to mess with Windows Mobile with the ATT 8125 (forget the HTC device name) custom roms where needed,  you had bloatware preinstalled, inefficient battery life, and little software tweaks that were necessary to improve the performance of the device. You also had other devices have more software features on the WM6 platform that werent available on certain devices. The need for custom roms was warranted in that situation but with iOS the variations of the OS is not really much different when you compare the devices. With iOS custom firmwares arent really needed because the base of the OS is pretty "pure" in regards to no bloatware or the need for tweaks to improve performance. A lot of times with custom roms you will see them adding newer software features to a device that it didnt have but iOS thats not a feasible way to do that you can alternatively just have instructions to download whatever software feature it is through cydia.

Now in regards to the topic of Custom FWs on the iOS platform so far the options really arent their to justify. With the PWNage tool you have the ability to build ISPW files (iphone firmware files) with options of changing boot icon, have it auto install certain cydia packages or even your own piece of software package, and modify the bootloader but for the average user it doesnt make sense to go through the hassle. Now if you do care to create a custom fw its really not hard to "flash" to it you would just simply ctrl+click the restore button and choose your custom FW and it will restore to it on iTunes.

I brought up earlier the ability to install other OS on the iOS platform because of the root access jailbreaking gives you. I personally have not got into the process of trying to do it (If i wanted to run Android I would just buy an Android device) but it is possible just like how it was possible to get Window Mobile devices on Android. For some information on it just peep this link http://www.pcworld.com/ar...roid_on_your_iphone.html . The only issue with this is that there really isnt that much support for the homebrew community like i stated earlier. Anything is possible with root access and perhaps the homebrew community will step it up a bit more with its offerings to the iOS platform.

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Give us flash you sob apple

I take it you've never ran Linux, flash runs like junk. Even on PCs flash is sometimes unstable. HTML 5 is sooooo much better than flash in regards of practical applications like videos and site design. Adobe should have never acquired macromedia.
Truth is spoken^^^^^^^
Quoted from Apple on why they do not use Flash

"Besides the fact that Flash is closed and proprietary, has major technical drawbacks, and doesn’t support touch based devices, there is an even more important reason we do not allow Flash on iPhones, iPods and iPads. We have discussed the downsides of using Flash to play video and interactive content from websites, but Adobe also wants developers to adopt Flash to create apps that run on our mobile devices."
This is the primary reason IOS will never see flash. Flash based apps will compete directly with the app store and apple can't have that.

Honestly I dont believe this. Why would anyone prefer to code in Flash rather than Objective C? The SDK is made for Object C and their are  TONS of APIs already in the SDK that would not be possible in flash. Lets take Android for example a OS that has Flash, there market still exists and we have not seen a splurge of Flash based apps. The reality of this Flash situation is that Adobe is NOTORIOUS for having terrible support. At one point they discontinued the 64 bit version of Flash on Linux. Flash is a known resource hog (this is supposedly fixed with Hardware acceleration to bad their Hardware acceleration doesnt even work on my PC) and you need to install Flash first to even use it. With HTML 5 you dont need a "plug-in" to take advantage of it its already built into modern browsers. Flash is inefficient and the versatility of programming in Flash is no where near that of a real programming language.

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Give us flash you sob apple

I take it you've never ran Linux, flash runs like junk. Even on PCs flash is sometimes unstable. HTML 5 is sooooo much better than flash in regards of practical applications like videos and site design. Adobe should have never acquired macromedia.
Truth is spoken^^^^^^^
Quoted from Apple on why they do not use Flash

"Besides the fact that Flash is closed and proprietary, has major technical drawbacks, and doesn’t support touch based devices, there is an even more important reason we do not allow Flash on iPhones, iPods and iPads. We have discussed the downsides of using Flash to play video and interactive content from websites, but Adobe also wants developers to adopt Flash to create apps that run on our mobile devices."
This is the primary reason IOS will never see flash. Flash based apps will compete directly with the app store and apple can't have that.

Honestly I dont believe this. Why would anyone prefer to code in Flash rather than Objective C? The SDK is made for Object C and their are  TONS of APIs already in the SDK that would not be possible in flash. Lets take Android for example a OS that has Flash, there market still exists and we have not seen a splurge of Flash based apps. The reality of this Flash situation is that Adobe is NOTORIOUS for having terrible support. At one point they discontinued the 64 bit version of Flash on Linux. Flash is a known resource hog (this is supposedly fixed with Hardware acceleration to bad their Hardware acceleration doesnt even work on my PC) and you need to install Flash first to even use it. With HTML 5 you dont need a "plug-in" to take advantage of it its already built into modern browsers. Flash is inefficient and the versatility of programming in Flash is no where near that of a real programming language.

Back
Top Bottom