Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

I dunno if I should get the ipad 2 cause if rumors are true the ipad 3 is coming out in september.......
I dont wanna shell out 1000$ this year for two ipads.........

Honestly this whole Dual Core thing isnt the most mind blowing thing. Next year Quad cores will be on the market, and That will be when I shop

You are downplaying the a5 chip. I havent had a chance to break down everything but if it can do basically video editing on the fly and music producition from the little ive seen it should be way more powerful than the previous chip. Obviously we wont reach the full potential of the chip till a few months down the line but hardware wise it is worth the upgrade if you can sell your iPad at a decent price of course. We should be seeing some break through apps coming soon with the power they have advertised the iPad of having. It sucks that a new one is coming out next year though because I really dont believe a year is enough time to reach the peak of the power of these mobile devices. 

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Give us flash you sob apple

I take it you've never ran Linux, flash runs like junk. Even on PCs flash is sometimes unstable. HTML 5 is sooooo much better than flash in regards of practical applications like videos and site design. Adobe should have never acquired macromedia.
Truth is spoken^^^^^^^
Quoted from Apple on why they do not use Flash

"Besides the fact that Flash is closed and proprietary, has major technical drawbacks, and doesn’t support touch based devices, there is an even more important reason we do not allow Flash on iPhones, iPods and iPads. We have discussed the downsides of using Flash to play video and interactive content from websites, but Adobe also wants developers to adopt Flash to create apps that run on our mobile devices."

False. I watch Euro soccer matches with flash via jusntin.tv on my EVO just fine. 
pimp.gif

At the thought of loading flash on a 3G connection 
sick.gif

O

I take it you've never ran Linux, flash runs like junk. Even on PCs flash is sometimes unstable. HTML 5 is sooooo much better than flash in regards of practical applications like videos and site design. Adobe should have never acquired macromedia.
Truth is spoken^^^^^^^

"Besides the fact that Flash is closed and proprietary, has major technical drawbacks, and doesn’t support touch based devices, there is an even more important reason we do not allow Flash on iPhones, iPods and iPads. We have discussed the downsides of using Flash to play video and interactive content from websites, but Adobe also wants developers to adopt Flash to create apps that run on our mobile devices."

I'm still not buying that at all. Html5 has a chance in passing flash but its not right now.And everything crashes every now and then. I've only had flashing crash on my PC a couple times and hasn't crashed at all on my phone.

O

Truth is spoken^^^^^^^

I'm still not buying that at all. Html5 has a chance in passing flash but its not right now.And everything crashes every now and then. I've only had flashing crash on my PC a couple times and hasn't crashed at all on my phone.

I dunno if I should get the ipad 2 cause if rumors are true the ipad 3 is coming out in september.......
september already?? sheesh... this is why i hate buying apple products

Truth is spoken^^^^^^^

False. I watch Euro soccer matches with flash via jusntin.tv on my EVO just fine. 
pimp.gif

At the thought of loading flash on a 3G connection 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JUNIOR STRIKES

ipad 3 is not coming out until this time next yr

& while html5 might be nice, most of the sites i stream from need flash
ohwell.gif
so ipad2 is a no go

Originally Posted by JUNIOR STRIKES

ipad 3 is not coming out until this time next yr

& while html5 might be nice, most of the sites i stream from need flash
ohwell.gif
so ipad2 is a no go

I got the Ipad 1 as a gift, and honestly - my macbook has been collecting dust. Surfing the web on these things > I might actually cop the white one with my hard earned money this time around.

I got the Ipad 1 as a gift, and honestly - my macbook has been collecting dust. Surfing the web on these things > I might actually cop the white one with my hard earned money this time around.

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what does jailbreaking do?
If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on here?
iOS is the only thing keeping me from buying this when I'm gonna get a tablet. I'm not a fan of that OS at all

i dont think you can put roms on it i think it just lets you do some minor things and some open apps, its still IOS 
not a different os, altho i have seen some people running windows on their ipads somehow.
but main reason people jailbreak is to get all the apps from the app store for free.

You can do anything with a jailbroken iPhone. The term jailbroken is another term for root access for my computer savy people. You can already create custom fws with the pwnage tool. With root access you can do anything to a device as long as you what what to do. I've seen android running on iPhone already .

I didnt ccatch this but does this have an USB port? How would I flash a new rom if it doesn't have one

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what does jailbreaking do?
If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on here?
iOS is the only thing keeping me from buying this when I'm gonna get a tablet. I'm not a fan of that OS at all

i dont think you can put roms on it i think it just lets you do some minor things and some open apps, its still IOS 
not a different os, altho i have seen some people running windows on their ipads somehow.
but main reason people jailbreak is to get all the apps from the app store for free.

You can do anything with a jailbroken iPhone. The term jailbroken is another term for root access for my computer savy people. You can already create custom fws with the pwnage tool. With root access you can do anything to a device as long as you what what to do. I've seen android running on iPhone already .

I didnt ccatch this but does this have an USB port? How would I flash a new rom if it doesn't have one

Truth is spoken^^^^^^^

This is the primary reason IOS will never see flash. Flash based apps will compete directly with the app store and apple can't have that.

Truth is spoken^^^^^^^

This is the primary reason IOS will never see flash. Flash based apps will compete directly with the app store and apple can't have that.

Honestly this whole Dual Core thing isnt the most mind blowing thing. Next year Quad cores will be on the market, and That will be when I shop
.... and spend a year without using the product you wanted/needed in the first place.

I never understood this mindset when it comes to tech, especially if it's a full year in advance on a product that has a 1 year refresh rate.

If everyone constantly waits for the next new tech, then nobody would ever buy anything.

.... and spend a year without using the product you wanted/needed in the first place.

I never understood this mindset when it comes to tech, especially if it's a full year in advance on a product that has a 1 year refresh rate.

If everyone constantly waits for the next new tech, then nobody would ever buy anything.

Back
Top Bottom