Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Honestly, I think a lot of people will upgrade. Why? Faster processor, thinner design, and the ability to FaceTime.

Expect a lot of iPads to hit Craigslist/eBay in the next few hours.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Honestly, I think a lot of people will upgrade. Why? Faster processor, thinner design, and the ability to FaceTime.

They already have.  I've posted mine just to see what the response will be.  I'll more than likely take it down before the end of the day.  Can't justify spending more money.

They already have.  I've posted mine just to see what the response will be.  I'll more than likely take it down before the end of the day.  Can't justify spending more money.

For the price it isnt bad. Im still gung ho about buying a BB Playbook but I wanna see comparisons between the IP1 and IP2. Especially since the BBP and IP2 have the same price point.

For the price it isnt bad. Im still gung ho about buying a BB Playbook but I wanna see comparisons between the IP1 and IP2. Especially since the BBP and IP2 have the same price point.

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what does jailbreaking do?
If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on here?
iOS is the only thing keeping me from buying this when I'm gonna get a tablet. I'm not a fan of that OS at all

i dont think you can put roms on it i think it just lets you do some minor things and some open apps, its still IOS 
not a different os, altho i have seen some people running windows on their ipads somehow.
but main reason people jailbreak is to get all the apps from the app store for free.

You can do anything with a jailbroken iPhone. The term jailbroken is another term for root access for my computer savy people. You can already create custom fws with the pwnage tool. With root access you can do anything to a device as long as you what what to do. I've seen android running on iPhone already .

Honestly I dont see a reason for me to upgrade my iPad outside of the fact that I would want to keep up with the Jones. I mean I might cop one end of the year, but idk. lol

Seriously, I think they managed to bring in everything that was lacking on the iPad 1.

Oh except for that damn keyboard.  
tired.gif

grin.gif
 if you want a keyboard, go buy a laptop.

plus, there's a keyboard dock that you can purchase separately. 

Seriously, I think they managed to bring in everything that was lacking on the iPad 1.

tired.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what does jailbreaking do?
If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on here?
iOS is the only thing keeping me from buying this when I'm gonna get a tablet. I'm not a fan of that OS at all

i dont think you can put roms on it i think it just lets you do some minor things and some open apps, its still IOS 
not a different os, altho i have seen some people running windows on their ipads somehow.
but main reason people jailbreak is to get all the apps from the app store for free.

You can do anything with a jailbroken iPhone. The term jailbroken is another term for root access for my computer savy people. You can already create custom fws with the pwnage tool. With root access you can do anything to a device as long as you what what to do. I've seen android running on iPhone already .

Honestly I dont see a reason for me to upgrade my iPad outside of the fact that I would want to keep up with the Jones. I mean I might cop one end of the year, but idk. lol

Originally Posted by jmb1523

I wanted to buy a xoom, but i cant justify spending an extra 300. The ipad2 looks pretty good. Im not really a fan of ios for some reason. so hopefully moto lower their prices or ipad2 here i come.
Take a look at the G-Slate as well. Supposed to release by the end of this month

Originally Posted by jmb1523

I wanted to buy a xoom, but i cant justify spending an extra 300. The ipad2 looks pretty good. Im not really a fan of ios for some reason. so hopefully moto lower their prices or ipad2 here i come.
Take a look at the G-Slate as well. Supposed to release by the end of this month

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

It seems like, from what I read, that they have added some new features, which is great. But, even with the ipad I have now, I found it occasionally collecting dust, and not using all of the features to its advantage.

I guess the point I'm trying to get at is, yes all of those features are great, dope, and all, but are you REAALLYYY going to use all of those features? Really?

Its not a big enough Jump from iPad to iPad2 imo, just from what I see so far. A full comparison list of a iPad vs iPad2 is definately warranted, I would like to see that

That's what is keeping me from making the jump.  If I need to FaceTime I have my iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro for that.  I just can't see the need for a cam on the iPad.  I'll more than likely wait for the iPad 3 unless I catch a blessing on the money tip
pimp.gif

I echo the same sentiments. The iPad2 seems dope, but I really don't see the need for this piece of technology. I can only speak for myself when I say that, for instatnce, garageband, film editing, etc. I'm sure I won't really use like that. I have an iPad, and Like I said, it just sits there, looking sexy as hell
laugh.gif
. But if I had the money, and I didn't have to wait in line and all the commotion that comes with an apple release, then I would definately get it.

I have an iPod, Android, and a HP computer that does some really great features. What could the iPad2 do for me (And presumably a lot of other people) that one of those three things can't do?....

I really hope some of these other manufacturers pick up the slack that Apple left with this case. That is literally my only gripe

I really hope some of these other manufacturers pick up the slack that Apple left with this case. That is literally my only gripe

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

It seems like, from what I read, that they have added some new features, which is great. But, even with the ipad I have now, I found it occasionally collecting dust, and not using all of the features to its advantage.

I guess the point I'm trying to get at is, yes all of those features are great, dope, and all, but are you REAALLYYY going to use all of those features? Really?

Its not a big enough Jump from iPad to iPad2 imo, just from what I see so far. A full comparison list of a iPad vs iPad2 is definately warranted, I would like to see that

That's what is keeping me from making the jump.  If I need to FaceTime I have my iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro for that.  I just can't see the need for a cam on the iPad.  I'll more than likely wait for the iPad 3 unless I catch a blessing on the money tip
pimp.gif

I echo the same sentiments. The iPad2 seems dope, but I really don't see the need for this piece of technology. I can only speak for myself when I say that, for instatnce, garageband, film editing, etc. I'm sure I won't really use like that. I have an iPad, and Like I said, it just sits there, looking sexy as hell
laugh.gif
. But if I had the money, and I didn't have to wait in line and all the commotion that comes with an apple release, then I would definately get it.

I have an iPod, Android, and a HP computer that does some really great features. What could the iPad2 do for me (And presumably a lot of other people) that one of those three things can't do?....

Originally Posted by al3x89

tired.gif

grin.gif

Yea, but then I'd have to worry about carrying around two things.  
It's a gripe, but not a deal breaker.

Originally Posted by al3x89

tired.gif

grin.gif

Yea, but then I'd have to worry about carrying around two things.  
It's a gripe, but not a deal breaker.

Back
Top Bottom