Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

hmm does best buy discount work on these? i used to work there for the holidays and was still using my discount just a month ago
laugh.gif

hmm does best buy discount work on these? i used to work there for the holidays and was still using my discount just a month ago
laugh.gif

what does jailbreaking do?
If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on there?
iOS is the only thing keeping me from buying this when I'm gonna get a tablet. I'm not a fan of that OS at all

If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on there?
iOS is the only thing keeping me from buying this when I'm gonna get a tablet. I'm not a fan of that OS at all

Originally Posted by omgitswes

If I jailbreak could I put a different OS or rom on here?

i dont think you can put roms on it i think it just lets you do some minor things and some open apps, its still IOS 

i dont think you can put roms on it i think it just lets you do some minor things and some open apps, its still IOS 

Originally Posted by mco85

So is the Ipad 1 going to be cheap now?

nvm.......yes it should. The demand will be high for the 2, so people will dump their 1's for the 2. Apple will eventually change the price of the 1

Originally Posted by mco85

So is the Ipad 1 going to be cheap now?

nvm.......yes it should. The demand will be high for the 2, so people will dump their 1's for the 2. Apple will eventually change the price of the 1

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

not a different os, altho i have seen some people running windows on their ipads somehow.
but main reason people jailbreak is to get all the apps from the app store for free.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

not a different os, altho i have seen some people running windows on their ipads somehow.
but main reason people jailbreak is to get all the apps from the app store for free.

Pass. My macbook can do all that and carry the extra computational power than a ipad.
Don't get me wrong here the extra features is nice for certain users, ios still can't do what I need it do even with jailbreak.

I like the jabs that apple took at its competitors, but its not saying much to consumers of how companies are copying the ipad.

I need to use 2 more tablets till i make decision.

Honeycomb already showed how powerful a tablet os can be
Blackberry and hp/webos is showing functionality when its paired with there smartphones devices.

Choices people keep them open.

Pass. My macbook can do all that and carry the extra computational power than a ipad.
Don't get me wrong here the extra features is nice for certain users, ios still can't do what I need it do even with jailbreak.

I like the jabs that apple took at its competitors, but its not saying much to consumers of how companies are copying the ipad.

I need to use 2 more tablets till i make decision.

Honeycomb already showed how powerful a tablet os can be
Blackberry and hp/webos is showing functionality when its paired with there smartphones devices.

Choices people keep them open.

What a lot of people don't fully grasp, and many are reluctant to upgrade from the iPad to the iPad 2 is....

This isn't necessarily meant to cause people to upgrade. Sure, people will, but think about all the people who have yet to buy one, who will buy it now.

Apple just totally wants to dominate the market, and with an iPad plus the iPad 2 on the market, they are doing a very good job.

What a lot of people don't fully grasp, and many are reluctant to upgrade from the iPad to the iPad 2 is....

This isn't necessarily meant to cause people to upgrade. Sure, people will, but think about all the people who have yet to buy one, who will buy it now.

Apple just totally wants to dominate the market, and with an iPad plus the iPad 2 on the market, they are doing a very good job.

i think for those with og ipad it will be a big jump to ipad 2 but when ipad 3 comes around it probably wont be a big difference unless its 4g

i think for those with og ipad it will be a big jump to ipad 2 but when ipad 3 comes around it probably wont be a big difference unless its 4g

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

You shouldn't compare the iPad to a Macbook. Two completely different products. iPad is unmatched in the tablet department (taking price into consideration).

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

You shouldn't compare the iPad to a Macbook. Two completely different products. iPad is unmatched in the tablet department (taking price into consideration).

Honestly, I think a lot of people will upgrade. Why? Faster processor, thinner design, and the ability to FaceTime.

Expect a lot of iPads to hit Craigslist/eBay in the next few hours.

Back
Top Bottom