OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

I'm not hating..I f**ks with ppl that dress like that.. I'm 19, & ppl who are really into fashion can respect ppl who stay on TOP of style..
& Kanye is a celebrity..lets not argue because regardless of what he wears, what we say is irrelevant..

Not true.

What we say is relevant. Nearly all celebs fall from the ranks - often that's because the public turns on them.

Who annoints Yeezus a fashion icon? It's partly his own hype machine, partly the circle jerk that is the Hollywood insider culture, and partly the public. If the public decides he's a loser, his days are numbered though - believe that. The cycle has been rinsed, lathered, and repeated a thousand times before.

Dude is talented, musically - even if I don't like everything he does. I'll grant that. But, I can't cosign much of anything he does on the outside. And, if you buy into the rest of his shenanigans, Lennay Kekua's got a sister for ya.

...This is the style icon y'all jock. Dude bought RL rugby flannels off the cot damn rack, removed the labels, screen-printed Pyrex on the back and sold them for $550 a pop - and your brethren copped or dreamed of copping. Wake up - your fashion hero is trolling you.

http://four-pins.com/style/no-one-pyrex-should-have-all-those-rugby-flannels/

Last edited:
Last edited:
More than half of these celebrities that these kids follow and copy are over 30 and probably pushing 40, but I always find it funny when people try to use age as a 'knock' when somebody doesn't agree. This happens a lot in the 'celebrities rocking heat' and WDYWT threads.

399940_316563028376427_105996456_n.jpg

tumblr_mdvwh79dDC1qjc49to1_500.jpg

tumblr_maesthXmbt1r4flb0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma9vegBYA51qhex2qo1_500.jpg

instagr.am.jpg

A9K4ohrCUAAnZAD.jpg

178897_3882742757852_362124700_n.jpg

tumblr_mej3ppVgRj1r2pt2no1_400.jpg

tumblr_meta0xKOBO1rvusryo1_500.jpg

tumblr_meu41m5uTb1qjsn32o1_500.jpg

LOL..k so since according to you Kanye doesn't know how to dress then who does? You guys?...I have a feeling most of you guys are too grown to understand HYPE & what's "in" I can see where you guys are coming from ..that somethings might seem stupid..but Its 2013.. & Fashion is on another level..& You guys dont have to like it which is ok..but ME personally Love the whole layer & shorts on top of sweats/pants, waxed/leather pants. & a mix of High end clothing such as Givenchy, Balenciaga, MMM, & street wear.

LOL..k so since according to you Kanye doesn't know how to dress then who does? You guys?...I have a feeling most of you guys are too grown to understand HYPE & what's "in" I can see where you guys are coming from ..that somethings might seem stupid..but Its 2013.. & Fashion is on another level..& You guys dont have to like it which is ok..but ME personally Love the whole layer & shorts on top of sweats/pants, waxed/leather pants. & a mix of High end clothing such as Givenchy, Balenciaga, MMM, & street wear.

Insecurities at their finest

You are def in this thread somewhere

You're just slurping the crap outta you're favorite celebs then.
tumblr_mdt5x6JmTU1qhjbxeo1_400.gif

man im 20 so age is irrelevant. I can honestly say givenchy is ******g wack !! what is so amazing about a shark on a crew neck? **** looks like a discovery channel promotional item

Last edited:
alot of these pics are hilarious but i agree that alot of them are just the current trends right now. its nothing new, youth style has always been influenced by whatever musical "artist" is trending at the time. been that way for every generation. social media has definitely brought the (widespread) recognition of it to the forefront though...

You're 19, dude.

How/why are you copping Givenchy, etc.?

You a rich kid? You selling jumbos?

Don't worry about what the rest of us are doing or who we think is "fresh."

And, BTW, half the stuff that Kanye wore to establish himself as a fashionable dude was stuff that been in my peoples' closets and rotations since the 90s. His freaking homie and style guru, Taz Arnold, showed how creative and fashion-forward he is by simply jacking the Polo Bear to establish his clothing line. My generation and those before me made all that stuff famous. Again, these people are TROLLING you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom