OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

It's now safe to say that Ovechkin will finish the year with 42 goals. :smh:

I guess, on the bright side, Kuznetsov coming over should soften the blow of the Caps collapsing even more.

Ouch

even tho i hate russia, it wouldve been fun to watch them go a little deeper then wat just happened, wouldve made for some great hockey games. Not that finland isnt capable of doin that,,,..,u know what i mean

Russia did not play a urgent game at all. I noticed coasting through the zone thinking they were going to get past Finland's defense.

Even in the third period, I just saw them gliding across the ice without even caring about the clock ticking. They did not play with a sense of urgency at all.

Putin is about to murder some fools.

Last edited:
Sounds like Brown and Parise are being swapped.

****** finally!

kessel-pavelski-JVR
parise-kesler-kane
Brown-backes-cally
Patches-statsny-oshie
Wheeler

Osh posted a tweet in the wrong thread about there being friction between Ovie/Malkin and the coaching staff.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 5m
Told there was heated friction between Malkin/Ovechkin and Russian coaches. Subjects were KHL bias, lines, and situational usage

:smh:

Russian politics always derail this team.

:lol: apparently Coach Bil singled out Ovie. Said he couldn't explain why his top players not scoring and mentioned only him by name.

Journalists also killing em for not splitting Ovie/Malkin up.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 22m

Russian coach singles out Alex Ovechkin. "I can not explain" how he didn't score more than one goal.

Russians gon Russian :lol: its almost ridiculous how they always manage to find ways to have friction/always be so individualistic..

didn't know russian players caught flack for choosing nhl over the khl 

Never heard it before either, but can't say I'm surprised. I bet kovalchuk and radulov are lauded as pioneers for ditching their contracts/obligations and sticking it to big evil NHL. Insert "in soviet Russia" joke here

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 22m

Russian coach singles out Alex Ovechkin. "I can not explain" how he didn't score more than one goal.

Russians gon Russian :lol: its almost ridiculous how they always manage to find ways to have friction/always be so individualistic..
woooooooooooowwwwww coach really threw him under lmfaoooo

Never heard it before either, but can't say I'm surprised. I bet kovalchuk and radulov are lauded as pioneers for ditching their contracts/obligations and sticking it to big evil NHL. Insert "in soviet Russia" joke here

I don't think the problem is with guys like that who have NHL talent, its with the rest of the khl'ers.

people think there are quotas.

Would happily accept Ovechkin on Team USA in 2018. :lol:

Homie should just get the ball rolling on that paperwork to become a citizen...

Jeff Marek [emoji]10004[/emoji] @JeffMarek
Follow

CBC's @FriedgeHNIC says Alex Ovechkin the only Russian player willing to speak right after the game. Everyone else went right to the room.

And, of course...two of the biggest tools on NBC had to chime in:

Dan Steinberg [emoji]10004[/emoji] @dcsportsbog
Follow

Roenick on Ovechkin: "In this tournament, he was non-existent." Milbury: "He needs to learn the game, become a student of the game."

I guess Russia bowing out falls solely on the shoulders of #8...

I think it was him and Datsyuk that showed up to answer. Pavel got bombarded with questions.

Words probably can't even explain how devestating this loss is for the Russians. I never expected them to medal, but expectations were through the roof for that team before the tourney began.

*edit*

Just came across this:

The real reason Russia can't win internationally? 26. That's how many Russian skaters have played in the NHL this season (and 4 of those have played fewer than 10 games). From a country with 140 million people. Sweden's got 57 from a population of 9 million.

:wow:

Last edited:
I hated when Kovalchuk left the NHL and "retired" to the KHL. It just shows no allegiance to your team.

Russia lost fair and square. No need to get into a shouting match between Malkin and Ovechkin. Y'all lost! Go save some stray dogs out there in Sochi!

They're just too passive of a team and like Osh said, that defense is disturbing to watch. Especially with a ton of forwards who aren't good both ways.

I never had a huge problem with Kovy leaving and his reasoning. The way he went about it will always rub me the wrong way. He left the Devils in an absolute impossible situation trying to replace him.

I hated when Kovalchuk left the NHL and "retired" to the KHL. It just shows no allegiance to your team.

Russia lost fair and square. No need to get into a shouting match between Malkin and Ovechkin. Y'all lost! Go save some stray dogs out there in Sochi!

wut? this aint college basketball doggy. :lol:

they did the devils a favour getting that cap hit off the books.

anyways

for all the top end forward talent, the back end simply isn't good enough.

They need Zubov's and Gonchar in their prime again, or bring federov back at the blueline. :lol:

Last edited:
Here we go!

USA! USA! USA!

I can see the young blueliners stepping up and chipping in offensively in this one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom