OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I'm also going to begin to look for some apologies to Disco Dan with how the US is playing and the comments on here prior

57 shots and amazing performance by a young Latvian goaltender.

But 3 out of 4 games being like this? Going to be tough against Murica! .

Well that was a lot closer than I thought it would be

Canada-USA again, should be a good game. I am worried about our ability to score though

I'm also going to begin to look for some apologies to Disco Dan with how the US is playing and the comments on here prior

When they win Gold then I'll give Bylsma credit. Simply getting to the Semi's isn't an achievement. The one real contender they played (Russia), outplayed them rather handily. They got extremely lucky to go up against a team today that has no quality goaltender. I'm still worried about his blind confidence in Orpik. I am happy he finally got the FWD lines right though. Although, there is no reason it should have taken 3 games to realize that Brown wasn't working with Kesler/Kane.

great win, but i missed this earlier

eesh. terrible luck on that one

Still really worried about Quick's playing style going against a team as big and skilled as Canada. With how aggressive he his, it leaves him more susceptible to be beat with lateral passes. I just feel a lot more comfortable with a goalie in the net, that plays a little deeper in the crease.

3 Keys to a U.S. victory Friday:
1. Stay out of the box at all costs. The way Doughty/Weber have been blasting it from the point you can't let them have easy set ups for one-timers like they've been getting on the PP.
2. As alluded to earlier, they have to limit Canada's ability to make lateral passes with active sticks in the slot and at the points.
3. Need to get tons of traffic in front of Price and generate more offense from the middle of the offensive zone. There won't be three goal line goals scored on Canada, like they had against the Czechs sub-par tending.

Last edited:
welpitty welp.

I would be more terrified of the Finns, but I would care less, now I gotta go through the stress of losing to Americans. ugh.

Back
Top Bottom