OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

bryzgalov
roll.gif

my god...unacceptable in a playoff game, let alone an elimination game. 8 more years?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

once the amnesty clause is instituted I have no doubt the Flyers owner will buy Bryz out; he will get next year to prove himself 

I've never liked Bryz and that **@$@#! play solidified. Why do I have a feeling that that boneheaded move will cost us this game and thus this series. SMFH I hate that dude

Looks like we gave up already with all these dumb penalties and hits. This game is far from over but we're playing like it is. Wake the +*$% up

Originally Posted by af1 1982

I've never liked Bryz and that **@$@#! play solidified. Why do I have a feeling that that boneheaded move will cost us this game and thus this series. SMFH I hate that dude
can't blame Bryz for this series; he is the only Flyer that even showed up
c ya JVR

time to change my avy...it pains me to look at it 
embarassed.gif

Hey Philly fan, at least you didn't get rolled up by your in-state rival in the first round #sigh

Good series though, now hoping to see NY/NJ, that would be cool

First the flyers, now the phils. 0-2 tonight so far. Not a good night to be a Philly fan. Hopefully the sixers can make it 1-3

flyers fans...as MUCH young talent you guys have...how do you feel bryzo affects your cup chances in the next few years. he wasn't AWFUL...but he was brought in to be the guy that can steal a game, keep a game tied, and make that series or game saving save. he really did none of that. not to mention the number of bunnies he let in throughout both series. as young and talented as the flyers are, i just don't see them as scary with bryzo in the pipes.

i basically wrote that in my blog during the game after that clarkson goal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

flyers fans...as MUCH young talent you guys have...how do you feel bryzo affects your cup chances in the next few years. 

well the way I look at it Bryz has one year and assuming the amnesty clause is instituted then I have NO doubts Ed Snider would exercise it
all he wants to do is win and he isn't getting any younger...he's been chasing the cup since 1976

but I do feel that Bryz will have a bounce year next year

My thing with Bryz is that he will show moments of greatness like in game 4. But then he will show moments where he looks absolutely lost. That goal given up tonight was absolutely unacceptable in an elimination game playoff setting.

And a lot of dudes give him credit it for game 6 against the Pens but there were so many occasions where our defense bailed him out. Our defense won that game, not Bryz. 30+ blocks shows it.

He was lights out in the first half of the season but it seems like he has a focusing problem because a lot of goals going through shouldn't be going through at all. And this past years 24/7 doesn't help his case where he displayed his stupidity. /endrant

He's gotta prove it in the postseason, this is 3 years in a row now he's struggled badly in the playoffs.

time to revamp the defense. I like the core, if someone offered a good young-vertern defenseman then i'll trade jvr. jags, idk, guy hit the wall towards the end. 
as for Bryz...he had his %*% moment but the guy did all he could this series. I don't think Quick or Lundqvist could've saved the flyers with how they were playing.

i also believe he was playing hurt so like still said give him another year healthy and a better defense and we'll see what he can do.

Read this about the goalies that are in/out of the playoffs: 

Bryz 9yrs/51M - Out 

Rinne 7yrs/49M - Out 

Brodeur 1yr/5.2M 

Holtby 2yrs/1.27

Mike Smith 2yrs/4M 
Jon Quick 2yrs/3.6M  

eek.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

time to revamp the defense. I like the core, if someone offered a good young-vertern defenseman then i'll trade jvr. jags, idk, guy hit the wall towards the end. 
as for Bryz...he had his %*% moment but the guy did all he could this series. I don't think Quick or Lundqvist could've saved the flyers with how they were playing.

i also believe he was playing hurt so like still said give him another year healthy and a better defense and we'll see what he can do.

It's like I said after the Flyers eliminated the Pens, no way they were advancing past NJ. Out of every team that made the playoffs the only team that has a worst defense than the Flyers were the Pens. It's going to be a dog fight if the Caps defeat the Rangers and face NJ in the ECF. I believe the Devils will have no problems if they face the Rangers though.

Umm you are nuts if you think jersey would have an easy series against the rangers. That would be a hard fought tough series. They know each other well and both play great defense with great goalies

Dont worry. they thought we were gonna get bumped by the Sens the 1st round
laugh.gif

i dont wanna say anything prediction wise because i dont want to jynx ourselves 

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

laugh.gif

And you got pushed to the brink by the worst team in the playoffs and made Craig Anderson look great.  It's not like the doubt is unwarranted
laugh.gif
.  Fans thought they'd walk through Ottawa and Washington with ease.

It's looking ahead but they struggle against good forechecking and the Devils pummeled Philly with that.  I still think it'd go 7.

We pummeled the Flyers all season we swept them. Only team that the rangers stood absolutely no chance against was Pitt

Barry melrose said the rangers would beat the sens in 7 and he was right so don't jump off a cliff yet doubleJ

Please get this damn win rangers

Yea you did. Devils pummeled them 5 consecutive games with forechecking, depth and defense. Two of those where they're supposed to be better than 90% of the league. Regular season doesn't mean anything when it comes to predicting the postseason.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

laugh.gif

And you got pushed to the brink by the worst team in the playoffs and made Craig Anderson look great.  It's not like the doubt is unwarranted
laugh.gif
.  Fans thought they'd walk through Ottawa and Washington with ease.

It's looking ahead but they struggle against good forechecking and the Devils pummeled Philly with that.  I still think it'd go 7.
Wash caps are playing just as good defense as the devils right now. And ranger type defense which you shbould know u lil sports guru, right?
laugh.gif

Holtby is arguably the hottest goal tender in the offs right now.
Craig Anderson looked great because of it? or because he did play solid? Please.

And WHAT DOES IT MATTER ? Its the nature of the playoffs who cares about perdictions when all that maters if the team continues to advance? 
grin.gif

By thee worst huh? And the panthers werent? OH. ok.

Back
Top Bottom