OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Bro, why the hell do you always get so emotional and go to name calling whenever you get called out on something or even into a discussion?
laugh.gif
it blows my mind every time it happens.

Washington is not playing better defense than the Devils. Just you saying that I know you haven't watched a minute of the Philly/NJD series. Washington is still allowing more shots and more scoring chances and getting bailed out by Holtby. The Devils shut that offense down with their forechecking and defense. Kept the shots to a minimum and never let them keep sustained coverage in their zone. The good scoring chances for Philly were far apart. Keep them from playing the game they wanted, Rangers are playing the Caps game.

Yea Holtby could be the hottest goalie in the East right now. Anderson, a goalie who has never looked good in a starting role and always needs a high octane offense in front of him to succeed, should have not been able to keep the Rangers off balance like that. So what, should I blame it on your lack of scoring depth or the fact that your biggest star is pulling his best Patrick Marleau impression?

It does matter when your team is picked among the two or three to win the Cup. And you may be right, Florida is probably better than Ottawa. But the hype job and the regular season dominance of the Rangers made them a Cup favorite, not supposed to struggle badly against those kinda teams. Devils are.

laugh.gif
lil sports guru, if you got something to say about the way I post or how I sound when I post or anything else please come out and say it.

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Dont worry. they thought we were gonna get bumped by the Sens the 1st round
laugh.gif

i dont wanna say anything prediction wise because i dont want to jynx ourselves 

It was known that the Sens were a good match-up for the Rangers. I can't speak for Pro or WW, but I predicted the Sens would upset the Rangers in the first round. I myself am enjoying the games even though the Hawks were an early exit. I am pulling for the Caps tonight and would love to see a game 7 go multiple OT's.

I mean the rangers werent smashing the crap out of teams during the season. Us Having trouble should be expected. We have had a terrible pp all year and we have won those grind it close games.

I mean teams dont usually have it easy in the playoffs in hockey. 94 was a giant struggle and that team was much better so i dont worry about that

Originally Posted by DubA169

I mean the rangers werent smashing the crap out of teams during the season. Us Having trouble should be expected. We have had a terrible pp all year and we have won those grind it close games.

I mean teams dont usually have it easy in the playoffs in hockey. 94 was a giant struggle and that team was much better so i dont worry about that
There you go, Bobby. Sums it up.
And i dont agree. A Team with Spezza, Alfredsson, Karlsson, & guys who emerged in th series like chris neil for the sens >>>> Weiss & the Florida Panthers. 
laugh.gif

So i dont see how the Sens were the worst team in the playoffs. And you should know how unpredictable the playoffs are and yet you still bring up ppls perdicitions.

Ok? And Holtby is a essentially a rookie? Who thought he'd be wall for the Caps against the defending cup champs & now us. And we are not high flying offense yet we find ways to win games. Isnt that what good teams do? Right. How a guy like Mike Smith who has gone through ups and downs in his career comes in a performs and shuts down the preds & hawks? I dont get that argument.

The devils are barely scoring on mediocre tenders like Theodore whos best days have been long past him and Bryz.. well we all know about bryz..

And i rather this team continue to be tested and continue to prevail.

not to jump in, but i wouldn't say the devils are BARELY scoring goals. 3 or 4 goals a game in the playoffs isn't bad at all. again, you're going up against playoff teams. that's solid goal scoring imo. the flyers and pens series was a huge anomaly in terms of playoff offense.

And once they've opened up the two goal leads on Philly, they've stopped pressing as much and started preventing. Plus, look at game 4 Bryz was standing on his head. That game could have easily been 6 or 7 to 2 without him. Bryz played considerably better this series.

Some of there 2+ goal games were empty netters..

But you right but the point i was trying to make is that it wont be no breeze for them offensively either when they go up against the KING or Holtby.

I dont understand how they saying. Jersey might as well be handed the series.

It's the nature of the sport, a lopsided series changes the opinion of the majority. Look at LA, a lot of folks have them penciled as the favorites for the Cup now.

Originally Posted by Proshares

It's the nature of the sport, a lopsided series changes the opinion of the majority. Look at LA, a lot of folks have them penciled as the favorites for the Cup now.

and the Flyers were the favs after beating the Pens; the NHL playoffs are unpredictable
I mean two years ago you have a 7 vs 8 for the cup 

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Nobody in their right mind had the Flyers favored to win the cup after they beat Pittsburgh
roll.gif

Vegas had the Flyers and Rangers with the same odds to go to the cup and win it coming out of the Eastern Conf. at 9:2
Blues were 15:4 favs from the West 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Nobody in their right mind had the Flyers favored to win the cup after they beat Pittsburgh
roll.gif

Vegas had the Flyers and Rangers with the same odds to go to the cup and win it coming out of the Eastern Conf. at 9:2
The Blues-Kings series was a legitimate surprise. Personally, I thought it would be A LOT closer.

On the other hand, despite the momentum the Flyers had coming out of round 1 (at it was easy to get caught up in), they had obvious issues defensively. Indeed, arguably the only reason they defeated the Pens was because MAF was an absolute sieve. No team can go to the Stanley Cup playing as poorly on defense as the Flyers did in the ECQF and ECSF. The only hope the Flyers had of moving past the Devils was the geriatric Brodeur breaking down in manner similar to Fleury (and as Marty had in previous years).

Consider the other potential round 2 scenario for the Flyers. If the Bruins had advanced past the Capitals, Philadelphia would have faced the Bruins in a 2-5 match-up and lost in similar manner as they did to NJD.

Bottom line, the Flyers: (a) lack a solid D corps without Pronger; (b) forced to rely on Bryz; and (c) inexperienced (see disappearing acts of Couturier, JVR, Schenn, Read, and to some degree, Giroux in round 2). I suspect they'll learn from the experience, and be better next year.

EDIT: Typed 3-5 instead of 2-5.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

I think it's going to be Kings vs NJ.

Washington wins tonight.

Co-sign

This is how I'm feeling as well. Unless Henrik really steps it up and takes control...ala Tim Douche Thomas last year

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by StillIn729

roll.gif

The Blues-Kings series was a legitimate surprise. Personally, I thought it would be A LOT closer.

On the other hand, despite the momentum the Flyers had coming out of round 1 (at it was easy to get caught up in), they had obvious issues defensively. Indeed, arguably the only reason they defeated the Pens was because MAF was an absolute sieve. No team can go to the Stanley Cup playing as poorly on defense as the Flyers did in the ECQF and ECSF. The only hope the Flyers had of moving past the Devils was the geriatric Brodeur breaking down in manner similar to Fleury (and as Marty had in previous years).

Consider the other potential round 2 scenario for the Flyers. If the Bruins had advanced past the Capitals, Philadelphia would have faced the Bruins in a 2-5 match-up and lost in similar manner as they did to NJD.

Bottom line, the Flyers: (a) lack a solid D corps without Pronger; (b) forced to rely on Bryz; and (c) inexperienced (see disappearing acts of Couturier, JVR, Schenn, Read, and to some degree, Giroux in round 2). I suspect they'll learn from the experience, and be better next year.

EDIT: Typed 3-5 instead of 2-5.
I'm not questioning any of that; I am simply stating the Vegas odds as favorites after the first round 

Maybe it's just me Stillin, but I don't value anything Vegas has to say when it comes to Hockey.

I feel you; I feel like the only thing they are ever right on is the NFL or somewhat consistent 

I need the Rangers to win the cup...I will win my hockey playoff pool for $1000
I figured this would go 7 games which it looks like it will...damn that Ovy shot was 
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom