OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I really wanna get a custom fitted skate done for myself but there's a 100+ up charge on top of the already necessary 700+ dollar skate. Since they only offer custom fitted boots/skates for top of the line models. At least Bauer does.

It'll be a while before I invest in that though.

My wife can't believe the cost of goalie gear. I get away with it for 2 reasons

1. I never have to pay to play so I'm saving 300 bucks each session
2. I don't get the most expensive stuff so it doesn't look as bad relative to the 'top' equip

My son wants to play hockey and I told him I'll sign him up but he gotta stick with it plus it's expensive on the pockets. He fell in love with the game just like I did at his age which makes me happy as a father and also can't wait for Leafs hockey tonight 

My wife can't believe the cost of goalie gear. I get away with it for 2 reasons

1. I never have to pay to play so I'm saving 300 bucks each session
2. I don't get the most expensive stuff so it doesn't look as bad relative to the 'top' equip
I was curious a couple seasons ago, as I played rep as a goalie up until 12, to see what the cost for a new set of pads would be to play mens league.

$1500 
eek.gif
and those were mid level pads! 

Blocker and Catcher around $400-$500 each. 

I decided indoor soccer was a better option if I wanted to buy a house. 
laugh.gif

@Deadsetace

It's STEEP. But if you have dumb wide / flat feet like myself, in addition to have having one foot longer than the other by like a half inch and a variety of other factors, it can be a wise investment if you don't wanna struggle through foot pains while skating and plan on playing consistentantly. Plus you get the latest tech and youd get longevity.

But, if you have "regular"/ non weird feet then it doesn't make any sense for one to drop a G on skates. Or if you have many expenses to begin with.

I'm in no position to purchase a custom skate though. But maybe after graduation and a few "real" paychecks in me... I may treat myself to a pair.

Goalie costs :x

I was curious a couple seasons ago, as I played rep as a goalie up until 12, to see what the cost for a new set of pads would be to play mens league.

$1500 :wow: and those were mid level pads! 

Blocker and Catcher around $400-$500 each. 

I decided indoor soccer was a better option if I wanted to buy a house. :lol:

:lol:

Yeah I have to search constantly for deals to make it work. I look around sites probably once a week at work for a good hour. I wear mostly mid level pads except for the helmet and I have a pretty good C/A since I noticed a quality difference on those and also felt more pain if they weren't up to par :lol:

I was really hoping Datsyuk/Zetterberg would be healthy
mean.gif
it's amazing that they played something less than 30 games together last year, Howard played like garbage the first half and they still managed 93 points. Gonna be a dog fight between Boston/MTL/TB.

Looch is still on the **** list though
laugh.gif
hate that it had to be him.
same feelings man. I hope the team stays healthier this year, but even with good health, I dont see the Wings breaking into the top half of the conference. I think we're destined for another year of the playoff streak, but we'll get bounced in the first or second round.

I think Howie will improve though. We really need him to develop into a great goalie to have a chance at a cup run in the next couple seasons.
I'm already penciling in the Flyers for a lottery pick
I think that's a little harsh
laugh.gif
I actually think you guys will make the playoffs
@ChampCruThik 2 minutes, unsportsmanlike conduct....

We're testy in here...
laugh.gif
I love it
pimp.gif
so many hot takes
laugh.gif

Also, possibly the most self-congratulatory shade I've ever seen hahaa
For you guys that okay what are your go to brands? I found I don't like any Rbk stuff (goalie gear at least)
I've bounced around between all sorts of gear, but I really like reebok helmets, CCM gloves, and Easton sticks (mainly cause I tend to find them for good prices)

Cool to see so many other guys in here play hockey tho!
I really wanna get a custom fitted skate done for myself but there's a 100+ up charge on top of the already necessary 700+ dollar skate. Since they only offer custom fitted boots/skates for top of the line models. At least Bauer does.

It'll be a while before I invest in that though.
Good god. That's steep

But hey, if you have the money, its important to keep those feet happy!

Let's go Flames :D
Not sure if Bennett will get to play this home opener because of a shoulder injury :frown:

Graf for skates. Accept no substitutes.

Also, to the Ducks fan a few pages back, send your jersey to Exclusive Pro Sports. They do custom work for a number of NHL teams.

Last edited:
Miami alum scores the final goal of 2013 season and first of 2014. Flair gifs all around!

Last edited:
Nevermind it was the second goal this year. Being down flair gifs, put up depressed fans pic from wrestlemania and Takers loss

Back
Top Bottom