OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

@TheeNorthStar:
Let's settle this feud once and for all. I don't start beef, but I'll finish it. Point blank, you're annoying and I'm not the only NT hockey regular that feels this way. You cling to my genitalia like a baby to their mother's bosom. If anything, your act is wearing thin. Feels more like you're the attention-seeker, throwing unprovoked shade in the corner to gain notice. I'd have more respect, if you didn't root for 3 teams in each conference.

Your first point, negated. @GUNNA GET IT constantly big-ups Anthony Duclair. @Solemate96 "only" chimes in about the B's. jjs07 jjs07 provides Washington updates on the regular. Do you take issue with any of them? No, you shouldn't. It's a public forum. We speak to what resonates to and for us. There's not much Edmonton support on NT, I like discussing their youthful talent. It does you no harm. More importantly, I hype Jones and Nurse because there's an underwhelming amount of African-Americans in the sport of professional hockey. It bothers me, and I speak my mind. Deal with it.

Your second point, truthfully you're the only person that has ever expressed feeling that way. It might just be you, bro. I've been on NT over a decade, and the last thing I've been called is an elitist, or faux analyst. I'm one of the few posters that consistently accepts being wrong. Just last night, I admitted to picking the Royals against the A's and Angels. Just last night, I conceded I may be wrong about Russell Wilson's ceiling as a franchise QB in relation to Kaep and Luck. I honestly believe you have an aversion to my style, purely because I speak and write well. It's not an attempt to sound intelligent, I enjoy the power of words and projecting eloquence.

Your third point, I scoff at constant approval. I have the wildest sports opinions on all of NT. I picked the Dolphins and Titans to make the playoffs, and supported why with detailed explanation. The last representation of me that will ever exist, is fear of being wrong or appeasing the masses.

Your final point, "money where my mouth is." Bet? I don't trust you enough to honor any wager. Fight? Edmonton Oilers have a better chance of winning the Cup than you against me.

Lastly, I don't care to block you. Carry on with your life, this is my concluding post addressing you. My decade on NT has been highlighted by good-natured fun and providing the best available sports knowledge available to me through accumulation of observation and analysis. I've been providing countless hours of my time and effort in the fantasy football thread for multiple years, at no cost or expectation for reciprocity. I've made a habit of regular presence in the birthday thread as well. There's a reason I'm more well-liked than you on this board, I'll let you figure out why.

Last edited:
Guys, don't hate me - but I just personally like Stamkos over Ovechkin. That's why second pick shrug

My wants for the Flames are to finish top 5 in the draft again, but with the acquisition of a goalie who can actually stop pucks, probably not.
I would like to see the young guys keep improving this season. I was little surprised that guys like Jooris were cut and again Baertschi cut. I really hope this doesn't ruin Sven's confidence, but he does look better out there. This team is going to throw big bodies on you if you come and try to mess with the youngsters/skilled players. The defense is going to be interesting. Giordano and TJ Brodie will be the bright spots. I need to pick up Brodie for fantasy. Sad to see Wotherspoon not making this team yet, but Kris Russell has shown some promise. I will lulz hard if I see Smid and Engelland play together.

The true winner of tomorrow's game will be Empire. Who will check the score, laugh, and then continue playing anime games. Because of that, I envy him.

^ Happy to trade Giordano if you're interested. Nothing wrong with the "Stammer" selection, I had it easy at #3. Just take whoever fell from you between Stamkos or "Ovi."

Bad job by me not to secure Nick Backstrom, worst blunder of the draft. 6th round? Steal of the entire process. He's going to be a top-30 fantasy player, IMO.

You can both can keep them lol. I already have Monahan so I'm happy, if I can get Brodie as back up, don't know why I took Ekblad :smh:

You can both can keep them lol. I already have Monahan so I'm happy, if I can get Brodie as back up, don't know why I took Ekblad :smh:

:lol: word

Sos...how can i fleece you for Johnny Hockey? :nerd:
Willing to move Tavares for a sizable package, or don't laugh even Lu?

JT not available but definitely will consider offers for Lu. the sooner i can get that POS ex-canuck diver off my team the better...

you hear that ESF? :lol:

Can't wait for the start of the season :pimp:

As far as expectations go, I have none. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment :lol:
In my heart I want to believe that this is the year some of our younger guys put it all together and Paul Maurice can get this team playing to its potential and we can sneak into the playoffs but realistically its not going to happen.
I'm excited to see the Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler line in action, they've gotten better each game in the preseason and in our last game they were flat out dominant at times. Jacob Trouba should take another step forward and build off of a great rookie season, he has the potential to be one of the best d-man in the league in a couple years. But once again our season will come down the goaltending :smh: maybe Pavelec can get his #*%^ together and look like a decent goalie but chances of that are slim

So looks like another year of no playoffs for the Jets :smh:

Last edited:
P proshares hey dude... champcruthik champcruthik and i just agreed to a trade. any chance you can put it through tonight so we have players available for tomorrow? champ...assuming you're OK with that?
100% on board. Pleasure doing business, my friend. Hope Gibson prospers, which I believe he will in Anaheim despite the minuscule sample size.

hawkflight6 hawkflight6 :
I need/want 60 points from Evander Kane this season. Please.

Ovi is a good dude.
I'm not a fantasy hockey player at all (although I need to start, most likely next season), but is Stamkos really going over Ovechkin at #2? What are the standard categories for scoring?

havent played in a year or two, but IIRC standard is goals, assists, +/-, PPP, PIM (might be one more im missing, shots?)

and goalies wins, goals against, saves, save %, shutouts

^ Man I hope Trouba does flourish. He reminds me of Zach Bogosian, but actually fulfilling his potential. Still early to say Bogo is a bust, hope he gets back on track.

^ Man I hope Trouba does flourish. He reminds me of Zach Bogosian, but actually fulfilling his potential. Still early to say Bogo is a bust, hope he gets back on track.

I know, everyone says d-men take longer to develop but this will be Bogo's 7th NHL season so hopefully he can start living up to some of that potential. Last year was not a good one for him, he battled injuries and struggled a lot when he was healthy. And needless to say you won't find anyone in Winnipeg that doesn't love Trouba- he's going to be a very good player for a very long time

champcruthik champcruthik we are on the same page :lol: hoping for a big year from Evander. And I think he will do it now that he has consistent (and good) linemates to play with

champcruthik champcruthik 2 minutes, unsportsmanlike conduct....

We're testy in here... :lol: I love it :pimp:
Hockey is here, my friend. Don't flex often but when I do, I make sure people notice.

Neither of your guys are going tomorrow, so I'm going to leave it out there until the AM just in case someone is opposed to it. I'm going to put it through but just to be fair if that works.

Can't believe I just traded FOR Roberto Luongo. Got forward heavy with Sharp and "Z." All that and forgot to nab Backstrom, dammit.

You can both can keep them lol. I already have Monahan so I'm happy, if I can get Brodie as back up, don't know why I took Ekblad
mean.gif
laugh.gif
word

Sos...how can i fleece you for Johnny Hockey?
nerd.gif
Willing to move Tavares for a sizable package, or don't laugh even Lu?
JT not available but definitely will consider offers for Lu. the sooner i can get that POS ex-canuck diver off my team the better...

you hear that ESF?
laugh.gif
Definitely not insanely right wing or borderline psychotic enough for you. 

I'll see if I can scoop TT off of whatever civil war reenactment he is doing now to be my 4th goaltender. 

Back
Top Bottom