OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Antoine Roussel wants something like $2.35M and the Stars are supposedly trying to get him at around $1.15M. He's gotta end up somewhere closer to Garbutt at about $1.8M.

Last edited:
My wings get no love in here :smh: Anyways, the new stadium renderings were released earlier:

:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

depending on the definition of breakout, expect these guys to REALLY shine for the majority of the year next season:

Tomas Hertl
Dougie Hamilton
Alex Galchenyuk
Valeri Nichushkin

I saw Derek Dorsett on Saturday. I was wasted and offered to buy him a drink. He ended up buying me a drink and chose to drink water.

Off this alone, 50+ goals this year.

not really breakout but continue improving from last year:
Flames

Mikael Backlund - to continue his conquest to become Bergeron Lite.
TJ Brodie
Joe Colbourne
Sean Monahan

The players I'm watching if they make the roster:
Johnny Gaudreau
Tyler Wotherspoon
Kenny Agostino
Sven Baertschi - needs a breakout off-season to even crack the roster again. :smh: He should be there playing with Sean
Patrick Sieloff, mostly out of the season due to a nasty staph-infection but I like his style and should do well in AHL

Last edited:
Breakout players for 2014-2015

Alec Martinez - kid has game and is a great defenseman to offset DD

Nick Leddy - Good smooth skating defenseman that will take the reins a little more on Chicago's back-end

Dougie Hamilton - Gotta agree with DSA on this one. I watch him on the regular basis and I expect a jump from him. I can see him taking a more leadership role and Chara giving him this.

All of Tampa Bay's D - Victor Hedman is a stud but I expect him to be even better. Stralman was a good pickup and he will probably have more points than he did in NYR. I don't like Matt Carle and think he is a liability in his own end so he doesn't count. I like Barberio and Gudas is just my boy.

Jason Spezza - I know you guys know he is established but watch him put up monster numbers when he's on the PP with Seguin and Benn :x

Brendan Gallagher - Love the kids game and he is going to have a lot more responsibility

Buffalo Sabres - I don't know about you but they are scary. Good size on the back end and fast upfront. They are my dark horse team to make some noise. They are going to be really good maybe not this year but watch out for them.

Nice of the artist to not have any of the surrounding buildings bombed out and dilapidated. 
Isn't that new arena being built on a huge vacant lot? I believe those renderings are not only of the new arena, but all of the new buildings that will also be built which will surround it. Can any MI nt'er confirm this?

Valeri Nichushkin
He's finally living on his own now after living with a "foster family" for the first year. Hopefully that level of comfort translates on the ice as well.

The Stars and Roussel avoid arbitration with a 4 year, $8M contract that is backloaded. Probably not a bad deal to have him around $2.3M four years down the road if he keeps progressing.

To answer my own question, no reason Gallagher can't bag 20 goals next season. I'd like to see Voynov eclipse 45-50 points on the season. Yakupov will only flourish with a change of scenery away from Edmonton. Seth Jones an easy or popular candidate.

Flames sign Sam Bennett :D I see him playing preseason and the minimum amount in NHL before being sent down to Adirondack.

Wings fan here. And that new stadium is gonna be so dope. Glad I made it to the Joe before it's gone.

And yeah, haven't been posting much cause our offseason has been awful.

Last edited:
started planning my annual road trip to catch the bruins on 2-3 games with my best friend. looking at ONE the following:

October: Wings, Habs, and Sabres
November: Leafs, Habs
January: Stars, Avs
February: Blues, Hawks

definitely want to catch a game at the Joe before it closes, but that's not happening for a couple years still, right? we're leaning towards the January or February trips. we're doing that whole, "watch your team play in every opposing arena" thing. there's a couple monster west coast trips that would be awesome but doesn't work out this year with deadlines at work.

Back
Top Bottom