OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

The missed interference was ridiculous, free goal just handed.

Nothing to be ashamed about losing two OT games on the road, just take care of business at home.

I wouldn't say it was choking tonight. I mean if that's the case the Blackhawks choked a bunch. The Kings are a fast team that can score goals quickly and in bunches. That goalie interference no call was trash tho. No excuses since the Rangers had some nice looks down the stretch. Gotta execute and be more assertive.

Last edited:
Boyle forced another penalty that want called just before the he ot goal. That puck went straight into the stands.

Brad Richard on the point of the power play is just simply comedy now. [emoji]128584[/emoji] :smh:

I'm all Richards getting another healthy scratch for the next two games.

No excuses tho, CK20 had the game winner on his tape twice. Post on one and break away he fired a shot off blocker. Why no deke or drag to backhand and roof it.

O yea zuccs missed one too, he is playing out of his mind tho!

Refs were absolutely atrocious, but not making an excuse. We should've won both of these games, we just keep losing the 3rd period. This series isnt over by any means.

My guy Zuc, and McDonagh have showed me something. Dudes are playing out of their minds.

You're never in trouble til you lose on home ice. Rangers gotta use that mindset and just play and feed off the energy.

I couldn't watch the game last night but I kept up with it on my phone. The kings yet again rally to a comeback win.

The missed interference was ridiculous, free goal just handed.

Nothing to be ashamed about losing two OT games on the road, just take care of business at home.
I do think the refs could have easily called interference on King but I also think that there was a lot of contact made by McDonaugh pushing him into the goalie. The more I watched the replay the more 50/50 feel I got on the no-call. It's not like King initiated the contact with Henrik, King had a right to be in the crease too. Not a robbery by any means IMO.

Last edited:
I do think the refs could have easily called interference on King but I also think that there was a lot of contact made by McDonaugh pushing him into the goalie. The more I watched the replay the more 50/50 feel I got on the no-call. It's not like King initiated the contact with Henrik, King had a right to be in the crease too. Not a robbery by any means IMO.
69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgment of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review.

Henrik was still in the blue area. They called Interference on Pouliot the previous period that looked a lot less worse (it was still interference) than what happened on that particular play. Like I said, not making an excuse, we still shouldve won, but not doubt that non-call had a huge impact on the game.

First and foremost I would like to apologize to all of the Rangers fans on this board. The Rangers do deserve to be in the SC Finals and are clearly a worthy opponent. I know I did my fair amount of trash talking, but I have the utmost respect for the Rangers and the performance they have demonstrated in the first two games. I know I was saying sweep before the series started, but I can see this thing going 7 now. I expect the Rangers to feed off the home ice energy in game 3 & 4 and tie this thing up. This series should be one for the ages.

Henrik was still in the blue area. They called Interference on Pouliot the previous period that looked a lot less worse (it was still interference) than what happened on that particular play. Like I said, not making an excuse, we still shouldve won, but not doubt that non-call had a huge impact on the game.
Respect on not making any excuses. I still feel it was a 50/50 call so naturally I also understand if people, especially Ranger fans are frustrated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom