OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

That's the Ryan Miller before the concussion who was the best in the league.

I still don't understand why the Rangers didn't play Biron tonight and Henrik last night, that being a divisional/playoff matchup. Maybe they didn't want Biron to be emotional
laugh.gif

20% off today on NHL.com

Ive been toying around with the custom hoodies for a while. Might have to pull the trigger since they arent excluded for the 20% off
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sosly

lols at Columbus: 3rd Period -19:59 Doughty scores game winner, 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Got a little help from the timekeeper.

In other news, Nyjer Morgan rekindled his hockey roots with SJ yesterday:

morgan-skating-in_slide.jpg

morgan-talking-to-thornton_slide.jpg

new-morgan-celebrates_slide.jpg

What a freakin' game.  Shouldn't have been that dramatic in the first place, Kings should have taken care of Columbus. 
I can see why the time keeper flinched on the play, the puck was in the air for a second.   
laugh.gif

Luckily, I had a front row seat for the controversial play...
dvoepy.jpg

The winning face-off...

70gz0k.jpg

nice pics FB...awesome seats

on a related note:

"Those clocks are sophisticated instruments that calculate time by measuring electrical charges called coulombs -- given the rapidity and volume of electrons that move through the measuring device the calibrator must adjust at certain points which was the delay you see -- the delay is just recalibrating for the clock moving too quickly during the 10 - 10ths of a second before the delay -- this insures that the actual playing time during a period is exactly 20 minutes That is not an opinion -- that is science -- amazing devise quite frankly."
dean lombardi
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i wonder if he believes this. that said, i dont think anyone would have the gall to screw with the clock like that, especially since its not like you can determine the outcome by just doing that.

edit: i didnt catch it live...but im sure they called to Toronto to confirm no? surely they wouldve caught the time there

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

are we forgetting who Toews plays with?

If that's the argument, then we'll have to agree to disagree.  If we start dropping rankings because of how good their linemates are then we'll be dropping a lot of players?

Doesn't Stamkos drop because he's played with two amazing playmakers?
Don't Backstrom/Ovie drop because they have each other that play into their indivdual strengths?
Doesn't Giroux drop because Hartnell is having a career year putting goals in the net?
Doesn't Malkin drop a bit because Neal is having a career year with goals and scoring at will on the PP?
Same can go for the Sedins playing on the same line, Datsyuk, etc...

no. there shouldnt be a debate here.. stamkos never plays with vinny and has played with marty less than 40% of the time this yr b/c the coaching staff was smart enough to realize stammer needs to find his own idenity apart from playing with st louis.

Ovi wasnt mentioned cuz he sux now that hes fat and off the juice...

jus
laugh.gif
at the thought of hartnell being mentioned with Kane, Hossa, etc.

and Malkin...
laugh.gif

ur reaching bro... Toews clearly has MUCH BETTER linemattes than the rest of players mentioned.
tongue.gif

Edit:Nyjer Morgan is one of three players in the whole MLB i like (Griffey, McCutcheon)

laugh.gif
then we agree to disagree I suppose.

Devils got really lucky tonight, Kovy should have gotten a hooking call "forcing" that TO for the GWG goal.

Jets win 2-1 in OT over Tampa
pimp.gif

Dustin Byfuglien returned after missing over a month with injury and he looked good

Sam Gagner
eek.gif
4 goals, 4 assists on 8 Oilers goals
He ties the Oilers franchise record with a couple guys named Gretzky and Coffey so not a bad game

^SAM GAGNER!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

4G 4A in an 8-4 win

just got back from the game........HE PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK DOE

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Sam Gagner
eek.gif
4 goals, 4 assists on 8 Oilers goals
He ties the Oilers franchise record with a couple guys named Gretzky and Coffey so not a bad game
yea he was OK tonight...
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by frink85
Thanks man.   There was a 2-3 minute delay while the refs called Toronto.  They confirmed that it was good.  
It's happened a few times this season already, with the clock pausing for a brief second at the end of the games. 

On another note.... Sam Gagner.  Another player the Kings passed on in the 2007 draft 
30t6p3b.gif

Solid win for the Wings last night in Vancouver.
pimp.gif
 @ Pasha & Hudler making Luongo look foolish in the shootout. 
ohwell.gif
 @ Howard breaking a finger.

Back
Top Bottom