OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really wish they had evaluated fighting off the NK at the Eyrie. Maybe budget concerns got in the way of making that happen, but I think that was their best move and could have made the show a LOT more interesting.

They should've dealt with Cersei in S7 and we should have gotten The Great War that we deserved.

That whole "we need to bring Cersei a wight to prove the white walkers are real" thing was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in TV.

Go to King's Landing and take her *** out along with Bam.

The Golden Company is a damn mercenary army, they aren't loyal to Cersei.

Now we can have the actual war play out that they hyped up for 8 years and if you wanna have Jon/Dany fight over who gets the throne afterwards go ahead.

We should've had 3 Dragon Dany featuring Aegon vs. The Army of the Dead.

Instead we get this trash.

I'm still sick at this loser Bam taking out a dragon with ease.

They should've dealt with Cersei in S7 and we should have gotten The Great War that we deserved.

That whole "we need to bring Cersei a wight to prove the white walkers are real" thing was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in TV.

Go to King's Landing and take her *** out along with Bam.

The Golden Company is a damn mercenary army, they aren't loyal to Cersei.

Now we can have the actual war play out that they hyped up for 8 years and if you wanna have Jon/Dany fight over who gets the throne afterwards go ahead.

We should've had 3 Dragon Dany featuring Aegon vs. The Army of the Dead.

Instead we get this trash.

I'm still sick at this loser Bam taking out a dragon with ease.
I understand the throne being what this show is really about but they botched the throne so badly this year that I don’t care anymore. Muchbrather see what you outlined because of how ****** last night was.

You still could've had throne drama after The Great War was over.

The thing w/ Cersei still being around is that they've dumbed down every ******* character on the show to make her seem even smarter than she is.

It's garbage.

There's 2 episodes left and somehow Cersei has remained undefeated this entire time.

Makes zero sense to me.

giphy.gif

My favorite scene/line in the episode was when Bronn says that he wants to be Lord of Highgarden, Jaime scoffs at him, and he replies that every great House was started by a hard man who swindled and killed more than the rest. What was especially fitting about that line is that it was directed to Jaime and Tyrion because House Lannister was founded by a man named Lann the Clever who scammed Lord Casterly out of Casterly Rock.

For the people bashing the bashers of this season. it's not because we think the show is doing too much fan service. It's when you take 6-7 seasons of building up characters' personalities, you don't just break them out of character in a matter of minutes.

THIS ! I don't know why people keep acting like we're complaining just to complain. I love this show, it's amazing .....but the writing has issues and has declined drastically.

When the creator (GRRM) of the story isn't doing any promo, has been pretty much silent about the last season of his work, and the show runners (D&D) openly say they only made certain decisions to subvert expectations....that says a lot right there.

The eyrie is too far south. NK would have possibly doubled his army

Look how far apart they are
45B6763B-AAE1-4B58-A549-9FD414733930.jpeg
The scale on these maps is a little crazy, I was looking at another one earlier that had them a tiny bit closer together.

Regardless, I think there's more to consider here. Assuming Bran had told Jon a bit earlier that the Night King was coming after him (not sure why this only came up the night before the siege in the show), there's a possibility that the Winterfell squad could have taken two actions: 1) divert all women, children and non-essential non-combatants west toward Deepwood Motte and 2) take the rest of the forces south to defend at the Eyrie. My understanding is that the NK knew where Bran was at all times because he had marked him - if Bran travels south with the combat forces then NK's attention is diverted away from the non-combatants and toward the south. Getting the non-combatants out of the way is essential for a couple of reasons: 1) so that the non-combatants can afford to be more offensive rather than purely in protective mode and 2) non-combatants would severely slow the marching progress of the military force, which could likely outpace the dead to reach the Eyrie given their headstart (the issue would be that Tormund, Beric, et al would have had to catch up and likely would've ended up stuck behind the NK's forces).

The Eyrie has the best natural defenses against a swarming invasion of the dead than any other location outside of the islands. The Bloody Gate would have been an effective funneling mechanism to allow highly effective dragon fire offensives and other one-against-many tactics. If they were to actually think tactically (as opposed to whatever happened in BoW) then they would have been able to launch a highly effective defense with many less casualties.

"Sansa is the smartest person I know" has been getting more and more ridiculous with each episode. She gave that whole lecture about family and then IMMEDIATELY betrayed Jon by revealing his secret. The @#$@ ???
She did it because she trying to get Dany out the paint tho :lol:. I wouldn't be shocked if she sent cersei ravens letting her know Dany headed to dragonstone so they can ambush her ***. Dany only had her men none of the north

My favorite scene/line in the episode was when Bronn says that he wants to be Lord of Highgarden, Jaime scoffs at him, and he replies that every great House was started by a hard man who swindled and killed more than the rest. What was especially fitting about that line is that it was directed to Jaime and Tyrion because House Lannister was founded by a man named Lann the Clever who scammed Lord Casterly out of Casterly Rock.
that was the actual point of him saying it....................

For the people bashing the bashers of this season. it's not because we think the show is doing too much fan service. It's when you take 6-7 seasons of building up characters' personalities, you don't just break them out of character in a matter of minutes.

Cersei is the same demon who blew up the Tyrells which led to his son's suicide. The ***** is the definition of pure evil. And now you have this same devil looking at the brother she hates, and the same brother she believes killed his son, listening to his plea of surrender instead of drilling the fool with 1000 arrows. The ***** could've ended the whole thing right there.

Then you got a pointless banquet scene which sets up Jamie smashing Breanne, whose romance has been broiling for seasons. The same Jamie who ditched his sister and fought for the North, decided to stay despite knowing everyone's plans to go to war with Cersei, but suddenly turns into the old Jamie to go save his sister. Maybe he's plotting to kill her, maybe not, but this whole thing is so damn rushed.

I didn’t interpret that scene as Jaime going to save Cersei, he sounded like he was going to kill her

She did it because she trying to get Dany out the paint tho :lol:. I wouldn't be shocked if she sent cersei ravens letting her know Dany headed to dragonstone so they can ambush her ***. Dany only had her men none of the north

Maybe, but then Cersei and her 20K Golden Company would absolutely crush the North. The only thing that's preventing Cersei from attacking the North right now is the threat of a dragon, Unsullied, and Dothraki (how are there still 50% of them left :lol: ). So either way Sansa is an idiot

yo be careful out there i dunno if it’s been said

someone posted leaks that i thought were just for episode 4 and for whatever reason i wanted to fact check (i’m an idiot). it had 2 things that happened in last nights episode

and i read how it supposedly ends

but nothing in between

Back
Top Bottom