OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has Sansa proudly saying "I'd still be a little bird if I hadn't been raped/tortured" been discussed here yet?
No yet, but I was taken aback by that a little. It came off as "rape makes women stronger", and so it is somehow a net positive. I get the point they were trying to make but the writing was weird in that scene.

I mean she said if it weren't for those dudes she would still be a little bird. Not the rape and torture specifically.

No yet, but I was taken aback by that a little. It came off as "rape makes women stronger". I get the point they were trying to make but the writing was weird in that scene.

Yeah, I understand that she's trying to say "I've been through so much; I'm a survivor who's been hardened by her experiences" but her smiling and talking about it as if it was some achievement was cringeworthy

I really wish they had evaluated fighting off the NK at the Eyrie. Maybe budget concerns got in the way of making that happen, but I think that was their best move and could have made the show a LOT more interesting.

Yeah, I understand that she's trying to say "I've been through so much; I'm a survivor who's been hardened by her experiences" but her smiling and talking about it as if it was some achievement was cringeworthy
Yep

Especially since the Hound crudely mentions the rape specifically at the start of the convo. So it is like they wanted to prime audience to focus on that specific tragedic event.

Dany is a trash mother.

She knows they have tons more scorpions, but she brings Drogon anyway to the parlay. :lol: :lol:

She lucky Drogon got a Pernell Whitaker level bob-and-weave game.

VainIdioticBluebottle-size_restricted.gif

The time that people have had to dissect the books is a big reason for the show tanking. Everything that happens is perceived as being too fan servicey or it doesn’t play out the way people convinced themselves it would. We act like George wouldn’t have written some if this but we have no way of knowing how much came directly from him. R+L=J was always George’s end game. Would have been a much better reveal without the internet breaking it down for everyone.

Those episode 5 and 6 spoilers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I’m not going out of my way to watch this trash show live. I’ll catch it later when I have nothing else to do. TRASH :lol:

I really wish they had evaluated fighting off the NK at the Eyrie. Maybe budget concerns got in the way of making that happen, but I think that was their best move and could have made the show a LOT more interesting.
The eyrie is too far south. NK would have possibly doubled his army

Look how far apart they are
45B6763B-AAE1-4B58-A549-9FD414733930.jpeg

Dany really doesn't give a @#$@ about the dragons dying :lol: Each time one has gone down, her reaction has been "mildly inconvenienced"
Her life was also immediately in danger as well. Hard to process loss under those circumstances.

Those episode 5 and 6 spoilers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah I’m not going out of my way to watch this trash show live. I’ll catch it later when I have nothing else to do. TRASH :lol:

Spoilers?

Don't tell me where to go, tell me where not to go... spoilers, what :lol:

For the people bashing the bashers of this season. it's not because we think the show is doing too much fan service. It's when you take 6-7 seasons of building up characters' personalities, you don't just break them out of character in a matter of minutes.

Cersei is the same demon who blew up the Tyrells which led to his son's suicide. The ***** is the definition of pure evil. And now you have this same devil looking at the brother she hates, and the same brother she believes killed his son, listening to his plea of surrender instead of drilling the fool with 1000 arrows. The ***** could've ended the whole thing right there.

Then you got a pointless banquet scene which sets up Jamie smashing Breanne, whose romance has been broiling for seasons. The same Jamie who ditched his sister and fought for the North, decided to stay despite knowing everyone's plans to go to war with Cersei, but suddenly turns into the old Jamie to go save his sister. Maybe he's plotting to kill her, maybe not, but this whole thing is so damn rushed.

Back
Top Bottom