OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just caught up to the latest (leaked) episode

I really need to start reading them books. They are sitting right next to me too :lol:

Me too.. Made it through like a 100 pages of book 2.. Have had the first 4 for couple years now

I'm hyped after every season.. And just never do it

What is Varys' real angle? Because I'm still not completely buying the good of the realm rap he keeps laying down.

anybody else think robs rebellion is movie material ? Need to see the Mad King and the Savage Rhager on screen. The battle of the Trident would be the most epic thing ever on the big screen

the history of westeros goes deep in to that story its awesome

I think it was easily the right move by Jon snow.. And I also agree with what was said above, gotta be ole boy going on about the fighting pits selling out dany

What is Varys' real angle? Because I'm still not completely buying the good of the realm rap he keeps laying down.

I don't totally believe it either but he could be delusional and actually believe it himself. It sounds like as soon as aerys was dethroned him and other targaryen supporters were already plotting to get one on the throne again. aerys was a psycho douche so he definitely wasn't what's best for the realm and any of his relatives could potentially be crazy too.

People always talk about how stannis isn't popular and that's a good reason for him not to be king, always sounded like a weak excuse. I'd rather have a fair king than a cruel one or a fool.

Last edited:

With a name like Varys and the fact that if you rewatch season 1, he is seen plotting for Dany to get on the throne, I wondered if he is Targaryen himself. Or if not targaryen some sort of Valyrian.

Viserys, Daenarys, Rhaenarys, etc sound like Varys and they are all targaryan names but to be fair he did say he was foreign so maybe thats a common name where he's from.

Last edited:

With a name like Varys and the fact that if you rewatch season 1, he is seen plotting for Dany to get on the throne, I wondered if he is Targaryan himself.

Viserys, Daenarys, Rhaenarys, etc sound like Varys and they are all targaryan names but to be fair he did say he was foreign so maybe thats a common name where he's from.

Seriously, what's his end game?

I think that story he told to Tyrion when he uncrated the dude who cut him may have something to do with it?? (even us book readers don't know)

The show has more Vary's and little finger stuff than the book does

With a name like Varys and the fact that if you rewatch season 1, he is seen plotting for Dany to get on the throne, I wondered if he is Targaryen himself. Or if not targaryen some sort of Valyrian.

Targaryen names are different from the rest of Westeros because the family originated across the Narrow Sea.

Where is that army of White Walkers supposed to be? They made an appearance, saw Sam, and haven't been seen since

I don't think that's right. There was an episode last season where you saw them take a sacrificed baby back to where they live, if I'm not mistaken. They're up north of the wall somewhere

I don't think that's right. There was an episode last season where you saw them take a sacrificed baby back to where they live, if I'm not mistaken. They're up north of the wall somewhere
yea i was going to say there was that time they took the baby and made his eyes blue/whitewalker i guess.

you know whats funny...and im not a bookreader...but wasnt the shows first scene, about the white walkers?

were 5 seasons in and have nothing with them. tops 20 total minutes.

is this all the plan? or did they stray from them on purpose because the show became this popular and wanted to focus on other characters?

basically what im saying is, starting the show you would think they were very important and now whenever someone mentions them its like "yea yea yea so anyway"...

Last edited:
yea i was going to say there was that time they took the baby and made his eyes blue/whitewalker i guess.

you know whats funny...and im not a bookreader...but wasnt the shows first scene, about the white walkers?

were 5 seasons in and have nothing with them. tops 20 total minutes.

is this all the plan? or did they stray from them on purpose because the show became this popular and wanted to focus on other characters?

basically what im saying is, starting the show you would think they were very important and now whenever someone mentions them its like "yea yea yea so anyway"...

That scene was new to us the book readers. There isn't much in the books about the whitewalkers other than when there are fights or such. That scene gave us a sort of glimpse of how they multiply and come to this world. Very interesting to say the least. It seems that they are Humans with some sort of magical powers. I just hope more is explored about their origins and such.

That scene was new to us the book readers. There isn't much in the books about the whitewalkers other than when there are fights or such. That scene gave us a sort of glimpse of how they multiply and come to this world. Very interesting to say the least. It seems that they are Humans with some sort of magical powers. I just hope more is explored about their origins and such.
yea, dont get me wrong i love the show and unless i think about it, its not like im sitting there every week like "damn no whitewalkers again"...

but id be tight if they left it as one of those mystery things that never gets really explained.

its such a dope thing and all i feel like theyre not doing enough with it. even if they wanted to be really quiet with it, they could still do more with them.

Yeah, not much info about the others / wights / whitewalkers whatever the show calls them. The show / books give you a little bit.

I think Varys ultimate goal is to be the hand to Dany.

He can't be king so that would be the highest he can go.

Straight House of Cards setup from there.

I think Varys ultimate goal is to be the hand to Dany.

He can't be king so that would be the highest he can go.

Straight House of Cards setup from there.
I feel that's his end game, while Little Finger would like to sit on the Iron Throne. Both are playing chess while everyone else is a pawn in their game. I like Varys and I hope his plan ultimately succeeds.

As for the white walkers; I feel like once they reach the wall, that's when the whole show will be focused on that and that alone. That will probably be the final season though and will be epic.

Back
Top Bottom