OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think little finger is anywhere near to being on varys level

How so? They seem about equal to me.

Petyr controls the Eyrie/House Arryn, smart businessman with a decent amount of money, he got Sansa on his side so he has some control over the north, he's the lord of Harenhal, and he is cool with Olenna Tyrell who has wealth and is probably the most powerful family in westeros since the Lannisters are broke. If anything Varys needs to catch up

Dany is not immune to fire. She has a higher tolerance to heat but that's it. She can still get BBQ'd like anyone else if the dragons were to light her up.

Didnt she sit down on a bed of fire to hatch the dragons in the first place? Seems pretty immune to me (the show version of her)

Last edited:
if he was smart he would have stayed in the eyrie..

but he making moves out love (first for cat.. and now sansa).. he messing with fire and it's going blow up in his face

varys is playing the long con and doesn't have to concern himself with emotion.. hell, I wonder if little finger is even aware of dany yet

She's not? How did she survive the fire when the dragons hatched?

Blood magic

Here's a couple quotes from GRRM

Q: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Q: So she won't be able to do it again?

George_RR_Martin: Probably not.

GRRM: Lastly, some fans are reading too much into the scene in GAME OF THRONES where the dragons are born -- which is to say, it was never the case that all Targaryens are immune to all fire at all times.

Martin: No, no Targaryans are immune to fire. The thing with Dany and the dragons, that was just a one-time magical event, very special and unique. The Targaryans can tolerate a bit more heat than most ordinary people, they like really hot baths and things like that, but that doesn't mean they're totally immune to fire, no. Dragons, on the other hand, are pretty much immune to fire.

I don't think little finger is anywhere near to being on varys level
We know that Little Finger along with Lady Olenna orchestrated the poisoning of Joffrey. You are mistaken not to think Little Finger isn't at the same level as Vary's or even more cunning.
I believe he is cunning.. we should all know that..

but I don't think he has the patience or the long term plan that varys has.. and his interest are going to lead to his down fall

I believe he is cunning.. we should all know that..

but I don't think he has the patience or the long term plan that varys has.. and his interest are going to lead to his down fall

Littlefinger seems to be the only person Varys is afraid of. Honestly Petyr is on a higher level than Varys.

He doesnt have the patience for a long term plan? He was scheming even prior to season 1

We know that Little Finger along with Lady Olenna orchestrated the poisoning of Joffrey. You are mistaken not to think Little Finger isn't at the same level as Vary's or even more cunning.

I think its moreso that Littlefinger is more likely to get his ambition and possibly his feelings for Kat/Sansa get the better of him. He's more emotional and prideful than Varys, which in some ways makes him more vulnerable.

i just wanna vacation in Qarth.

that place looked amazing.

also does anyone else feel like all the leading "leaders" pretty much suck right now.

Stannis coming out of nowhere being the best of the worst.

little finger has strong personal ambitions.. he also has strong emotional desires

varys has neither of these things, which grants him flexibility in his planning and maneuvering

Me and my boys were trying to figure who will get the throne if Tommen dies?

Anyone?

If Margaery and Tommen have a boy it would the boys. Someone will be appointed acting king/hand until the boy comes of age. If not then Stannis is next in line.

Of course they wont just hand it to stannis

Last edited:
all depends on the circumstances which tommen dies..  

and stannis is at war with tommen and co.. and has already attacked kinds landing.. then you have the fact that tommen (or any of cersei's kids) shouldn't be on the throne

also does anyone else feel like all the leading "leaders" pretty much suck right now.

Stannis coming out of nowhere being the best of the worst.

Agreed. Interestingly, Tommen seems like he could be a decent king. But with Tywin not there to advise him, and Cersei still around, he probably isn't going to live up to his potential.

nah man.. jon snow the strongest leader right now

he's the only one out of that present bunch I would follow.. unless I was daario

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how Dany deals with her dragons
Varys and tyrion on their adventure
Jon snow better put some work if the red head comes asking for it

Back
Top Bottom