OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw the 1st season of walking dead and cant fathom why people like it. Every time I see someone watching a random episode I still think "who the **** is giving this garbage *** show any attention?"

Believe it or not that is the best season. I stopped watching after S3. I was ready to pull the plug on the show after the mid season finale of S2 but the second half of 2 and the first half of 3 were consistent. However, the last half of 3 pissed me off so much, I do not think I have ever gotten angry at a show that I was committed to for more than a couple seasons. The main thing I look for when I watch a show is consistency in all aspects and TWD is the exact opposite of that.

Season 4 of TWD has been absolutely flawless. Action; story; acting has been absolutely top notch

1. Wire
2. Game of thrones
3. Breaking bad
4. Sopranos
5. fresh prince
As far as non comedy the holy grail for me are Game of Thrones and True Detective

I'm assuming I would add The Wire, Mad Men and Breaking Bad if I actually took the time to watch them lol

I don't understand why NT loves The Wire so much. I've tried getting into it but it just starts off so slow and I mean so slow that's it's painful to watch. I just can't get into it. Someone please tell me why it is such a good show because I don't know why it's held in such high regard on here.

I don't understand why NT loves The Wire so much. I've tried getting into it but it just starts off so slow and I mean so slow that's it's painful to watch. I just can't get into it. Someone please tell me why it is such a good show because I don't know why it's held in such high regard on here.
 its best to go into these shows without knowing anything prior to em, 

i often avoid reading anything about shows and just get into em, i did that with curb your enthusiasm and it was one of the funniest i've ever watched.

then i tried watching the walking dead, now thats a crappy overrated show.

for now on im sticking to hbo shows and shameless.

i dont want to tell you what season is the best and blah blah blah, just watch it and experience it yourself.

some parts will you going like this, all the way to the very end.

The Wire is probably one of the best written shows ever. I honestly can't see how someone CAN'T get into it...

Honestly every show starts out slow. Even TWD and GoT start out slow unless u read the book and u know whats about to go down.

Sitcoms are the only shows i judge off 1st episode.

Shameless is great love it. William h macy is a beast at this role and emmy rossum...loooove her.. vee too.

True blood took me awhile to get into also.

True blood hsd one of the biggest drop offs in history

I didnt even watch the last season. Season 6 was that bad. I would watch for Deborah Ann Woll but she is going to be on Daredevil anyway.

Honestly every show starts out slow. Even TWD and GoT start out slow unless u read the book and u know whats about to go down.

Sitcoms are the only shows i judge off 1st episode.

Shameless is great love it. William h macy is a beast at this role and emmy rossum...loooove her.. vee too.

True blood took me awhile to get into also.

Yes but you can start off reasonably slow. If you are still having long streaks of slow episodes 2-3 seasons in, I can't get behind that. I usually jump in after watching a few episodes of the second season of any show just to see if I can bare through the first season.

Never even heard of shameless.

TWD is good for what it is. Some people try to over analyze it. Isn't it the highest rated show in the world?

I did some reading as to why the sand snakes look different than the books for those that are interested. Of course the spoiler free version:

Tyene in the show is a combination of Tyene and Elia Sand in the books. They changed the mother to be Ellaria, which is why she isnt blonde. They also gave her daggers to make her more of an active character.

They changed Nymerias origins and I think they gave her a whip since Tyene took her daggers. She is still from the far east but instead of Volantis, she is from Essos, which in the books is similar to imperial China.

Debroah ann woll is my wifey.... i use to pray shed get naked ...looking around the screen like. Dont tease me girl

TWD is good for what it is. Some people try to over analyze it. Isn't it the highest rated show in the world?

This, I barely even post in TWD thread cause dudes be posting thesis papers in there and complaining about endless ammo and running/non running zombies.

This season of TWD was the best one since the first, the show is great and yes its the highest rated show in America at least. I think the world might belong to Game of Thrones iono.... when you take in GOT being the worlds most pirated show at least lol.

This, I barely even post in TWD thread cause dudes be posting thesis papers in there and complaining about endless ammo and running/non running zombies.

This season of TWD was the best one since the first, the show is great and yes its the highest rated show in America at least. I think the world might belong to Game of Thrones iono.... when you take in GOT being the worlds most pirated show at least lol.

GoT is the most popular show in the world bar-none.

I'm still confused how twd has such great ratings. I never thought a show about decaying corpses would have such wide appeal, women love the show.

It is TWD because not everyone pays for hbo...

Amc is included in most cable packages.

TwD. Is a story of survival. Thats why its so popular. The zombies help increase the viewing though

GoT is the most popular show in the world bar-none.

That is false. The most popular show by far is Top Gear with a worldwide viewership of over 350 million.

I have been hearing the Walking Dead is the most popular now tho. First week vewiership of 22M worldwide. Which last I checked is around Top Gear levels. I cant find info on the worldwide viewership.

If we are talking about just in America then the most popular show is the Walking Dead.

I dont think premium cable shows have a chance of cracking the top 10. Hell I'd be surprised if they could crack the top 30.

Last edited:
That is false. The most popular show by far is Top Gear with a worldwide viewership of over 350 million.

I have been hearing the Walking Dead is the most popular now tho. First week vewiership of 22M worldwide. Which last I checked is around Top Gear levels. I cant find info on the worldwide viewership.

If we are talking about just in America then the most popular show is the Walking Dead.

I dont think premium cable shows have a chance of cracking the top 10. Hell I'd be surprised if they could crack the top 30.

They are including people who stream on hbo go along with people who torrent. It's by far the most torrented show. HBO is using all of that to calculate its popularity.

And I love Top Gear but I wouldn't include Top Gear in this group since it's not a per say scripted show like GoT, The Wire, and such. It's a show but I would put it in a different category.

Last edited:
Yea totally different "shows" thats like saying the Super Bowl is the most popular show on TV

Back
Top Bottom