OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im slowly catching up on the wire. No doubt it wouldve had a much higher viewership if it released during this golden age of TV but how it is people's top 5 is beyond me. Episodes are not consistently good. You can have 4-6 (min) bad-below average episodes in a row before you see a chain of good ones. I'm not even sure if I want to finish it.

I keep seeing Sopranos as one of people's favorite. That I need to give a chance and see if I want to catch up on.

Last edited:
Im slowly catching up on the wire. No doubt it wouldve had a much higher viewership if it released during this golden age of TV but how it is people's top 5 is beyond me. Episodes are not consistently good. You can have 4-6 (min) bad-okay episodes in a row before you see a chain of good ones.

I keep seeing Sopranos as one of people's favorite.

Yea Sopranos and The Wire are def top 5 for me. I finished watching Breaking Bad over the past few months for the first time and I wasn't impressed at all. Seasons 4 and 5 were good, not great, but seasons 1-3 were boring to me. I guess I can't relate to the story. The Wire and The Sopranos I can relate somewhat since growing up in NYC I had a little contact with both sides. If not directly, at least it's part of the culture. The whole south, crystal meth, and suburb life is nonexistent to me.

Like I said before my problem with Breaking Bad is that it went a whole differnt direction by season 3. They shouldve been doing that by the end of season 1. I dont know what took em so long to decide the direction they want to go.

Growing up in Chicago did not make me any more attached to The Wire. When I have a lot more time I think I'll just go with Sopranos. I just dont care to finish The Wire. Shame too because they have some pretty sick characters.

GoT>The Wire>Breaking Bad

But

S4 The Wire=S4 BB> All seasons of GoT

Don't ask me how.

Breaking bad season 1-2 were painful. I must have dropped it like 4 times... gustavo saved it for me. Love that actor.

Havent seen wire yet either.

After vikings ill watch.

Got is still #1 for me. But thats mainly because i want to see what i read...
Mad men is up there for me as well

Breaking bad season 1-2 were painful. I must have dropped it like 4 times... gustavo saved it for me. Love that actor.

Havent seen wire yet either.

After vikings ill watch.

Got is still #1 for me. But thats mainly because i want to see what i read...
Mad men is up there for me as well
I have to catch up man but Mad Men is a great show

A lot of people dont like it. But i have a real appreciation for in depth storylines and character development.

I wanna start Mad men but a part of me is wondering how good can it really be without how limited network shows have to be. That and breaking bad would've been godly on HBO

Never started Walking Dead either it jus looks very generic

Saw the 1st season of walking dead and cant fathom why people like it. Every time I see someone watching a random episode I still think "who the **** is giving this garbage *** show any attention?"

Saw the 1st season of walking dead and cant fathom why people like it. Every time I see someone watching a random episode I still think "who the **** is giving this garbage *** show any attention?"
I'm hooked LOL  the walking dead feeds the most visceral part of my TV watching experience like ratchets that watch Love and Hip Hop

For the most part the storyline is decent too. 

That House Targaryen family line pic was well done.

Seems like the Targs are the most talked about family. I think by the end of the series we will see a revival of the House under Dany.

Book readers, yall peep the most recent chapter GRRM leaked on his blog? :nerd:

Last edited:
I wanna start Mad men but a part of me is wondering how good can it really be without how limited network shows have to be. That and breaking bad would've been godly on HBO

Never started Walking Dead either it jus looks very generic

Mad Men is top notch everything. Acting, directing, writing, etc. The only thing that probably limits it on amc is the inability to show nudity with all the fine tail Draper gets. It returned last night and the episode was great.

That House Targaryen family line pic was well done.

Seems like the Targs are the most talked about family. I think by the end of the series we will see a revival of the House under Dany.

Book readers, yall peep the most recent chapter GRRM leaked on his blog? :nerd:

I haven't because I want to read the book from fresh without any spoilers. But from the little analysis I read, it seems like Sansa understands "the Game" now and is starting to play as well. We saw it a bit when she saved Littlefinger after he tossed Lysa.

I watched a couple episodes of Mad Men, I am surprised that he is with Peggy based from the latest commercial I saw. I'm intrigued to see how it got there.

I watched a couple episodes of Mad Men, I am surprised that he is with Peggy based from the latest commercial I saw. I'm intrigued to see how it got there.

Keep watching. You wont be disappointed.

I watched a few episodes of Mad Men and I just didn't get it.

I can see how it aint for everyone. I am just a business nerd. From accounting, to finance, to marketing, etc that all interest me.

Its one of those shows where the entire show is in the dialogue. If you dont like those this will likely be no different.

Also it's a huge period piece of the 60s which aint most peoples style as well.

Mad Men is top notch everything. Acting, directing, writing, etc. The only thing that probably limits it on amc is the inability to show nudity with all the fine tail Draper gets. It returned last night and the episode was great.

This! Imagine if we got to see Joan's Teddys tho :wow:

Last edited:

Thats what makes this show even greater to me. Im intrigued by pure story, no guns no fighting no nudity pure story.

There is a mad men thread for those not in it

Christina Hendricks probably won't do nudity but seeing them thangs would definitely be a die happy kinda thing. I'm wondering how she looks naked without all the spanks and stuff to hold her in.

Last edited:
Im slowly catching up on the wire. No doubt it wouldve had a much higher viewership if it released during this golden age of TV but how it is people's top 5 is beyond me. Episodes are not consistently good. You can have 4-6 (min) bad-below average episodes in a row before you see a chain of good ones. I'm not even sure if I want to finish it.

I keep seeing Sopranos as one of people's favorite. That I need to give a chance and see if I want to catch up on.

Agree with everything you said about The Wire. Is beyond overrated.

Sopranos is :smokin.

Christina Hendricks probably won't do nudity but seeing them thangs would definitely be a die happy kinda thing. I'm wondering how she looks naked without all the spanks and stuff to hold her in.

There are some semi nudes of her that leaked a while back. Nothing too exciting tho but you do get to see them nips.

PM'd

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom