OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gl0kgpD.gif

Aye, aye. This is easily one of the funniest post in here.

got u started w the likes fam

TV show production schedule? Bruh, they spent two God damn years on 6 episodes. TF are you talkin about?

You're tellin me there was NOOOOOOO way, they could have had maybe, i dunno, Arya and Jon stroll up, Arya tell Jon I got this, take on 2-3 White Walkers, while Jon and the Night King danced? There was no time to write that, act it out, and film it? We had time to have Arya get stuck with the pointy end, Jon make out with his aunt while his dragon watched, and Bran fly some Ravens around, but we couldn't fit that in the schedule?

They chose wisely eh?

That would have sucked. Thankfully you don't get to make those decisions.

You would have robbed us of the Arya game winner which is ultimately much more thrilling as suprise, rather than telegraphing the whole thing to satisfy unreasonable nerds. :lol:

Glad I'm not into the Marvel stuff. I would be highly upset with the spoiling :lol:
Famb NT has ruined both IW and Endgame for me. Both times during opening weekend. My jimmies are in shambles right now.

Only reason I am still going to see Endgame is because I am treating all the kids I tutor to it on Friday. Only reason I didn't see it this weekend is one of them asked me not to watch it with him. Now I gotta sit through this three hour joint, with knowing the ending.

That what I get for being nice to kids I guess :lol:

That would have sucked. Thankfully you don't get to make those decisions.

You would have robbed us of the Arya game winner which is ultimately much more thrilling as suprise, rather than telegraphing the whole thing to satisfy unreasonable nerds. :lol:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arya still couldn't show up last second to save Jon? But not jump from King's Landing to do so? She couldn't have finished the WW's and make the same play, same throat grab, knife drop, but not come out of flat out nowhere to do it?

Oh.

They should have let jon fight the night king and die with some honor if he wasnt the chosen one.

Now they going to kill him some wack way. Prbly die after killing the mountain

Famb NT has ruined both IW and Endgame for me. Both times during opening weekend. My jimmies are in shambles right now.

Only reason I am still going to see Endgame is because I am treating all the kids I tutor to it on Friday. Only reason I didn't see it this weekend is one of them asked me not to watch it with him. Now I gotta sit through this three hour joint, with knowing the ending.

That what I get for being nice to kids I guess :lol:

Nothing beats standing 45 mins in line for The Force Awakens, browsing the NT NBA thread out of boredom, and seeing "This loss hurts more than Han dying in TFA". I don't really care for Star Wars that much , but still!

Same NBA thread also ruined Jon Snow's death. It might've been the same dude who did that, cause it was also a similar post (comparing an L to his death) :lol:

Aren't Direwolves super rare. Ain't see too much of them chilling in Westeros. Prolly got the magic juice to kill walkers >D

They should have let jon fight the night king and die with some honor if he wasnt the chosen one.

Now they going to kill him some wack way. Prbly die after killing the mountain

his biggest beef is being a targ now, well actually since episode 1 if you think about it

They still could have paid off the Jon 1v1 and still had the Arya surprise.

Rusty's draft:
Jon and the dragon fall from the sky and lands at a different point. He sees the NK get burnt from a further distance. After he smirks he raises the dead soon after. Jon sees him walk away and knows he is going for Bran. Jon then makes his way to the Godswood through a different path beating the NK there. He fights with Theon, and they kill a couple Whitewalkers. Theon still rushes the NK and gets washed. Jon and NK 1v1. Jon an him fight for a second and during a parry Jon pull out a piece of Dragonglass and stab him in the neck. Jon thinks it is over but the NK smirks, pulls it out, and then grabs Jon throwing him into the big *** tree. So now we know fire and Dragonglass does not work, so the audience really think dude is unstoppable.

NK goes for Bran while Jon crawls desperately and hopelessly to save him. Then the rest plays out with Arya coming off the top rope, getting caught, and getting ole boy with the drop.

We get paid off with the 1v1. Both Jon and Dany actually perform attacks that we assume work. So both prince/princess that was promised momentarily pulled off the win by our expectations. Audience gets even more hopeless, and Arya saves the day like she is Stone Cold helping Mankind win the title. Using the only attack that works, Valyrian steel to the exact point the Dragonglass was used to create him.

You hey more payoffs, more hopelessness, better misdirection, so the surprise is even better.

Dear showrunners, you're welcome.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Arya still couldn't show up last second to save Jon? But not jump from King's Landing to do so? She couldn't have finished the WW's and make the same play, same throat grab, knife drop, but not come out of flat out nowhere to do it?

Oh.
Dawg the minute the setup happens we are all gunna be waiting for Arya to come with the save.

By not telegraphing what Arya was doing and allowing the audience to forget about her made the surprise 10x more dramatic and thrilling.

It would be ruined if you telegraphed any more than they did.

They still could have paid off the Jon 1v1 and still had the Arya surprise.

Rusty's draft:
Jon and the dragon fall from the sky and lands at a different point. He sees the NK get burnt from a further distance. After he smirks he raises the dead soon after. Jon sees him walk away and knows he is going for Bran. Jon then makes his way to the Godswood through a different path beating the NK there. He fights with Theon, and they kill a couple Whitewalkers. Theon still rushes the NK and gets washed. Jon and NK 1v1. Jon an him fight for a second and during a parry Jon pull out a piece of Dragonglass and stab him in the neck. Jon thinks it is over but the NK smirks, pulls it out, and then grabs Jon throwing him into the big *** tree. So now we know fire and Dragonglass does not work, so the audience really think dude is unstoppable.

NK goes for Bran while Jon crawls desperately and hopelessly to save him. Then the rest plays out with Arya coming off the top rope, getting caught, and getting ole boy with the drop.

We get paid off with the 1v1. Both Jon and Dany actually perform attacks that we assume work. So both prince/princess that was promised momentarily pulled off the win by our expectations. Audience gets even more hopeless, and Arya saves the day like she is Stone Cold helping Mankind win the title. Using the only attack that works, Valyrian steel to the exact point the Dragonglass was used to create him.

Dear showrunners, you're welcome.

I think minds can differ whether we need to see 1v1 Snowman v night king but I think the point stands if you set up the Arya any more you ruin the surprise.

Like honestly does it really matter where she jumped from, maybe she claimed a tree, who really cares? :lol:

Give me the surprise over the explanation anyway.

Reactions: Ube
If Snowman and Reek are fighting off the other white walkers we’re still not thinking about Arya but we aren’t wondering how she snuck past and jumped over them.

Back
Top Bottom