OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
‘Game of Thrones’: Grey Worm’s Fate Surprised Everyone but the Man Who Plays Him
Jacob Anderson as Grey Worm in a scene from “Game of Thrones.”

29got-greyworm-articleLarge-v2.jpg

Credit: Helen Sloan/HBO

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/arts/television/grey-worm-game-of-thrones.html

I’m not completely naïve. I know that there are people who wouldn’t fully understand, who don’t see the point of Missandei and Grey Worm. That relationship isn’t about the endgame. It’s not about the throne. It’s never been about that. It’s been about a greater purpose, and loyalty. Two people coming out of really extreme trauma and building lives for themselves and following someone they believe has their best interests at heart. I’m really proud that those characters represent something that’s not represented elsewhere on the show.

again, when in the history of the show has NK showed any desire to sword fight? His generals I understand, but him? Never. He has shown Jon on three occasions I am not fighting fair or by your terms so why in their biggest battle will he say "nah fellas, I got this" and get washed by Longclaw like the rest of his homies have?

I think minds can differ whether we need to see 1v1 Snowman v night king but I think the point stands if you set up the Arya any more you ruin the surprise.
Yeah, I agree with you that they should not have set up Arya showing up.

Even though I joke about how much height she got, that was a beautifully shot scene. And the wave of emotions you feel in the moment is those couple of seconds are amazing.

From hopelessness, to joy, to disappointed, to suspense, to relief and excitement.

Yeah, I agree with you that they should not have set up Arya showing up.

Even though I joke about how much height she got, that was a beautifully shot scene. And the wave of emotions you feel in the moment is those couple of seconds are amazing.

From hopelessness, to joy, to disappointed, to suspense, to relief and excitement.

yup from the score, to the editing, everything in that moment was perfect.

but cats in here wanna get 5 mins of her sneaking past white walkers climbing a tree instead. :lol:

its sad what's happened to Tyrion's character

dude is completely useless now

i thought when he was mentioning in the crypts that he/someone could go out there and see something to help that the others couldn't that he would actually do it

:stoneface:

Rusty’s draft literally still has Arya coming out of nowhere to save the day.

What set up is there in that version?
I really don't have an issue with there being no set up. Because there isn't it takes the audience through the waves of emotion in a shorter time frame, which makes the scene so exciting.

If there was a setup they could have shown her sneaking up on folk more during previous episodes, and them being surprised they didn't hear her. They only did it once with Jon.

Last edited:
again, when in the history of the show has NK showed any desire to sword fight? His generals I understand, but him? Never. He has shown Jon on three occasions I am not fighting fair or by your terms so why in their biggest battle will he say "nah fellas, I got this" and get washed by Longclaw like the rest of his homies have?

this same line of thinking is why him going to kill bran himself makes no damn sense there are several other ways he could've offed dude without exposing himself

but nah he decides to take a leisurely stroll up to dude and bask in the moment despite having been an emotionless machine the whole series

dude would've burned bran's dumbass alive and kept it moving

this same line of thinking is why him going to kill bran himself makes no damn sense there are several other ways he could've offed dude without exposing himself

but nah he decides to take a leisurely stroll up to dude and bask in the moment despite having been an emotionless machine the whole series

Night King could've just gone after everyone else first then gone to Bran, or just let the idiotic humans keep charging at him. It's out of character for him, since past seasons have shown him to be extremely patient and willing to wait until the humans die out/make a wrong move (like the frozen lake scene from last season)

Even in Hardhome, we see him just observing and taking mental notes from the top of the mountain while his forces test out the human resistance. He's not some mindless character that should go after Bran in the middle of a battle

I really don't have an issue with there being no set up. Because there isn't is takes it takes the audience through the waves of emotion in a shorter time frame.

If there was a setup they could have shown her sneaking up on folk more during previous episodes, and them being surprised they didn't hear her. They only did it once with Jon.
Nah, I’m agreeing with your draft & the whole no set up needed regarding Arya.

My gripe has never really been with her sneaking up on the NK for the final blow because she is a got damn assassin after all but just the execution of it. They could have easily had Jon fight him since it’s been explicitly teased as his arc since HardHome & then have Arya Wolverine leap out of nowhere to save the day. But nah, D&D wanted to change things up for the sake of changing things up. :lol: :smh:

Nah, I’m agreeing with your draft & the whole no set up needed regarding Arya.

My gripe has never really been with her sneaking up on the NK for the final blow because she is a got damn assassin after all but just the execution of it. They could have easily had Jon fight him since it’s been explicitly teased as his arc since HardHome & then have Arya Wolverine leap out of nowhere to save the day. But nah, D&D wanted to change things up for the sake of changing things up. :lol: :smh:
Oh ok, I gotcha famb.

Night King could've just murdered everyone else first then gone to Bran, or just let the idiotic humans keep charging at him. It's out of character for him, since past seasons have shown him to be extremely patient and willing to wait until the humans die out/make a wrong move (like the frozen lake scene from last season)

Exactly.

He had no reason to expose himself, he had basically an endless army and could've just waited them out but naaaaaah why wait another half hour for some **** you've been planning for a 1,000 years

its sad what's happened to Tyrion's character

dude is completely useless now

i thought when he was mentioning in the crypts that he/someone could go out there and see something to help that the others couldn't that he would actually do it

i thought he was going to see lyanna stab the giant in the eye

because he doesnt have to..

however when the time comes, sometimes you do have to get your hands dirty:

BowedGiddyBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

and since i've referenced kill bill (and think it should have played out like oren/crazy 88):

p01h43kv.jpg

I think he wanted to kill Bran himself because of what Bran has been telling us. NK's goal is to erase all history of man, Bran as the Three Eyed Raven is the embodiment of their history. NK killed the last three eyed raven himself so I assume he'd want the honors to do it himself again. Maybe it had to be done with that big *** blade like he did to the other guy and not dragon fire but we'll never know. Like you said he's never shown to be in a hurry so he took a light stroll to get to Bran when he could have landed the dragon right there at the tree.

i think the thing with the NK is that he knows to fear jon in a one on one

but he never saw or even anticipated an arya nor her bold attack coming

like theyre supposed to be scared of him, so use dragons use fire but a direct attack?

he prolly thought they were too shook and the only one he had to fear was jon

tdogg2k tdogg2k have you read the companion books like Fire and Blood or Dunk and Egg? Or the main novels? If so, how are the companion books?

I'm thinking about starting the books but in a chronological order instead of publication date
Yea. But dont read the targareyon section on world of ice and fire. Its practically the same in fire and blood but expanded.
So go 1. Fire and blood. 2. Dunk and egg series.
But there like 3 other side books
Ice dragon
Dangerous women series.

NK got some Bond villain tendencies. A win with style means more than a plain "W" in the column. Plus last time he showed up Bran ran like a sucka.

If he can't be burnt, he knows the only thing to watch out for his the expert swordsman with the Valyrian steel sword. When he saw Snowman rushing him, he stopped that treat right away.

I don't think he was that sloppy strategically. Dude's game plan was working until the last few seconds. There is no way to plan for Arya. Unless he sent the White Walkers down south to do a winter internship at the Temple of the Many Faced God.

I think he wanted to kill Bran himself because of what Bran has been telling us. NK's goal is to erase all history of man, Bran as the Three Eyed Raven is the embodiment of their history. NK killed the last three eyed raven himself so I assume he'd want the honors to do it himself again. Maybe it had to be done with that big *** blade like he did to the other guy and not dragon fire but we'll never know. Like you said he's never shown to be in a hurry so he took a light stroll to get to Bran when he could have landed the dragon right there at the tree.

and this is my problem you have dude act completely out of character and don't explain why at all

dude went out of his way to make killing a guy who cant walk as difficult as possible

it's nonsense

I think the 1v1 Jon Snow vs the NK is more problematic than you think.

If it's a 1v1 fight with Jon and I know there is no way Johnny Snow is getting killed by a dude in a rubber mask with 3 episodes to go.

It's a dramatically inert scene.

The way they did it I had no idea what was going to happen. The ending was thrilling.

the moment with bran and the night king looking at each other, the music, the editing **** was High quality drama.

and this is my problem you have dude act completely out of character and don't explain why at all

dude went out of his way to make killing a guy who cant walk as difficult as possible

it's nonsense

how is it out of character when he approached the last three eyed raven the exact same way as he did Bran? Out of character would have been him lighting Bran's *** on fire with the dragon. I think you need too rewatch that Hold The Door episode. It played out the same way with his approach only difference is he was able to swing that blade before getting jumped by Arya. He stood there and looked at the Three Eyed Raven first and took his time to slice him up.

I think the 1v1 Jon Snow vs the NK is more problematic than you think.

If it's a 1v1 fight with Jon and I know there is no way Johnny Snow is getting killed by a dude in a rubber mask with 3 episodes to go.

It's a dramatically inert scene.

The way they did it I had no idea what was going to happen. The ending was thrilling.

the moment with bran and the night king looking at each other, the music, the editing **** was High quality drama.
Sure that is an issue but there are other things a 1v1 would have brought to the table.

Ok, he does not die. But people watching would think Jon has to be the one to end it, so when he fails it build the sense of hopelessness and it is a better misdirection imo than just having him nerfed in the courtyard. I think "Jon failed to save the day" is a better misdirection than "Jon can't get there in time to save the day".

But like you said, the 1v1 is a reasonable disagreement. The Arya save was pulled off nicely.

Back
Top Bottom