OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Arya kill should have been reserved for the mountain, ultimately saving the Hound...

Only pay off to me is having one of my top 3 getting her shine on, now on to Jaime to get his, and my top 3 would have all had their moments.

I have no problems with who got put over but there was something missing that made this feel rushed and almost meaninggleas

why everyone use the "rushed" adjective to explain stuff now.. how was it rushed. you got 84 full minutes full battle.

real question is how yall not see this coming

im really not trying to slam anyone on this board.. I would legitmatelly like to hear how yall woudl've had this battle end.
cuz I only see 2 options...
1. what we got
2. everyone dying..
there was no where to flee, winterfell is to far from anything. it would've literally been 4 survivors....if that

why everyone use the "rushed" adjective to explain stuff now.. how was it rushed. you got 84 full minutes full battle.

im really not trying to slam anyone on this board.. I would legitmatelly like to hear how yall woudl've had this battle end.
1. what we got
2. everyone dying..
there was no where to flee, winterfell is to far from anything. it would've literally been 4 survivors....if that

Some sort of connection to Bran, where killing the NK meant killing Bran and a 1v1 with Jon...that would have been satisfying.

I think the bittersweet ending now that I think about it is Joaquin somehow killing Arya at the end for breaking her oath.

1. what we got
2. everyone dying..

They wrote themselves into a box. Cersei should’ve honestly been offed last season . The last season should’ve been the WWs washing the living up and down Westeros. Nobody but the north even experienced this so called world changing event :rolleyes

1. what we got
2. everyone dying..
I even came up with this on the fly
Sounds like a great ending to me.

Not even a fan of Jon but I wanted him to square up with Night King. Let their fight be like the last 15 min. Let it be a real good fight with NK flexing. Maybe actually speak.

Have a ring of fire around the Goodwood to keep his other generals from jumping in right away. So it's just Jon, NK, and Bran.

Then from there whether you have Jon win or lose NK gets the upper hand and I'm okay if you have the same exact ending. Only with Arya jumping through a ring of fire to kill him.
It just seemed too easy in the end.

NK waltz right through Winterfell like its nothing with all 3 dragons still active apparently. His generals do nothing. Then Arya just ninja jedis her way to dude and thats it.

There's no precedent for that. I would've like to see a real battle at the end even if the only way to kill NK was to sneak him.

They wrote themselves into a box. Cersei should’ve honestly been offed last season . The last season should’ve been the WWs washing the living up and down Westeros. Nobody but the north even experienced this so called world changing event :rolleyes

I just realized the people in KL lived through this unscathed....lmfaoooo

MUST BE NICE

I even came up with this on the fly

It just seemed too easy in the end.

NK waltz right through Winterfell like its nothing with all 3 dragons still active apparently. His generals do nothing. Then Arya just ninja jedis her way to dude and thats it.

There's no precedent for that. I would've like to see a real battle at the end even if the only way to kill NK was to sneak him.

Yeah that would have also been satisfying as I’m not really upset Arya delivered the blow, she’s been developed to be who she is the whole series, so her being able to pull it off is actually very belieavable....I think everyone’s gripe is how much of a fraud the NK turned out to be and how lame his motive or connection to the whole story was...it just reeked of pure lazy writing....this is the same reason I lost interest in TWD.

I guaranteeeeee you next week is gonna be an hour of the north getting drunk and celebrating this victory....so we might as well take a bye week. I’m mad in the preview for next week, Dany is the one doing the toast, talmbout we now take KL....bissshhhh hand the mic over to Arya, both you and Jon been demoted, both with 2 big **** fire spitting dragons and did close to nothing.

1. what we got
2. everyone dying..
Only other way it could have ended would have been for them to take out dead dragon and have just Jon and Dany escape on Drogon and Rhaegal. That could have setup an interesting dynamic with Cersei but no way they were dusting Arya, Sansa, Jaime, and Tyrion. Realized 10 minutes in they had no way out and NK was getting dropped.

jhIzlpz.jpg

There’s 3 eps left totaling roughly 4 hours. I wonder if one of them will be a complete flashback episode with Young Ned and them again?

i can see people being mad about night king... i feel yall in the fact we aint see him swing a sword.
he wasnt burnt by fire tho so jon wasnt doing nada at the end of it all
but i can those 2 fighting arya sneaking up and looking at jon saying stick em with the pointy end..

I for one am glad the NK isn’t the big bad. He never seemed like it to me and reducing this show to man vs. monster would be a disservice. But... they definitely nerfed him. He should have taken more to drop. Maybe even have him get the best of Jon in a fight and have Arya sneak him. Having her leap over his whole squad just wasn’t the way to do it. My man NK’s highlight was throwing the spear at the dragon and now he’s only shooting 50% and only killed Reek. Shame.

I for one am glad the NK isn’t the big bad. He never seemed like it to me and reducing this show to man vs. monster would be a disservice. But... they definitely nerfed him. He should have taken more to drop. Maybe even have him get the best of Jon in a fight and have Arya sneak him. Having her leap over his whole squad just wasn’t the way to do it. My man NK’s highlight was throwing the spear at the dragon and now he’s only shooting 50% and only killed Reek. Shame.
I agree, this show was never going to end with night king . or monsters vs humans. which was pretty evident after dany complained about jon being the successor now..
which told you they were both going to stay alive (sansa too)

Fam I just realized his only real kill was REEK!

This can’t be life, dude was a FRAUD for real...

After Night King effortlessly dispatched Theon and after all the damage and exhaustion Jon had suffered over the course of the battle, I’m really unsure I would have bought a Jon vs. Night King (with no damage) fight. I think other people here are on the money where a fight where Jon loses and Arya comes in for the kill would have been more satisfying, but I’m not tripping at all that Jon wasn’t the one who finished him off.

Where do Jaime’s loyalties lie now?

What’s the deal with the PTWP prophecy? Is Arya Lightbringer?

Is Tyrion a sleeper?

What about the NORTH????

Back
Top Bottom