OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not going to question the speed of Drogon flying Dany north of the wall. But how long does it take a raven to fly from Eastwatch to Dragonstone?

This was the greatest TV show of our time and maybe the greatest narrative of our generation. Now it's just a solid traditional TV show.

I'm sorry, but hell naw! This is a great show and definitely one of my all-time favorites, but far from the greatest show of our time. The Sopranos, The Wire & Breaking Bad are superior in every sense compared to GOT. Your prisoner of the moment syndrome is strong my man, strong.

DHrL8AAXcAEkuo2.jpg:large

I'm sorry, but hell naw! This is a great show and definitely one of my all-time favorites, but far from the greatest show of our time. The Sopranos, The Wire & Breaking Bad are superior in every sense compared to GOT. Your prisoner of the moment syndrome is strong my man, strong.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. I didn't even finish any of those shows in the moment, like came back after months because they didn't compel me to keep watching.

For me its this and Mad Men.

MD men was better to you then BB?? Damn

I like MM to, but I don't know.

Crazy how realistic this show went from the first few season with a little wights and magic here and there.

To full on dragons :lol:

I love it. Fast pace is great to me.

Game of Thrones has made more money, won more awards and had better ratings than every single one of those shows. So please enlighten me to how they are superior in every sense. :lol:

GOT literally has every objective basis of measurement for television show quality over those shows.

My wife is interested in starting GoT, but can't deal with gore. So I'm going to try and warn her when the violent, bloody scenes...But may consider not warning her for at least one scene lol.

Opposite for me. I'm trying to convince my husband that Game of Thrones is legit AF. He's a fan (or was) of the Walking Dead so I told him that this show has zombies, too. I'm way too into HBO shows. >D

1. The Wire
2. Game of Thrones
3. Mad Men
4. The Sopranos
5. Breaking Bad
I still need to start The Wire and finish Breaking Bad lol

So does Tormund stay at Eastwatch or is he headed to King's Landing too?

Hoping the finally is amazing.

the show invested so much time in arya and bran's journey to become an assasin and the 3 eyed raven...they finally return to winterfell, only to have both of them act weird as ****.

the show invested so much time in arya and bran's journey to become an assasin and the 3 eyed raven...they finally return to winterfell, only to have both of them act weird as ****.

They literally haven't done anything all season, outside of Arya killing the Freys in the prologue :lol:

Arya is pretty damn annoying now. Went from being one of my favorite characters to just being a difficult character that starts arguments for the hell of it. This whole thing with her getting pissed off at Sansa about the letter is a reach

Game of Thrones has made more money, won more awards and had better ratings than every single one of those shows. So please enlighten me to how they are superior in every sense. :lol:

GOT literally has every objective basis of measurement for television show quality over those shows.

You're the type of person to argue album sales being the deciding factor of an album being great aren't you? Type of dude to say Nelly is better than Rakim I bet.

You went and looked up the equivalent to record sales with (viewers, awards, better ratings). GOT has benefited having its run in the streaming age. HBO has made it extremely accessible to it's viewers with multiple services for viewers that don't have cable subscriptions. I can only imagine if all of that access were to be made during the Sopranos era, it wouldn't even be close. The Sopranos is a superior show in the writing, acting and story telling. The Wire, well not commercially as successful as any of the fore mentioned, it is arguably the greatest written show in television history. Breaking Bad was better in every single aspect as well. The acting, story telling and writing is leaps and bounds better than GOT. Every respected writing critic agrees with these statements too, it's not like this is the opinion of a select few. Now with that being said; I am still a huge fan of this show, but lets not pretend that the writing on this show (season 5 & 6) should ever been in the same topic as The Sopranos, The Wire or Breaking Bad.

Writing isn't the only thing that makes up a show though. Consideration has to be given to the scale of production, costume design, cinematography, special effects, etc. You can't say a show is better in every aspect then only talk about the story and writing.

You're the type of person to argue album sales being the deciding factor of an album being great aren't you? Type of dude to say Nelly is better than Rakim I bet.

You went and looked up the equivalent to record sales with (viewers, awards, better ratings). GOT has benefited having its run in the streaming age. HBO has made it extremely accessible to it's viewers with multiple services for viewers that don't have cable subscriptions. I can only imagine if all of that access were to be made during the Sopranos era, it wouldn't even be close. The Sopranos is a superior show in the writing, acting and story telling. The Wire, well not commercially as successful as any of the fore mentioned, it is arguably the greatest written show in television history. Breaking Bad was better in every single aspect as well. The acting, story telling and writing is leaps and bounds better than GOT. Every respected writing critic agrees with these statements too, it's not like this is the opinion of a select few. Now with that being said; I am still a huge fan of this show, but lets not pretend that the writing on this show (season 5 & 6) should ever been in the same topic as The Sopranos, The Wire or Breaking Bad.

Less people watch TV now than then. You are talking out of your *** saying the Sopranos ratings would be higher now.

Who are these respected tv critics?Are they the ones that won Game of Thrones more Emmys than any scripted show in the history of TV?

Writing isn't the only thing that makes up a show though. Consideration has to be given to the scale of production, costume design, cinematography, special effects, etc. You can't say a show is better in every aspect then only talk about the story and writing.

Acting and no CGI.

To me if we go with writing Friday Night Lights is the best show with The Wire being #2. GoT has passed up both of those shows for myself personally though but thats just my own personal taste. My personal top 3 is GoT, Friday Night Lights and The Wire with Black Sails being 4 in a Mt rushmore

I bought all the seasons of MM on blu ray..haven't wAtched it yet..heard it's amaze

Seasons 5 and 6 take a turn for the worse before rushing to wrap things up in season 7. Just like another show we know. Seasons 1-4 are incredible tho.

They literally haven't done anything all season, outside of Arya killing the Freys in the prologue :lol:

Arya is pretty damn annoying now. Went from being one of my favorite characters to just being a difficult character that starts arguments for the hell of it. This whole thing with her getting pissed off at Sansa about the letter is a reach

She was being really dumb, while acting like she's so much better than Sansa. When in reality, she got fooled by LF and her creepy actions allowing LF to use it against Sansa. Whole stark family create their own downfall.

Eh, I loved Mad Men throughout all the seasons. Only thing I was kinda sour on was how amc dragged it out with splitting the last season into 2 parts nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom