OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree with the writing but people said the show got boring in season 5 and that was book material... from the book that everyone thought was boring...

Agree with this. There was a ton of people saying some parts of the show were dragging. Even the book. When I told people I was going to read it some said that it was tedious.

What if George is struggling to finish the books because he can't wrap up the story without being overly predictable? He has stated that the conclusion of the series was laid out in the first novel. I think he's extended his series just to spend so much time developing characters he invented along the way even though they won't matter at the end. The last book will probably as unsatisfying as the last season of the show even for those that avoid the show.

Dudes have spent 7 years trying to figure out what will happen, and are upset that some of those things are playing out, some of which pretty much had to happen and have been being foreshadowed for some time now (ex. NK getting a dragon) ?

Not really sure what folks want at this point, thought the episode was great, figured going into this season things would be sped up a bit, I've loved it thus far tho.

NT'ers love to ***** and moan, complaining is a skill on here. :lol:

I'm with you; I'm enjoying this "fictional" show and the entertainment it's continuously delivered since the very first episode.

The behavior of the Night King is so absurd now that the only way it makes since is if he's Bran on some Raz Al Ghoul type stuff

Watching it on the big screen let's you see just how damn close he was to the all star team and Drogon but this cat chose the smallest flying one.

i think drogon could see the spear (since he was closer) coming and could of blocked the shot with a wing. dragon that took the spear didnt see it coming at all.

I will agree with that. With the power of the internet and the length of time the show has been out.....every theory will have been suggested and thought by the masses. It's only natural that some of the things theorized will actually happen.

Dudes want writers to come up with the most off the wall, outlandish, unpredictable occurrences just for the sake of not haven't guessed it at some point. :lol:

Not to mention the fact that the NK could've offed Jon so many times at this point.

I will agree with that. With the power of the internet and the length of time the show has been out.....every theory will have been suggested and thought by the masses. It's only natural that some of the things theorized will actually happen.

Dudes want writers to come up with the most off the wall, outlandish, unpredictable occurrences just for the sake of not haven't guessed it at some point. :lol:

Word. And that can be said for everything. If you tell the "right story" that makes sense, then people complain that it's predictable.

You start changing things just so people won't be able to guess something and you get garbage like Iron Man 3 and people still complain. Rightfully so about that one tho

The way things have unfolded is the problem.

It took all of 10 mins for them to be attacked, Gendry to run to the wall and Danny to swoop in and save the day. :rolleyes

What if George is struggling to finish the books because he can't wrap up the story without being overly predictable? He has stated that the conclusion of the series was laid out in the first novel. I think he's extended his series just to spend so much time developing characters he invented along the way even though they won't matter at the end. The last book will probably as unsatisfying as the last season of the show even for those that avoid the show.
He's said that fans have correctly guessed how the story will end which means the clues are already there. I think he simply hasn't finished them because he'd rather do other **** and fans pestering him to finish them every day isn't making him write faster.... but he should finish them asap

Yeah this was ridiculous. These wights are nowhere near coordinated enough to do all that :lol:

I don't want to sound like I hate the show now. I still look forward to it every weekend, but recently it's gone from "Damn this show is the GOAT" to "It's a show that I enjoy watching". It's gone from a unique show where you never know what will happen to something more "safe" and generic, if that makes sense. Even without reading spoilers, it was so obvious that somehow the dragons would come in and save the day, and since there's an entire season left, it won't be easy and something will go wrong
Been that way for me since s5.

All the magic in the show comes from adapting GRRM's books.

I'm ready for a Hound and Tormund spin off series when this is all over. Throw in Pod and Bronn too.

The way things have unfolded is the problem.

It took all of 10 mins for them to be attacked, Gendry to run to the wall and Danny to swoop in and save the day. :rolleyes
But time passed within the show's timeline. It took Gendry all the way up to dusk to reach Eastwatch and it wasn't till the following morning that Dany showed up.

How is that hard to understand for people? Movies do this all the time.

But time passed within the show's timeline. It took Gendry all the way up to dusk to reach Eastwatch and it wasn't till the following morning that Dany showed up.

How is that hard to understand for people? Movies do this all the time.

But they couldn't have filled that screen time with some **** that happened elsewhere?

It's not that I don't understand that time passed it's just the optics aren't matching up with the previous seasons passing.

image.png
just busted out laughing at my desk
That's the main problem in this lackluster writing. Arya and Sansa obviously have unresolved issues as siblings but the conflict doesn't directly address it in a meaningful way.

Not only was Sansa crying off rip but she was yelling like crazy.

Plus Arya only watched up until a point.
Being here from season 3 going forward it's funny how many were saying this show is slow paced, why the long dialogue scenes. Now it's too fast.

Not saying that some of these scenes are rushed, of course they are. Just seeing how the tune changes :lol:

I like this fast pace. Back then we would get convos were a ton were saying this didn't push the story at all.

Fast pace is cool, just some of the writing is questionable. Especially something as obvious as Drogon should have been the main target instead of viserion.
All those ppl calling the show slow paced were wrong anyway.

No reason to call those ppl out when they wanted a totally different show.

Last edited:
But they couldn't have filled that screen time with some **** that happened elsewhere?

It's not that I don't understand that time passed it's just the optics aren't matching up with the previous seasons passing.

Didn't they do that with scenes of Tyrion begging Dany not leave and the dialogue scenes between Sansa/Littlefinger and Arya/Sansa?

I think the flow of the episode was fine. The skip in time just let the viewer know that nothing really happened. IMO, if they added more, I think that would have ruined the flow of the episode.

My wife is interested in starting GoT, but can't deal with gore. So I'm going to try and warn her when the violent, bloody scenes...But may consider not warning her for at least one scene lol.

Arya is being a bit harsh and unreasonable.

However, Sansa needs to stop taking credit for winning the Battle of the Bastards. She wasn't with Jon shooting in the gym.
How exactly does Jon win without the Vale?

The Vale in the Battle of the Bastards were basically uncle Benjen in this last episode.
I found it funny when Sansa told Arya that she wouldn't have survived what she survived. :lol:

Meanwhile it's the other way around. Flip the storylines, and Sansa would've been offed a long time ago in Arya's world. She doesn't have street smarts.
I think they're both right.

Arya would've kept trying to escape KL in Sansa's place. She might've caught the moon door if she made it that far cuz you know she gonna wash Robin Arryn :lol: Probably would freak out if LF kissed her. And I think had she been raped by Ramsey with Theon watching it would've broke her in a sense.

Sansa on the other hand would've got recognized easily travelling with Hot Pie and Gendry. Probably starved to death. If she makes it far she definitely gets recaptured by Tywin. Never gets to Braavos. Don't see her saving Jaquen.

GRRM needs to finish the books a different route from what he told Hollywood and make it so they have to make another series to finish it per canon. (See dragonball gt and how that entire series is irrevelant)

My wife is interested in starting GoT, but can't deal with gore. So I'm going to try and warn her when the violent, bloody scenes...But may consider not warning her for at least one scene lol.
I just started watching it with my wife and she is the same way, told me to tell her when something gruesome is going to happen or someone is about to be killed. :lol: I told her not to watch the damn show then, haha, its not like its faces of death and you actually watching someones head REALLY get chopped off. :lol:

Totally agree as well. People like to piss and moan and/or pretend to know it all or know better.

Y
Been that way for me since s5.

All the magic in the show comes from adapting GRRM's books.

This is why I complain so much. This was the greatest TV show of our time and maybe the greatest narrative of our generation. Now it's just a solid traditional TV show.

With that being said, I don't know how upset we can be. The showrunners signed up to adapt books. They probably had no idea this show would become what it has and that the books wouldn't be finished by now.

Back
Top Bottom