OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyways, I'm going to run with the assumption that you've read the books and say:

See, why do people post crap like this?

I just said I'm not a fan of spoilers.

"Well let me just spoil something for you."

Now I know something bad happens to her. You feel special now? Ooooh, you know what happens later and just couldn't possibly keep it to yourself, because everyone would think you only know what the show has revealed, and that's unacceptable!

Like I'm legit frustrated. :lol:

What I should have done is stuck with not eem posting in the thread because "I've read the book and know how it all goes" types can't keep a damn thing to their self.

How do you know if someone has read the book? Don't worry, they'll tell you. :lol:

For sure you are new around these parts....lol

Tdizzle idolizes a headless corps, ignore him :lol:

He probably mad she didn't let him have a suckle.
robin.gif

I effing hate spoilers. And I especially hate when folks try to act like they're going to do you a solid and not spoil anything but then spoil something. Like "I'm not going to say anything to ruin it for you, but you said so and so is your favorite character? And you were hoping they had a kid? Just saying, they may or may not need to pick out baby names next season."

Uuuggghhh!!!
laugh.gif
Hahahahahahhahaa my man. I have no idea how you got me spoiling it from my post. Did you do complete internet silence while watching??? The show has technically surpassed the last book written.
Funny you're all in your feels from a post most if not all understand meant dany is just a boring whiny character.
I see that now. I thought you were saying Dany meets an unfortunate demise that I would be better off not knowing about if I like her and I should have just not even started watching.

So you were saying I should have just not even started watching if one of my favorite characters is Dany? Got it.

So most GoT fans don't like her?

Well eff y'all, then. Dany and the imp, that's who I effs with. And I'll be mildly impressed if anyone can readily reason why those 2 are my people.

Last edited:
Late to the party. Just got into GoT earlier this year, and I've seen every episode, via Amazon Prime.

How quickly do new episodes make it to Prime? Am I going to have to wait until the entire S7 is complete?
Welcome to the world of GoT.

When you get the chance, go back to the middle of the thread and read some wild theories thrown on here
http://niketalk.com/t/526952/official-game-of-thrones-thread-season-7-premieres-july-16-2017/15780
Thanks! Doing it now.

I have to tell y'all something about how I got started. My girl actually asked me why I never watched GoT back in January. "Two reasons. #1: HBO. We don't have it. #2: everyone who watches it is all 'OMG! YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT! How can your call yourself a man and not like GoT?! It's the very essence of life, the crown jewel of everything mankind has accomplished! To say you don't like GoT is to say you are not human! It has boobies! You don't like boobies?!"

She knows me, so she got it. But still said "Well I think it sounds interesting. Thought maybe we could watch the first episode or 2, see what we think."

Listen, all I knew about the show was that it was medieval, and there was some 'slow' dude on it. Swear. That's it. I didn't know about the zombies, didn't know about the dragons.

Medieval.

Some main character is slow.

That's it.

First episode. First SCENE. These blue-eyed things take this crew out, one dude escapes, tries to tell folks about them, they don't believe him and he gets beheaded for abandoning his people. Dad is using it as a teaching moment with his son. "If I can give the sentence, I can swing the sword."

Nah, I'm out. I'm not feeling this one little bit.

End of the episode.

Incest. Little boy sees through a window in a tower he was climbing, gets pushed down by the brother who was banging his sister, and of course he thinks he killed the kid.

Zombies, using beheadings as teachable moments, incest, child murder... what... the actual... eff?!

Nah, man. No.

We keep watching a few more episodes. More incest, some pale brother feeling his pale sister up, she gets married to some super-Aztec type dude, receives a wedding gift of 3 dragon eggs that I assume are fossilized or just super old or something.

Nope. She does some ritual and hatches the 3 eggs. Pale sister who was getting felt up by her brother... has dragons.

Why not? Zombies, the life lessons of chopping someone's head off, incest, child murder, and now dragons. Of course.

But of course by the time the dragons were hatched... *sigh*... I was in. 
laugh.gif
 I was attached to the compelling story lines that had begun at that point, and wanted to see where they went.

And now here I am, eagerly anticipating S7. 
laugh.gif

And like I mentioned, I definitely effs with Dany and Tyrion, but my 3rd favorite character is probably Jon Snow. And again, I'd be fairly impressed if anyone could reason why. To me, it's fairly obvious.

I have to tell y'all something about how I got started. My girl actually asked me why I never watched GoT back in January. "Two reasons. #1: HBO. We don't have it. #2: everyone who watches it is all 'OMG! YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT! How can your call yourself a man and not like GoT?! It's the very essence of life, the crown jewel of everything mankind has accomplished! To say you don't like GoT is to say you are not human! It has boobies! You don't like boobies?!"

She knows me, so she got it. But still said "Well I think it sounds interesting. Thought maybe we could watch the first episode or 2, see what we think."

Listen, all I knew about the show was that it was medieval, and there was some 'slow' dude on it. Swear. That's it. I didn't know about the zombies, didn't know about the dragons.

Medieval.

Some main character is slow.

That's it.

First episode. First SCENE. These blue-eyed things take this crew out, one dude escapes, tries to tell folks about them, they don't believe him and he gets beheaded for abandoning his people. Dad is using it as a teaching moment with his son. "If I can give the sentence, I can swing the sword."

Nah, I'm out. I'm not feeling this one little bit.

End of the episode.

Incest. Little boy sees through a window in a tower he was climbing, gets pushed down by the brother who was banging his sister, and of course he thinks he killed the kid.

Zombies, using beheadings as teachable moments, incest, child murder... what... the actual... eff?!

Nah, man. No.

We keep watching a few more episodes. More incest, some pale brother feeling his pale sister up, she gets married to some super-Aztec type dude, receives a wedding gift of 3 dragon eggs that I assume are fossilized or just super old or something.

Nope. She does some ritual and hatches the 3 eggs. Pale sister who was getting felt up by her brother... has dragons.

Why not? Zombies, the life lessons of chopping someone's head off, incest, child murder, and now dragons. Of course.

But of course by the time the dragons were hatched... *sigh*... I was in. :lol:  I was attached to the compelling story lines that had begun at that point, and wanted to see where they went.

And now here I am, eagerly anticipating S7. :lol:

And like I mentioned, I definitely effs with Dany and Tyrion, but my 3rd favorite character is probably Jon Snow. And again, I'd be fairly impressed if anyone could reason why. To me, it's fairly obvious.

As involving as the show is and it is. It's what got me started from the first air date. The books are seriously like 10x better. Problem with the books is that they are exceptionally long and due to the fantasy aspect they are highly detailed a la a history textbook in college. But man is it worth the read.

I've been watching since it premiered in 2011 but I really became a fan when Ned caught the fade. The way they built him up to then do him like that, I knew this show was for me. I started reading the books after Season 1 ended.

Once Jamie pushed Bran, I was hooked.

This

Bran getting tossed out the window is symbolic of all my preconceptions about the show flying out the window as well at the same time :lol:,figured the show was on some totally other **** after that and didn't know what to expect moving forward and I still don't :lol:

Last edited:
Don't let tdogg read that last part.
So on top of not liking Dany, he doesn't like Jon Snow either?

Interesting. People obviously gravitate towards or repel away from characters in shows and movies according to what resonates with them. For him to not like Dany and not like Jon Snow (if I'm reading you correctly)... I can't help but be curious about a few differences in our very experiences, him and I. 
laugh.gif

Once Jamie pushed Bran, I was hooked.
This

Bran getting tossed out the window is symbolic of all my preconceptions about the show flying out the window as well at the same time
laugh.gif
,figured the show was on some totally other **** after that and didn't know what to expect moving forward and I still don't
laugh.gif
For me that was Eddard getting that permanent headache remedy. I was saddened, but also one thousand percent stunned. At that point, I was seriously thinking the entire show that I was waaaaaaaaay behind on was CENTERED around that dude. And to some degree, it is, but I thought he was a fixture throughout the show, not a fixture on a stake.

Eddard's path lead me to believe that this show is real. You gotta play the game or die.

Ned made too many mistakes, mainly that he thought everyone was as honorable as him. :smh:

Honor bound fool :smh:

^ For real. I KIIIIIIIINNNDDDDAAAAAAA thought he might be killed off when him and that evil wretched ***** and him met in the garden and she told him "In the game of thrones, you either win... or you die."

When she said that, I seriously got chills.

And now here we are anticipating S7, w/ S6 ending as her seated on the Iron Throne.

**** I can't stand her. I really need her to be dragon food, so bad.

I was just kinda into the show until they lopped off Ned Starks head. Did NOT see that coming. From that point on, I was hooked and knew this show don't mess around. ANYTHING could happen to any character. The stakes are so damn high, you can't help but keep watching.

Side note: this late start to the season gonna tear this board apart. Dudes are all testy and foaming at the mouth over the smallest things. We gotta be strong fambs, we all in this together :lol:

Nah, a staple in the thread doesn't like 2 of my 3 favorite characters.

We ain't together.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He also thinks Stannis Baratheon is still alive...

You're late to the thread, but tdogg has been the butt of many jokes in here for a while

I effing hate spoilers. And I especially hate when folks try to act like they're going to do you a solid and not spoil anything but then spoil something. Like "I'm not going to say anything to ruin it for you, but you said so and so is your favorite character? And you were hoping they had a kid? Just saying, they may or may not need to pick out baby names next season."

Uuuggghhh!!! :lol:
Hahahahahahhahaa my man. I have no idea how you got me spoiling it from my post. Did you do complete internet silence while watching??? The show has technically surpassed the last book written.

Funny you're all in your feels from a post most if not all understand meant dany is just a boring whiny character.
I see that now. I thought you were saying Dany meets an unfortunate demise that I would be better off not knowing about if I like her and I should have just not even started watching.

So you were saying I should have just not even started watching if one of my favorite characters is Dany? Got it.

So most GoT fans don't like her?

Well eff y'all, then. Dany and the imp, that's who I effs with. And I'll be mildly impressed if anyone can readily reason why those 2 are my people.

#teamTyrion :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom