OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just crazy thinking about the state of the realm right now. All the major houses are either dead or dying. Ice Zombies closing in the Wall and really no one cares. Dragons enroute with Dothraki.

Zik already answered this. But most houses were pretty much ruthless before aegon got there. Especially Lannister. Baratheon. (Family that owned harrenhall) was the worst. That's why balerion had to burn that joint down to the ground dude was a habitual line stepper

I know we all went really deep. But for those who only watch the show. Pick up that history's of westerns book. Gems dropped everywhere

Edit; No one knew about Dany and Viserys outside of jorah and the counsel. So they weren't even a viable option
I know he did after I asked the question
laugh.gif
. I just asked for clarification on one point because this discussion is interesting.

Over all I agree with you and Zik. After Robert took the Iron Throne, the line of succession dictates that Stannis is the rightful heir. However I do understand the argument for the Targs. Doesn't mean I agree.
Greyjoy and stark would have eventually fell in line if not for renly.
Season 1. Ep10. Book 1 last Catelyn chapter. The dude who initially rode for Robb to be King. Was mad about renly and stannis preparing to fight over king
If it was just stannis they would've reunited.

Robb probably would have fallen in line if Stannis came to him before he declared himself King In The North. After....Nah I'm not seeing it. His banner men would have been pissed and Stannis would not have agreed to the same terms he gave Renly.

Just crazy thinking about the state of the realm right now. All the major houses are either dead or dying. Ice Zombies closing in the Wall and really no one cares. Dragons enroute with Dothraki.

People are so ignorant in westeros. The watch sent out ravens letting people know what's coming but they just laughed. I know the children of the forest, white walkers, dragons, and other magic stuff happened a long time ago but the fact that those things did exist at one time should make people less skeptical.

true, but if someone told me there was dinosaurs somewhere on earth I would be like wuuuuuuutttttt?

I'd be asking where so i could plan a trip to see them unless they are t-rexes or other giant predator ones.

You gotta think of the time period. Takes days to get a message sent and a reply a week later. The world is much larger when it comes to communication.

I wouldn't care or believe most of the **** if I was living in Dorne ******* fine dornish women.

true, but if someone told me there was dinosaurs somewhere on earth I would be like wuuuuuuutttttt?

I would too but I wouldn't dismiss it. I'd demand proof. Can't remember if it happened on the show but when they sent proof to the Red Keep, they ignored it based on who brought the news :smh:

Last edited:
Do I need to read the first book or is that pretty much a 1:1 season 1?

Last edited:
Do I need to read the first book or is that pretty much a 1:1 season 1?

Yea other than a few private thoughts for characters.
I would maybe start at Ned's chapter when he is in prison. Or just read all the bed chapters only. ? But not important

Bruhs, I´ve never even seen a book in person but I can tell you about the Blackfyre rebellions, Old Ghis and countless things that won´t be mentioned in the show.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

Just make sure your caught up with the show or it´ll spoil things for you. I have no intention of reading the books.

I've read books 1-4, and by 3 I was insta-skipping the Dany chapters. Really do not give a damn about what she does or what happens to her :lol: The show started pissing me off as well. She was cool up to the point where she freed the Unsullied, but after that... damn, every time she came on screen and acted like an entitled brat with her 10 self given titles and complete disregard for what her advisers had to say, I literally groaned out loud in real life.

Last edited:
I've read books 1-4, and by 3 I was insta-skipping the Dany chapters. Really do not give a damn about what she does or what happens to her :lol: The show started pissing me off as well. She was cool up to the point where she freed the Unsullied, but after that... damn, every time she came on screen and acted like an entitled brat with her 10 self given titles and complete disregard for what her advisers had to say, I literally groaned out loud in real life.

Took me a year to read A Dance with Dragons because I got to a Dany chapter and just quit.

Took me a year to read A Dance with Dragons because I got to a Dany chapter and just quit.

Damn I thought I was the only one. Every time I get there
View media item 2317870

Back
Top Bottom