OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only book that I didn't finish within a few days was adwd. Read the first half then took a break. Read the rest when I had time between classes.

I'm also a book reader but I actually watched the first season of the show before I read the books. For that reason I actually like Dany's story in the books just because the dragons were so intriguing to me.

I'm already on season 5 with my yearly recap.

The hound would have washed Brienne if he was 100%.

Anyone alive that could beat the mountain?

One-on-one? Drogon maybe. Don't think anyone human could do it. Plus, now that he's FrankenMountain, who know what it will take to kill him? Probably would need to have his head cut clean off of be incinerated.

Oberyn had that boy dead. If it weren't for his showboating and talking it would have been an easy kill for him.

Besides possibly The Hound, I personally think Bronn could. We've discussed this before in this thread and some people disagreed but I think he could mostly because he outlined Oberyn's strategy for winning which almost worked if not for Oberyn's theatrics. Oberyn had poison and is more acrobatic but he was also arrogant and wanted to give the crowd a show. The real questions are how good is Bronn with a lance and how agile is he? If there's one thing that this show tries to establish, it's that sometimes no matter how skilled/strong you are, you can always catch an L. Bronn being a smart sellsword knew that the fight was only worth it if Tyrion could double whatever Cersei was giving him, which was pretty hard to do in Tyrion's condition. The fight just wasn't worth it but if Tyrion had the means to pay him, he'd be crazy enough to do it.

Current Mountain- I think only the dragons can stop him. Or maybe a large group taking him on like Hound, Jorah, Brienne, etc. Most of them would die though.

Or possibly Cersei or Qyburn. Qyburn could have a potion that could kill The Mountain without arrousing any kind of suspicion. Cersei could command The Mountain to kill himself or needlessly risk his life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom