OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the white walkers first came on the scene 10,000 years ago that means the children of forest chick has been alive since then. well damn.

Brienne admitted to killing Stannis. He dead b.

Last edited:
Y'all playin.

Stannis (RIP) was the rightful king. Did he go about it the right way? Did he **** up along the way? Hell yes.

For a "great" military person, he's 0-2 in the series against The Imp and the self proclaimed Warden of the North 
mean.gif

And give my mans no credit for going in both times like the G he is.
But slurp that snow penis every chance y'all get, saying he a fighter.
Stannis fought for what he believed in each time. Fought for what's right. What's his.

Last edited:
Bruh if Renly had supported Stannis' claim to the throne the show would have ended at blackwater bay.

Stannis and Renly forces with the Tyrells support would have ended the war real quick. Robb would have supported their claim as long he remains warden of the north.

Happily ever after. smh @ Renly.

^you mean if Stannis would of supported Renly claim (although he didn't have one). The Tyrell was not riding with Stannis. Also the north probably wouldn't ride with him either, considering he wouldn't allow for Robb to be the King of the North.

Tyrell's never would have supported Stannis. Only reason they were supporting Renly was because he was marrying Margaery. Stannis has nothing to offer anyone to make alliances. Yeah, he's battle tested but he has know knowledge of the game.

Neither did Robert either. What knowledge of the game do you need when you're already king??

And tyrellsnwouldve fell online if the same things were promised to them. High court positions. Margery could still marry renly since stannis had no sons. Renly was automatically next in line.
Heathens would all be following the lord of light. Would've been the best Years in the 7kingdoms.

sure, that's if he ever could get to the throne. the easy path is to get strong houses on your side and it was said multiple times in the show no one likes Stannis, that's part of the game.

You don't have to like him. Not the king you want but the king that's needed.
Point is he was rightful heir. No one like Jeffery. He was still king.

Stannis would have had renly behind him.
That would've been the trade off. Renly be hand of the king and next in line

Hmmmm....

Stannis/Renly vs. Joffery/Tywin.....

Yeah idk. Sure they had the numbers but the fact that no one including Renly liked Stannis, I don't see that union coming together at all

You don't have to like him. Not the king you want but the king that's needed.
Point is he was rightful heir. No one like Jeffery. He was still king.

Sure no one liked Joff but he was already there, I understand Stannis had a strong claim to the throne but him not being liked is the reason he couldn't even get in.

I doubt everyone likes Robert but he had strong allies in Ned and Jon Aryn.

Last edited:
The north and the vale weren't exactly the strongest allies Robert had a lot more storms end in it self is huge as well. (Which stannis had the backing of true Baratheon supporters)
People were just tired or areys. He had to go. No one had a clue how truly vile Joffrey was yet

^you mean if Stannis would of supported Renly claim (although he didn't have one). The Tyrell was not riding with Stannis. Also the north probably wouldn't ride with him either, considering he wouldn't allow for Robb to be the King of the North.

As stated Renly had no claim to the Crown but Stannis himself said that Renly would be his heir. Robb would have been warden of the north if he bent the knee for Stannis. Which he would have done.

It wasn't until Renly declared war on Stannis did the king in the north stuff come about.

I get it, Stannis wasn't a likeable option but if Renly had played his part it would have quickly ended the war of the 5 kings. Shoot there wouldn't have been 5 kings claiming the iron throne.

Rob was on his crusade way before stannis and renly met up. Robb and the north still wanted more than just warden at that point. They wanted to be their own country again. He should've bent the knee or Caitlin should have atleast urged him too a bit better (they didn't show that talk/debate in the show).

But enlightened is right. Renly should have played his part and been more patient. He could've made his move on stannis from with in.

hold up I thought the king of the north stuff happened after caitlyn came back from storms end

As stated Renly had no claim to the Crown but Stannis himself said that Renly would be his heir. Robb would have been warden of the north if he bent the knee for Stannis. Which he would have done.

It wasn't until Renly declared war on Stannis did the king in the north stuff come about.

I get it, Stannis wasn't a likeable option but if Renly had played his part it would have quickly ended the war of the 5 kings. Shoot there wouldn't have been 5 kings claiming the iron throne.
Renly's claim was that nobody really had a legit claim, and he was kind of right. Robert seized the throne, and even though the Baratheons do have some Targ blood, they were too far down the line of succession to claim anything. Even with Stannis' reasoning that Cersei's children were not Robert's, Robert already set the precedent that anybody who wants to be King can do it if they're willing to fight for it. Renly was ******ed though, he thought he could be a boss. He should have played his part, gotten Highgarden behind Stannis, then maybe things would be different. I don't know if Robb would have supported Stannis' claim although if they reached out to Robb early on, they might have had a shot. Renly might have been able to convince Ned to leave with him to look for Stannis. But it would be a different and probably shorter story in that case.

I don't think Robb wanted the thrown as much as he wanted revenge on the lannisters. But as was said, it really was dumb. Like it really should've just been stannis as king with backing from Renly, Robb, etc. Renly should've been content with getting anything

If they would've joined forces, Robb wouldn't have been betrayed because then they would have to deal with backlash from Stannis, the North would stay the north, Renly would get whatever and Stannis is king

Last edited:
Y'all saying this like the Targareyn's had a legitimate claim to royalty. They took Westeros by force.

Robert took the throne by force.

Stannis had a legit claim. Renly said what he said to give himself a rationalization to annoit himself with no firm reasoning for his claim given he was disputing his older brother.

I'm not sure but I think what some people are saying. Is that whether it's for the crown or not. Every family/house still goes by the rules of family succession. Renly trying to f that up turns it in to. Blackyfyre situation. Which is why he's looked at so crazily

Back
Top Bottom