OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Won't lie, back when I didn't know how ruthless GRRM could be and I saw all these Ls this family was taking and that it would only get worse going in to S3 (I binged the first 3 seasons I think) I was hoping for some hidden Stark son or cousin to pop up so bad :lol:

Robb, Jon, and some little girls and boys were providing no hope.

Man, I felt the same way. Just thinking about it right now, there is literally no one that will pass on the Stark name. Bran getting some yambs and living a normal life is out of the question.
No more Starks, yo.

Unless Jon gets legitimized by Queen Daenerys of the Seven Kingdoms....yep not happening. GRRM is ruthless.

Won't lie, back when I didn't know how ruthless GRRM could be and I saw all these Ls this family was taking and that it would only get worse going in to S3 (I binged the first 3 seasons I think) I was hoping for some hidden Stark son or cousin to pop up so bad :lol:

Robb, Jon, and some little girls and boys were providing no hope.

Man, I felt the same way. Just thinking about it right now, there is literally no one that will pass on the Stark name. Bran getting some yambs and living a normal life is out of the question.
No more Starks, yo.

Unless Jon gets legitimized by Queen Daenerys of the Seven Kingdoms....yep not happening. GRRM is ruthless.

Kinda surprised that there are no other stark relatives. Like ned didn't have at least an aunt or uncle? Maybe brandon and benjen got some bastards out there. I know the karstarks are like distant relatives that branched off a long time ago.

Kinda surprised that there are no other stark relatives. Like ned didn't have at least an aunt or uncle? Maybe brandon and benjen got some bastards out there. I know the karstarks are like distant relatives that branched off a long time ago.
Good question...But maybe the Karstarks were the only relatives? idk.

Curious if we'll see Benjen return to the series again.

No more Starks, yo.

Show wise, a lot of the family lines ended. Stark's, Baratheon's, Tyrell's, and the Martell's. Only hope is a legitimized Jon and Gentry. smh

^ damn you guys are right. " And just now great houses are dying like flies"

As for the Starks I always assumed Ned's dad was an only child. And that Brandon died before he could get married and Benjen joined the nights watch.

BTW, why did benjen join the NW?

As for the Starks I always assumed Ned's dad was an only child. And that Brandon died before he could get married and Benjen joined the nights watch.

Benjen was the lowest man on the totem pole, he basically had nothing else to do.

He had no ambition so he went off to live on the wall.

Entire show shifts if he has a family and establishes his own area somewhere in the North but I'm just talking the show and once you see the guy playing him is a nobody you know that aint the case.

Also all this talk of Jon being legitimized, he ain't even a Stark. Son is a Targ about to smash his own aunt.

Benjen was the lowest man on the totem pole, he basically had nothing else to do.

Could've tried tyrion's lifestyle of wine and w-hores.

Last edited:
Yea them bugs on them dead horses were insane
laugh.gif
 incest

Well incest was a big thing back in medieval times. Hell I think Princess Diana and Prince Charles are related somehow.

The show never finished Maggy the Frog's prophecy. Wonder if Cersie's fate will be different in the show.

The show never finished Maggy the Frog's prophecy. Wonder if Cersie's fate will be different in the show.

I think the show and books are set up for people to believe that one person is the "little brother" but imo it's the other sibling who is the "little brother". I think it will play out the same in the books and the show.

I think the show and books are set up for people to believe that one person is the "little brother" but imo it's the other sibling who is the "little brother". I think it will play out the same in the books and the show.
Right, but the show never mentions a "little brother". Maggy never gets to the valonqar part in the show which I didn't realize until last night. Thought it was interesting.

Right, but the show never mentions a "little brother". Maggy never gets to the valonqar part in the show which I didn't realize until last night. Thought it was interesting.
My point is that it doesn't matter if the show doesn't mention it. I get the feeling a certain "little brother" is going to run the fade.

I question if the show runners fully got a handle on this. Shortened seasons never were a good idea imo.

GRRM has more than enough material in the books for you to do a full 10 ep season and you can still focus on the conflict with Cersi and the inevitable war with the wight walkers.

HBO in the right for trying to get more eps.

Last edited:
I really don't know how they can wrap everything up in just 14 more episodes, unless the war with the night King is literally just two episodes, I guess it can be done, but every episode will have to feel like a season finale type.

They should've never messed with the format. Next season should've been the last with 10 episodes. faith of the seven, seven kingdoms, seven books, and seven seasons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom