OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If my spouse brought home a kid she had with someone else i'd not be too fond pf the kid either. I'd hate my ex-spouse a lot more though.

Cat gets too much hate. She hates Jon for good reason since Ned didn't tell her the truth (which was also for good reason) and yet she still loved Ned. The Tully's backed the Starks, Arryns and the Baratheons in the rebellion. Her uncle is a G (show did him little justice last season) although her brother is a ****. Her other form is insane. She made some mistakes during the War of the 5 Kings but she gave Robb great advice that he chose not to heed (don't break your vows with the Freys, keep your direwolf close, don't trust Theon, etc). Cat is one of the most loyal characters in the story.

Cat gets too much hate. She hates Jon for good reason since Ned didn't tell her the truth (which was also for good reason) and yet she still loved Ned. The Tully's backed the Starks, Arryns and the Baratheons in the rebellion. Her uncle is a G (show did him little justice last season) although her brother is a ****. Her other form is insane. She made some mistakes during the War of the 5 Kings but she gave Robb great advice that he chose not to heed (don't break your vows with the Freys, keep your direwolf close, don't trust Theon, etc). Cat is one of the most loyal characters in the story.
Finally someone understands.
The flack she gets isn't as warranted as what people give her.
In my eyes she only made 2 mistakes the whole story. Taking Tyrian to Lysa instead of holding him back at winter fell. And letting Jamie go with Only Brienne. Which both were still not the worst decisions.

That's not a good reason to hate Jon an innocent person IMO. If anything she should hate Ned for breaking his vow and not tell Cat anything. Doesn't make sense that she forgave him and still hates Jon. I agree she did give some good advice, but keeping your direwolf close I feel wouldn't have done anything. They still would have died. Anyway, would he have ever needed to go to the Freys if she didn't release the King Slayer? 

Finally someone understands.
The flack she gets isn't as warranted as what people give her.
In my eyes she only made 2 mistakes the whole story. Taking Tyrian to Lysa instead of holding him back at winter fell. And letting Jamie go with Only Brienne. Which both were still not the worst decisions.
Yeah but those aren't just two mistakes. Those are two giant mistakes.

That's not a good reason to hate Jon an innocent person IMO. If anything she should hate Ned for breaking his vow and not tell Cat anything. Doesn't make sense that she forgave him and still hates Jon. I agree she did give some good advice, but keeping your direwolf close I feel wouldn't have done anything. They still would have died. Anyway, would he have ever needed to go to the Freys if she didn't release the King Slayer? 

Last edited:
I understand why she doesn't like Jon, I'm just saying it doesn't make it right. Also she wished death on a sick child. Not just "I wish he was dead" she sat by his bed and asked for the Gods to kill him...who does that? 
laugh.gif
  I know she felt awful about it, but continued to hate. 
Yeah Greywind probably could have helped if they let him in to the feast, but you figure Walder would have asked him to lock his wolf up outside anyway right? A wolf at a wedding doesn't seem right. Especially at a wedding feast. 
laugh.gif

Right releasing Jaime didn't make the Frey's leave. What I was getting at was Rob needed the Frey's to replace the Karstarks that left.

The Karstarks left because Rob killed their Lord Rickard. Rickard killed the Lannister boys for vengeance. Rickard was anger but loyal when they had Jamie in custody. I think Jaime's release only made him more anger and impatient for vengeance. Also he saw how he treated his mother when she betrayed him, so he probably though he could kill the Lannister boys and get away with it. Obviously I can't prove this, but I think it's a good possibility.....
 She definitely made big mistakes but it was all done out of her sense of loyalty to her family, which was both a strength and weakness in her character. Jaime was an important hostage that they could have used to trade for the girls. Capturing Tyrion really made things get ugly quick. But either way, the master puppeteer here was Littlefinger. I'm pretty he foresaw a lot of the possibilities. Her mistakes were her own but everything was ultimately orchestrated by LF. LF understood that Cat's love of her family would make her make rash decisions just like he understood that Ned's sense of honor would cause him to make the wrong decisions
Fair point

Yeah but those aren't just two mistakes. Those are two giant mistakes.
well. Subjective. Who lost the game. The players or the coach.
Sidenote:
Bastards aren't treated well in the medieval world. Don't let Ramsay fool you. He was hated by rose before rose couldn't have another child.
And Caitlin's story about wanting Jon dead was show not book.

Everything that masagi said though. I'd add to it but not at my pc atm.

Tyrion wasn't a big mistake imo. Holding him hostage was necessary very necessary because of the assumed stipulations behind it. Going to insane lysa was stupid because she trusted her to hold him hostage. Not want to kill him. Lysa was a unknown factor/liability

well. Subjective. Who lost the game. The players or the coach.
Sidenote:
Bastards aren't treated well in the medieval world. Don't let Ramsay fool you. He was hated by rose before rose couldn't have another child.
And Caitlin's story about wanting Jon dead was show not book.

Everything that masagi said though. I'd add to it but not at my pc atm.

Tyrion wasn't a big mistake imo. Holding him hostage was necessary very necessary because of the assumed stipulations behind it. Going to insane lysa was stupid because she trusted her to hold him hostage. Not want to kill him. Lysa was a unknown factor/liability
Holding him hostage wasn't necessary. She took him with almost no proof. Alternative options are she could have let him go because what really would have happened? Word gets out she left Winterfell then what? Even if this path would have lead to war, they could have had more time to prepare. Also what was her actual plan by taking him to the Eyrie? Have him stand trial? Even if he was found guilty, was she seriously expecting the Lannister to just accept that and not go to war? She could have just killed him right there at the Inn and would have got the same result. 
laugh.gif

I never said bastards were or should have been treated well in GoT. Simply saying that Cats treatment of Jon is unwarranted. He was no threat to her children, her children loved him, and he's still family. She considered LF more "like family" then him...WTF. Wishing him dead was just show stuff, but this is the show thread so it's valid. She did wish he was the one that fell out of the window instead of Bran in the books though which is still harsh 
laugh.gif

That's how some women are. Find out the husband cheats and go fight the mistress instead of the husband. Can't in this case, so she hates the offspring; especially having to live with him. I assume in their society it just wasn't customary to divorce, especially when you're a noble or in a position of power.

Shame. I think her and Ned and tyrion had the best chapters in book 1. People don't give it the credit it deserves. I know this is the show thread but for those who read the book know she is one of of the most pivotal and dynamic reads of the book. Only real bores were bran. And daneyers starting from after the house of the undying book2 to book5. And only thing book 5 offered were Selmy chapters. And her getting Hoed out

Sanaa's chapters in the Vale were terrible as were the Iron Islands ones

I'm reading through them again and I routinely skip those

Sansa chapters. May hands down be the worst. They were important while she was in kings landing. But still a boring read. I'm interested to see the deviation from show to book though

Won't lie, back when I didn't know how ruthless GRRM could be and I saw all these Ls this family was taking and that it would only get worse going in to S3 (I binged the first 3 seasons I think) I was hoping for some hidden Stark son or cousin to pop up so bad :lol:

Robb, Jon, and some little girls and boys were providing no hope.

Last edited:
Binge watching this ish for the second time really shows how much foreshadowing this show does

Back
Top Bottom