• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manchester United

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Only thing I can think is he completely misjudged the pace the ball was going at or direction it was going. Which is still bad goalkeeping :lol:

Seeing the replay a few times it almost looks like he thought Grealish was shooting and he was going to let it go wide once he realized it wasn't on goal. Having no clue Mahrez was back post. Again....trash goal keeping

And Ronaldo is 37 years old. Messi is 35. Saying Messi is clearly above Ronaldo at this stage in their career when a drop off becomes exponential with age is stupid. Messi could be at Miami FC or Inter Miami Milan whatever the MLS team is called by the time he is 37. Ronaldo's "drop off" has literally occurred over the past year.

As someone who’s conceded Messi is above CR in greatness now, it’s strange how CR’s legacy is being smeared at the age of 37. Other greats stopped playing or were already in Japan/Saudi Arabia/South America for years at 37. CR was still elite at Messi’s current age.

CR is still the best to do it in the toughest competition with the strongest teams, the UCL. As much as propaganda machines want to try wiping our memories, we all know what we witnessed when he threepeated and dismantled a Juve defense that was tougher to crack than any World Cup side. Did this while prime Messi was crying after countless fake Copa do-overs and choking to Roma and Liverpool in the CL. CR did this for a duration much longer than a month long tournament.

In the end of the day tho greatness is also about optics and legacy and Messi’s stock has skyrocketed while CR’s has plummeted in the last months. It’s how people and the court of public opinion work. Just seems there’s been a lot of revisionist history since Messi won the World Cup that CR was always in his shadow, when for years he was dominating footy’s strongest competition.

Last edited:
As someone who’s conceded Messi is above CR in greatness now, it’s strange how CR’s legacy is being smeared at the age of 37. Other greats stopped playing or were already in Japan/Saudi Arabia/South America for years at 37. CR was still elite at Messi’s current age.

CR is still the best to do it in the toughest competition with the strongest teams, the UCL. As much as propaganda machines want to try wiping our memories, we all know what we witnessed when he threepeated and dismantled a Juve defense that was tougher to crack than any World Cup side. Did this while prime Messi was crying after countless fake Copa do-overs and choking to Roma and Liverpool in the CL. CR did this for a duration much longer than a month long tournament.

In the end of the day tho greatness is also about optics and legacy and Messi’s stock has skyrocketed while CR’s has plummeted in the last months. It’s how people and the court of public opinion work. Just seems there’s been a lot of revisionist history since Messi won the World Cup that CR was always in his shadow, when for years he was dominating footy’s strongest competition.

This is all Kolo Muani’s fault.

Never knew that was the reason why he never played for a European club :lol:, they legit wrote it into law :rofl:

And Eusebio wanted to play for RM in the 1960’s but Santiago Bernabéu would have never bought a Black player (especially a Star) during that time.

Eusebio could have replaced Puskás and Di Stéfano. Would have been the perfect pick up.

RM could have had even more CL’s titles. Eusebio was out there winning CL’s with Benfica and bringing them to the Finals every year.

Real shame.

Didn't see this one before replying to Japes article, but 100% agree.

A Footballing legend being smeared like this at 37 years old is so crazy.

They’ve been waiting for this for 15 years. I’ve never seen this in any Sport. Maybeeeeee Brady? Nah, not even close to as bad. :lol:

The hatred is so real. They legit-legit hate him. Kind of disgusting.

I think the English are the most passionate about the sport in europe. The only bunch that come close to our passion in South America (Argentina, Brazil, & Uruguay)

Yes. I agreed with you on this plenty of times.

I would argue the north is even more passionate. Look at our stadiums.. look at the parades when we win. Don’t let mean street hooligans confuse you

I’d agree. Anfield and Old Trafford are magical places.

But I still think London go harder. They’re angrier. That was my point.

Really nice people in the North of England.

I never heard anything about him being good or bad, but Brentford are well run, don't really see them clout chasing or the need for it.

In Latin-Europe It varies. They’re all passionate too but they won’t go to the games unless they have a good reason. :lol:

I have been to so many empty Roma and Porto games :lol:

Argentina and England go the hardest in the world. I want to catch a game at La Bombonera before I die.

Dalot and Antony back in the XI, ETH really doesn't rate Vic or Maguire though bringing Shaw back at CB :lol: :lol:

DDG also cracking the top 10 All-Time United appearance list with his 511th :pimp:

Well earned as a good club servant, he's a top 3 keeper ever at the club for me.

20230106_144339.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom