::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Another day... another genius "fan" gets a Suarez tattoo:

Can you spot it? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Lmao I laughed when I had read that there were fans waiting to welcome Suarez back after his suspension as a hero XD

They should throw tomatoes at him for being an idiot. Even toddlers learn they can't bite people.

Last edited:
After thinking about it, I think Australia should get the Qatar WC bid.

With some minor renovations they have the stadia and is a beautiful country.

Last edited:
I cant believe Argentina made it to the final. After all these years of suffering we are in the final with a boring catenaccio edition of the team. Pre-tournament I predicted we'd meet (and lose) to Brazil in the final. After the completion of the group stage I was extremely disappointed with our performances but I had hope we'd improve in the KO-stage and atleast make it to the semis. Well, we have improved in the KO-stage but not in the manner expected. Going into the tournament our attack was our major strength while our defence was crap. Here we are now in the final with the tournament's best defence and a really poor attack. Germany are the clear favorites and are the superior team on paper but with Argentina's defence we have a chance. Also there will be less pressure on Argentina since no one expects them to win.

It'll be interesting to see which way the crowd swings during the final - we have had 'homefield' advantage in our first 6 matches but I'm expecting far less Argentina fans to be in attendance on Sunday. Some Brazil fans are selling their final tickets so atleast there will be less of them in attendance supporting Germany. Hopefully Di Maria is fit enough to play because he has been our only other attacker apart from Messi capable of creating anything on his own. Enzo Perez has been an excellent replacement and if Di Maria is fit, I'd prefer to drop Lavezzi for Di Maria and keep Perez as a starter. Aguero is not fit/in-form so I wouldnt even consider starting him.

Even if we lose on Sunday, I wont feel too bad since Germany is pure class and I'd much rather lose to them in the final than Brazil.

Spot on. Repped.

I cant believe Argentina made it to the final. After all these years of suffering we are in the final with a boring catenaccio edition of the team. Pre-tournament I predicted we'd meet (and lose) to Brazil in the final. After the completion of the group stage I was extremely disappointed with our performances but I had hope we'd improve in the KO-stage and atleast make it to the semis. Well, we have improved in the KO-stage but not in the manner expected. Going into the tournament our attack was our major strength while our defence was crap. Here we are now in the final with the tournament's best defence and a really poor attack. Germany are the clear favorites and are the superior team on paper but with Argentina's defence we have a chance. Also there will be less pressure on Argentina since no one expects them to win.

It'll be interesting to see which way the crowd swings during the final - we have had 'homefield' advantage in our first 6 matches but I'm expecting far less Argentina fans to be in attendance on Sunday. Some Brazil fans are selling their final tickets so atleast there will be less of them in attendance supporting Germany. Hopefully Di Maria is fit enough to play because he has been our only other attacker apart from Messi capable of creating anything on his own. Enzo Perez has been an excellent replacement and if Di Maria is fit, I'd prefer to drop Lavezzi for Di Maria and keep Perez as a starter. Aguero is not fit/in-form so I wouldnt even consider starting him.

Even if we lose on Sunday, I wont feel too bad since Germany is pure class and I'd much rather lose to them in the final than Brazil.
Spot on. Repped.
I agree with the Perez assessment.  Dude looked good and deserves to play in the final one way or the other.  But Germany to me has the best defense in the tournament....Neuer is in a different league then Romero.  I can see Romero making a stupid decision to cost Argentina.  So many unnecessary punches last game...reminds me of when howard punched the ball out right to Muller and he scored.  He probably could have caught that ball, just like Romero could have caught at least one or two of his many punches against the Dutch.

But I am hoping that German arrogance leads to not man marking or doubling Messi all game.  I hope he gets space to work and shines.  Its on you Leo...lets get it done!

After thinking about it, I think Australia should get the Qatar WC bid.

With some minor renovations they have the stadia and is a beautiful country.

Whoever it is it shouldn't be Qatar - corruption, human rights abuses and stupid weather for football are just a few of the reasons.

Spot on. Repped.

Good to see you are still around man.

Mascherano hasnt had the best month of his life but he was immense vs the Netherlands. He played like a warrior and showed that he is the real leader and captain of the team.

Argentina's team doctor reported Di Maria today at being 60-80% fit. I love Di Maria as a player but I hope to god we dont risk him on Sunday. Hopefully Sabella has looked around at recent examples of bringing back key injured players too soon (Diego Costa in the CL final or even De Jong for Holland in the semis).

Aguero is also excellent but he has not had a good month and unfortunately remains out of form. Although Higuain is overweight, slow and was really frustrating up until the Belgium match, he stepped it up against the Netherlands is our safest CF bet for the final. Palacio and Lavezzi have been junk IMO. Lavezzi's work rate has been good and he's offered good cover on the left side of the defence but he has offered nothing in attack. If Di Maria does not start than Lavezzi will likely get the nod. Enzo Perez has been very good and deserves to start in the final. Ideally we'd go with a front six of Mascherano, Biglia, Perez, Di Maria, Messi and Higuain but Di Maria should only start if the team's staff is sure he can play the entire match.

The Germans will be really tough and to be honest, my expectations of winning in the final are low, but we need to remember Germany is not unbeatable. Aside from their demolitions of Portugal and Brazil, they have had a bit of trouble scoring goals against their four other opponents, and did face some serious resistance from Ghana and Algeria. My biggest concern is how well Germany will prepare for us from a tactical point of view and if Sabella will be able to counter that with necessary adjustments during the match. The Germans are scientists when it comes to studying and preparing for opponents so they will go into Sunday's match looking to exploit every weakness we have. Nobody studies opponents better than these guys so I hope Sabella does some adequate homework of his own. If we have had one major weakness this tournament IMO, it's been Sabella's inability to make necessary adjustments during matches. None of his subs or tactical changes have really been effective in any of our matches which leaves me a bit concerned for the final. Nonetheless, I'm proud of the team for making the final and proud of the awesome Argentina fans that travelled to Brazil - one of the best group of supporters at the tournament.

I agree with the Perez assessment.  Dude looked good and deserves to play in the final one way or the other.  But Germany to me has the best defense in the tournament....Neuer is in a different league then Romero.  I can see Romero making a stupid decision to cost Argentina.  So many unnecessary punches last game...reminds me of when howard punched the ball out right to Muller and he scored.  He probably could have caught that ball, just like Romero could have caught at least one or two of his many punches against the Dutch.

But I am hoping that German arrogance leads to not man marking or doubling Messi all game.  I hope he gets space to work and shines.  Its on you Leo...lets get it done!

Romero is not a very good GK but our strong team defence has taken a lot of the work load and pressure off of him. He has been good enough this tournament and I cant really think of any major mistakes he has made.

I agree that the German defence is really good, in large part due to Neuer's presence. Neuer has pretty much acted as Germany's sweeper, allowing them to play a high defensive line and press their opponents. Hopefully Argentina can exploit Germany's high-line and score.

I dont think the German's have been arrogant at all this tournament but they are going into the final knowing they are the favourites.

Near the end of regulation in Wednesday’s World Cup semifinal between the Netherlands and Argentina, Arjen Robben seemed like he was about to score the game-winner, when Javier Mascherano came out of nowhere with a brilliant save. And tore his anus in the process. Translated from an article on ESPN Brazil: In the mixed zone, Javier Mascherano spared no words to describe the move: “I do not want to be rude … I tore the anus that play.

Remember that play? Game saving tackle during stoppage time of the World Cup semi’s? Yeah, it ripped Mascherano’s butthole in half. AND HE KEPT PLAYING! So that’s it, I’m putting an end to “soccer player’s are wussies.” Yes, he’s only one man, but this is a big enough injury to erase all that. Dude I can’t take two diarrhea dumps in a day without having to dab instead of wipe the second time. I can’t walk more than a city block in July without having to start waddling in order to avoid chaffing. But this dude kept playing soccer at a World Cup level with a butthole that looked like Amy Brooke’s. That’s amazing. **** Kirk Gibson, **** Ronnie Lott cutting off his pinky, **** TO’s broken leg and **** Willis Reed. This is the most amazing thing anyone’s ever done with an injury in the name of sport.

Last edited:
Welp. Just got away with a robbery at two Ross stores. Picked up a USMNT 2012 home (Waldos) and away player issued jersey for $30 apiece. Went to another store that had an away jersey but no price tag. Lady at the register charged me $12.99 for it. :smokin

IMG0055-471405124719.jpg

IMG00561405124719.jpg

All larges. I normally wear S/M but these run small anyway.

Back
Top Bottom