Official Fiesta Bowl: Texas VS ohio state

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

%##+ I forgot to change my pick in the yahoo league to Ohio State!

Good for me. I'm almost hoping OSU wins just because everyone picked Texas and I would probably be better off since this game is only like 19 pts. for me.
I honest to God thought I had OSU which is why i put so much on the game because I would take the lead if they win

Kindle
smh.gif
Can't believe he's already only got one more year left

People at the game said the stadium is not all the way full. From VT board:

Son just texted from Fiesta Bowl. Stadium is half empty..Basically, tickets are being given away. In that context, our fan showing
at the Orange Bowl was not as poor as it might have seen when
comparted to our history and especially when compared to other bowl
games. If there is one team that has a better traveling reputation than
VT, it is Ohio State. There might as well not be any Texas fans there
from what I am told.

I really thought if anything this would be the most packed bowl. Two huge fanbases from huge schools and OSU ALWAYS travels well. Is the economy really thisbad? Or are OSU fans tired of going to games they lose so they didn't show up as much as expected (like VT did this year).

Sometimes Ohio State forgets that it is an elite team with talent,
smh.gif

Sweater Vest plays it safe a bit too much.

I think it's the economy. A lot of people who usually go on vacay/travel to games are choosing to stay home this year to help out their pocketbooks.

I was actually shocked to see so many Penn State fans at the Rose Bowl. I know they travel well, but bottom line is the economy is bad. RoseBowl had a packed house. Maybe it has to do with the venue, a vacation to Los Angeles sounds better than a vacation to Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom