Official Fiesta Bowl: Texas VS ohio state

If bowl season has taught us anything, it is that the Big Ten is garbage and the Big XII is overrated.

I ain't picking the winner in this one.

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

laugh.gif
@ the ludicrous comments in here...

1. The Bowl season has been pretty unpredictable so far...

2. Texas actually has to play a real defense instead of that Big 12 video game defense they faced every week....
i going for ohio state but u remember last time yall played a good offense and not the 2 yards and a cloud of dust football? USC went to work

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Ill be there
pimp.gif

Hopefully Texas covers

me too.
pimp.gif

the two bcs bowl games that i knew the other team didnt stand chance:
PSU v USC
OSU v UT

USC dominated... texas will do the same. easily

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

If bowl season has taught us anything, it is that the Big Ten is garbage and the Big XII is overrated.

I ain't picking the winner in this one.

so you callin a tie? word to McNabb
laugh.gif

I think OSU is outmatched but I see them putting up a good fight

In the end Tejas by 14

2. Texas actually has to play a real defense instead of that Big 12 video game defense they faced every week....
QFT

Texas' schedule, with defensive rankings of each team (via Fox sports).

Florida Atlantic - 81
UTEP - 118
Rice - 104
Arkansas - 94
Colorado - 87
Oklahoma - 58
Missouri - 68
Okla St - 76
T. Tech - 74
Baylor - 88
Kansas - 82
Tex A&M - 115

Must be nice to play a bunch of cupcake D's.

OSU puts pressure on McCoy, something he hasn't (really) faced all year. He gets sacked at least 3 times, throws at least 1 pick.

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

QFT

Texas' schedule, with defensive rankings of each team (via Fox sports).

Florida Atlantic - 81
UTEP - 118
Rice - 104
Arkansas - 94
Colorado - 87
Oklahoma - 58
Missouri - 68
Okla St - 76
T. Tech - 74
Baylor - 88
Kansas - 82
Tex A&M - 115

Must be nice to play a bunch of cupcake D's.

OSU puts pressure on McCoy, something he hasn't (really) faced all year. He gets sacked at least 3 times, throws at least 1 pick.

Yeah we haven't faced any good defenses, but do you honestly think your freshman QB will survive in a BCS game against Orakpo and Kindle?
laugh.gif

You might hold us to below 40 but there's no way in hell OSU outscores us

I always put too much faith in the possibilites for OSU. I really like they're team, and once again feel like that D can be overrated at times.

I hope they put up a fight at least. I think the should. I mean, how can Texas really hurt them besides Colt going off. They don't have great superstarplayers really. I don't know?

Haven't said that, Texas probably wins big.

quick bcs question...why is ohio st. in this game and texas tech not even though t.tech is has a better bcs ranking than osu?

is it because too many big 12 teams in bcs...or osu brings more money/fans into the game...?

Originally Posted by aka Quicks

quick bcs question...why is ohio st. in this game and texas tech not even though t.tech is has a better bcs ranking than osu?

is it because too many big 12 teams in bcs...or osu brings more money/fans into the game...?
A conference is limited to two BCS teams unless those teams play each other in the national championship game.

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

I'm not gonna predict a win for Ohio State, because clearly we are outmatched.

But PLEASE... PLEASE guys, AT LEAST show up today! If you have ANY ounce of pride.

(I will say this: Ohio State's hope lies in Beanie Wells, who I don't think Texas can stop. We also need the defensive line to get pressure on Colt, and not allow him to sit back and cut up the secondary ala Sanchez, Matt Flynn, Chris Leak)
That's how I feel. I think they will show up. I'm not sure if they have enough to win...but come ready to smack some people in the mouth,at least.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I hope today is the day, OSU can finally win a big game
i doubt it. but for the Big 10's sake they need to make it a highly competitive game

if they get blown out, the big 10 will get absolutely no love from the voters next year.

Not as much talking about this game as I was expecting, especially a little over an hour before kickoff...

Back
Top Bottom