Official Eminem - Relapse Thread - May 19th

and just for the record, to many kids who dont know any better, rap can be SERIOUSLY damaging to them and portray values that arent necessarily productive insociety ... but for me, i have my head on straight and know that it isnt cool to have a twisted fantasy about a double arm and leg amputee in reality ... butdamn if it isnt entertaining and a breath of fresh air from reality lol ...

Back to the topic at hand... If Em were to rap about a different topic on We Made You, do yall think you would like it more?

I mean, the beat is NICE, and the hook is catchy as hell... Maybe if he were to talk about something other than celebrities it would make for a better overall track. I still bump it based on beat and hook alone.
i promise im done with the side track
laugh.gif
... i think emwasted a couple of beats that he could have "went in on" with a different subject matter and made the album better to the serious rap fan ... thatbeing said, without we made you being we made you, he wouldnt sell as much ...

but If I'm not conservative then I'm automatically a communist, according to LilStar.

The whole aspect of conservatism is not compatible with eminem. The whole point of moral and family values does not comply with Em's music. You can'tbe a conservative who likes Eminem, period.

The things you raise just show your ignorance. Freedom of speech, opposing abortion, lowering taxes etc are not conservatism. This is a common misconception.Conservatism in America started with the Whig and Federalist parties which actually wanted larger government and less state rights. Go read a history book.

Conservatism as we know it now is all about preserving our core "American values" - something that would make listening to or liking Eminemoxymoronic and stupid. Like attending KKK rallies and then listening to Dead Prez albums.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

and just for the record, to many kids who dont know any better, rap can be SERIOUSLY damaging to them and portray values that arent necessarily productive in society ... but for me, i have my head on straight and know that it isnt cool to have a twisted fantasy about a double arm and leg amputee in reality ... but damn if it isnt entertaining and a breath of fresh air from reality lol ...
shut the #%@@ up
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by M16

but If I'm not conservative then I'm automatically a communist, according to LilStar.

The whole aspect of conservatism is not compatible with eminem. The whole point of moral and family values does not comply with Em's music. You can't be a conservative who likes Eminem, period.

The things you raise just show your ignorance. Freedom of speech, opposing abortion, lowering taxes etc are not conservatism. This is a common misconception. Conservatism in America started with the Whig and Federalist parties which actually wanted larger government and less state rights. Go read a history book.

Conservatism as we know it now is all about preserving our core "American values" - something that would make listening to or liking Eminem oxymoronic and stupid. Like attending KKK rallies and then listening to Dead Prez albums.

Where conservatism began and where it is NOW are two different things man.

And youre comparison of KKK/Dead Prez is way off. has nothing to do with Levin/Eminem
Eminem is entertainment... Entertainment/art hold no boundaries to political values/beliefs

Originally Posted by PAsSback

Back to the topic at hand... If Em were to rap about a different topic on We Made You, do yall think you would like it more?

I mean, the beat is NICE, and the hook is catchy as hell... Maybe if he were to talk about something other than celebrities it would make for a better overall track. I still bump it based on beat and hook alone.
Eminem has a formula. He puts out a wacky silly first single poking fun at celebrities ( The Real slim shady) ( Just Lose it) ( Without Me) ( Myname is) all of which are the same thing as We Made You. Nothing's changed. He just left 4 years so you wouldn't realize it's the same thing overagain and would love it again. J/k, but when you sell 100mm off that method, why stop now?

Originally Posted by M16

The whole aspect of conservatism is not compatible with eminem. The whole point of moral and family values does not comply with Em's music. You can't be a conservative who likes Eminem, period.

The things you raise just show your ignorance. Freedom of speech, opposing abortion, lowering taxes etc are not conservatism. This is a common misconception. Conservatism in America started with the Whig and Federalist parties which actually wanted larger government and less state rights. Go read a history book.

Conservatism as we know it now is all about preserving our core "American values" - something that would make listening to or liking Eminem oxymoronic and stupid. Like attending KKK rallies and then listening to Dead Prez albums.

And youre comparison of KKK/Dead Prez is way off. has nothing to do with Levin/Eminem
Eminem is entertainment... Entertainment/art hold no boundaries to political values/beliefs

Wrong. That's not what conservatives believe; hence why they are always complaining about rap music degenerating society and other stupid claims. Just stopposting, you are arguing a null point. Conservatives want nice and sweet family values; Em completely goes against that. KKK wants Blacks treated like 2ndclass citizens; Dead Prez goes against that. Comparison is perfect. You fail to realize that the whole point is conservatives DO NOT look at it as "justmusic". Go read Mark Levin's or any other conservatives blog. You seem to confuse the current day republican party with conservatism; another commonmistake.

BWS FOOT SOLDIER wrote:
PAsSback wrote:

Eminem has a formula. He puts out a wacky silly first single poking fun at celebrities ( The Real slim shady) ( Just Lose it) ( Without Me) ( My name is) all of which are the same thing as We Made You. Nothing's changed. He just left 4 years so you wouldn't realize it's the same thing over again and would love it again. J/k, but when you sell 100mm off that method, why stop now?

You think i dont realize "the formula"

The question im raising is hypothetical...
eyes.gif

Anyway, the formula of dissing celebs doesnt even catch people's attention no more... That !+** is everywhere... In my opinion, he could have sold thissong just as well with different lyrics.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

Wrong. That's not what conservatives believe; hence why they are always complaining about rap music degenerating society and other stupid claims. Just stop posting, you are arguing a null point. Conservatives want nice and sweet family values; Em completely goes against that. KKK wants Blacks treated like 2nd class citizens; Dead Prez goes against that. Comparison is perfect. You fail to realize that the whole point is conservatives DO NOT look at it as "just music". Go read Mark Levin's or any other conservatives blog. You seem to confuse the current day republican party with conservatism; another common mistake.

Levin doesnt want rappers treated as 2nd class citizens... He just doesnt agree with what they put out there, so your comparison sucks

My whole point is, just because Levin doesnt agree with rap music, doesnt mean a conservative person cant enjoy a certain form of music... Everyone has a"guilty pleasure"

Im done tho, back to the real topic...We will never agree anyway

the point though was he go as far as to read a conservative book, which is more than just turning on fox news every once in a while that means you have strongfeelings about that stuff....and on top of that the dude SWEATS eminem here on NT so when you look at it like that its def kinda funny.

The fact that you called it a guilty pleasure proves my point. Why is it "guilty" if it's perfectly fine ? Like a KKK member calling Miles Davisa "guilty pleasure"

We'll go back to Em now though.

We Made You should have been a comedic attack at rap in general today. Just making fun of how the industry is right now without really mentioning any names(only because Em wouldn't diss another big rapper).

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

and just for the record, to many kids who dont know any better, rap can be SERIOUSLY damaging to them and portray values that arent necessarily productive in society ... but for me, i have my head on straight and know that it isnt cool to have a twisted fantasy about a double arm and leg amputee in reality ... but damn if it isnt entertaining and a breath of fresh air from reality lol ...
shut the #%@@ up
indifferent.gif
word!!!

i honestly think this dude has some mental issues or somethin... he HAS to....

so so far ive gotten "shut the *#$# up" and "you dont know anything"
laugh.gif
... them M16, the biggest loser in the music forum goes back to original"conservatism" lololololol ... yes we all took history we know that ideals were flipped back then ... shut your dumb *!% up and blast some vinnie paz%%*!#% ... finally done with your *!%, it used to be funny reading your posts cuz i thought you were half way making fun, but now i see you are the ultimaterap #%$$ rider ... no one listens to vinnie paz and JMT no one cares that they sold 75k albums they are nothings in life and should never be brought up again...

the point though was he go as far as to read a conservative book, which is more than just turning on fox news every once in a while that means you have strong feelings about that stuff....and on top of that the dude SWEATS eminem here on NT so when you look at it like that its def kinda funny.
i have very strong feelings about my life and what i want done with my money ... i choose to buy eminems album and id also like to choose whathealth care i have and whatever else i want to do with my money ... like reading amazon's #1 best seller is such an OUTLANDISH thing to do "o myword"
roll.gif
... i went so far as to read a conservative book ... geez us

Originally Posted by nocomment6

I dont like this album all that much. Was hoping for way better from Em.
after running through mmlp and sslp last night, i can see where people dont like relapse ... his voice has changed but i dont thinks its worse itsjust different ...

Originally Posted by M16

This dude has absolutely NO CLUE what he is talking about.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

shut the #%@@ up
indifferent.gif

Dude has point. There are plenty of kids out there who listen to +%#% like Wayne and Gucci who think that everything they're talking about in their raps iscool so they want to be just like they're favorite rappers and do what they're doing in their songs. There are plenty of people who take what rapperssay way to seriously and don't understand that it's just entertainment and not real life.

To think this isn't true is ignorance.

But then again, this is NT where most of the members fit this category.

Btw, Relapse is awesome.

I haven't read a word of this thread, but I just wanna know, why the hell does he use that weird voice (like the one in "We Made You") throughoutthe whole CD?
mad.gif

theres a difference, i could give a ##!! ... M16 sittin their with a poster of vinnie paz, them glow in the dark stars on his ceiling, a blacklight, a M16 anda computer trying to be the realest rap fan on NT and life ...

Dude has point. There are plenty of kids out there who listen to +%#% like Wayne and Gucci who think that everything they're talking about in their raps is cool so they want to be just like they're favorite rappers and do what they're doing in their songs. There are plenty of people who take what rappers say way to seriously and don't understand that it's just entertainment and not real life.

Btw, Relapse is awesome.
dont say that yardfather, youre supposed to tell me to shut the !%+% up and call me a stan ... then
indifferent.gif
me

this album got me checking for music again. past few years i havent been on top of $@%! like i used to be. at first my fav song was stay wide awake, now itshello, em's flow on it is just
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. actually the whole album is like that lol but hello is where it really takes off imo

theres a difference, i could give a ##!! ... M16 sittin their with a poster of vinnie paz, them glow in the dark stars on his ceiling, a blacklight, a M16 and a computer trying to be the realest rap fan on NT and life ...

Dude has point. There are plenty of kids out there who listen to +%#% like Wayne and Gucci who think that everything they're talking about in their raps is cool so they want to be just like they're favorite rappers and do what they're doing in their songs. There are plenty of people who take what rappers say way to seriously and don't understand that it's just entertainment and not real life.

Btw, Relapse is awesome.
dont say that yardfather, youre supposed to tell me to shut the !%+% up and call me a stan ... then
indifferent.gif
me

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Digger85

this album got me checking for music again. past few years i havent been on top of $@%! like i used to be. at first my fav song was stay wide awake, now its hello, em's flow on it is just
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. actually the whole album is like that lol but hello is where it really takes off imo

hello is my favorite track probably right now ...

Back
Top Bottom